Kawhi Leonard and the San Antonio Spurs head west to face the Los Angeles Lakers Friday at 10:30 p.m. Eastern. Looking for a way to watch the Spurs-Lakers game online if you don’t have a cable or satellite subscription? Here’s how you can do that.
If You Don’t Have Cable
Outside the Los Angeles and San Antonio TV Markets
If you’re not in the Los Angeles or San Antonio markets, you can watch via NBA League Pass, which has plans ranging from a one-game pass to a season-long all-access pass that will give you access to every out-of-market game all season.
There are two ways to buy League Pass: Through the NBA’s website or app, and through Verizon’s go90 app, which provides mobile streaming of every League Pass game for half the price of the regular League Pass all-access subscription. The all-access pass through go90 is free if you’re a Verizon customer with access to the company’s Streampass service, which is complimentary with large data plans.
If you buy a League Pass subscription through the NBA, you can watch on a smart phone, tablet, computer or connected TV. The following options are available:
- A one-game pass for $6.99. This will allow you to watch tonight’s game only.
- A team pass for $119.99. This will give you access to every out-of-market game for one team.
- An all-access league pass for $199.99. This will give you access to every out-of-market game for the whole league.
You can also access the NBA app on an Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Fire tablet, Amazon Fire FV, Amazon Fire FV Stick, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita or Roku.
If you’re in the United States and looking to save some money on the all-access pass, you might want to consider buying League Pass through go90. The service streams every out-of-market game on mobile devices for just $99.50, half the price of the all-access pass available through NBA.com. The downside is that go90 streaming is only available on mobile devices. (If you have a connected TV that enables mirroring with smart phones, you’ll have the option of casting the game onto your TV through your phone.) The upside is as follows:
- Regardless of whether Verizon is your wireless carrier, you can buy League Pass on mobile for $99.50.
- If you’re a Verizon wireless customer with a large data plan, you can watch every out-of-market game on go90 for free, so long as you’re registered with StreamPass.
- If you’re a Verizon wireless customer, regardless of the data plan you have, you can stream League Pass games on go90 without using any of your data.
If you’re interested in testing out League Pass on go90 for free, you can do so on November 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 or 20.
If You Do Have Cable
In San Antonio
While most Spurs games are aired on FS Southwest, tonight’s game will be shown on KENS TV. KENS TV does not provide a way for subscribers to watch games via the internet, mobile app or tablet.
In Los Angeles
If your cable or satellite service includes Spectrum SportsNet the game can be accessed online via the Spectrum SportsNet website. The page is still labeled “Time Warner Cable SportsNet, but the name change became official in late September.
You will need to use your cable television provider login information to gain access to the live stream.
There are also Apple and Android apps for Spectrum SportsNet that can be used on a tablet or mobile device.
To download the Spectrum SportsNet app for Apple, click here.
To download the Spectrum SportsNet app for Android, click here.