NFL Free Agency 2015 signals the start of the new NFL year, and kicks into full gear at the beginning of next week.
Regardless of record from the previous year, every team enters Free Agency will holes to fill:
Here is the date and time NFL Free Agency 2015 begins:
Date: March 10th, 2015
Time: 4:00 p.m. EST
The itinerary for NFL teams leading up to 4 p.m. includes:
– Prior to 4 p.m. ET, clubs must exercise options for 2015 on all players who have option clauses in their 2014 contracts
– Prior to 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a – Right of First Refusal/Compensation
– Prior to 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2014 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit
– Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the 2015 salary cap prior to 4 p.m. ET
– All 2014 player contracts expire at 4 p.m. ET
– 2015 league year and free agency period begins at 4 p.m. ET
– Trading period for 2015 begins (4 p.m. ET)
Going into Free Agency, the Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns and New York Jets have the most cap space. Some of the biggest free agents on the market include: Ndamokung Suh, DeMarco Murray and Julius Thomas.
League trades can be finalized next week as well, which is good news for Eagles and Bills fans.