It’s Independence Day and you may want to extend well wishes or greetings to loved ones who are celebrating the 4th of July. Check out our collection of the best quotes and sayings below.
1. America, to me, is freedom.
– Willie Nelson
2. Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.
– Ronald Reagan
3. I always have the most fun on the Fourth of July. You don’t have to exchange any gifts. You just go to the beach and watch fireworks. It’s always fun.
– James Lafferty
4. I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.
– Wendell Willkie
5. This Independence Day, take a step back and cherish your life and the country you live in while appreciating the sacrifices people made to give us independence today.
6. Independence now and forever!
– Daniel Webster
7. No other date on the calendar more potently symbolizes all that our nation stands for than the Fourth of July.
– Mac Thornberry
8. Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness.
– Louis D. Brandeis
9. Enjoy the blessings of freedom and independence, but also do your part and work hard to appreciate it.
10. The Fourth of July should be celebrated with big hearts.
– Camila Alves
11. Kiss is a Fourth of July fireworks show with a backbeat.
– Gene Simmons
12. May we think of freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.
– Peter Marshall
13. I’m a huge fan of the first ‘Independence Day.’ It is amazing. When it came out in 1995, just how explosive and big it was… I loved it.
– Maika Monroe
14. The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor, and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly.
– John F. Kennedy
15. Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
– Albert Camus
16. If you think Independence Day is America’s defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down.
– Tony Snow
17. Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
– John F. Kennedy
18. You may be a redneck if… your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.
– Jeff Foxworthy
19. Every Fourth of July, our Declaration of Independence is produced, with a sublime indignation, to set forth the tyranny of the mother country and to challenge the admiration of the world. But what a pitiful detail of grievances does this document present in comparison with the wrongs which our slaves endure!
– William Lloyd Garrison
20. When I saw ‘Independence Day,’ I said, ‘I want to be like Will Smith.’ I want to do something like that. If he can do it, maybe one day I can come close to a set like that.
– Cory Hardrict