Just because it’s summer, it doesn’t mean basketball season is over. No, you just move your games outdoors. And you can do that at the comfort of your own home with an in-ground basketball hoop and goal systems.
In-ground systems are a little pricier and take a bit longer to assemble than portable basketball hoops, but the finished product is superior. You’ll get more stability and sturdiness with in-ground systems because they are cemented in. The feel of playing on an in-ground basketball goal is similar to what you’d experience at an indoor gym. The in-ground units also tend to take up less space than portable models. Portable systems are easier on your wallet and simpler to move re-locate. If those interest you, browse some of the top movable goals in our best portable basketball hoops and backboards post.
So keep reading below to check out some of the more popular and functional in-ground basketball rims on the market today. Browse a wider selection of adjustable in-ground basketball hoop and goal systems if this list doesn’t have what you’re looking for.
1. Silverback In-Ground Basketball System with Tempered Glass Backboard
Get the feel of playing indoors at the gym with the Silverback In-Ground Basketball System. The base anchors in concrete to keep the entire system incredibly sturdy and minimizes swaying in windy conditions. Also, the base can be unbolted in case you need to move the hoop for any reason. The tempered glass backboard, which features under-padding, and breakaway rim are extremely durable and flexible, meaning you won’t have to worry about it shattering or getting damaged. And Dupont powder-coated pole height can be easily adjusted between 7.5 and 10 feet. The Silverback is available in two backboard sizes — 54- and 60-inches. You can also purchase Amazon’s expert assembly, which is currently about $420, and it comes with a 5-year limited warranty and all the equipment — nuts, bolts, anchor plate, etc. — you need for installation.
Price: 54-Inch Backboard $699.99
60-Inch Backboard $799.99 (11 percent off MSRP)
- Tempered glass backboard with breakaway rim
- Concrete anchor for maximum strength and durability
- Backboard available in 2 sizes — 54- and 60-inches
- 5-year limited warranty
- Comes with protective pole padding (60-inch backboard model only)
- Pole padding not available on 54-inch backboard model
- If you didn’t purchase professional assembly, it might take some time and a few people to set up
- Expert assembly costs an extra $400
Find more Silverback In-Ground Basketball System with Tempered Glass Backboard information and reviews here.
2. Spalding NBA In-Ground Basketball System (88454G) with 54-Inch Aluminum Trim Glass Backboard
Spalding is the official sponsor of the NBA’s game balls, so you can expect they’re going to put their name only on quality products featuring the league’s logo. And the NBA In-Ground Basketball System is just that. Durable, yet flexible, the system is highlighted by a 54-inch tempered glass backboard (1/4 inch thick) and Pro-Image breakaway rim. Compared to acrylic and polycarbonate backboards, glass offers the most bounce and gives the feel of playing indoors at a gym. The two-piece, four-inch diameter steel pole provides maximum sturdiness and stability and mounts into the ground (in concrete) to create a solid base. The height can be adjusted between 7.5 and 10 feet thanks to the easy-to-use U-Turn lift system and the backboard has an offset of two feet from the pole to allow for easier under-the-basket playing.
- U-Turn lift system easily adjusts height between 7.5 and 10 feet
- Durable Pro-Image breakaway rim
- Backboard is offset from pole by 2 feet for easier under-the-basket play
- Does not come with a pole pad/li>
- Installation could be tedious (expert assembly available to purchase)
- Some users experienced backboard durability issues (shattering)
Find more Spalding NBA In-Ground Basketball System with 54-Inch Aluminum Trim Glass Backboard information and reviews here.
3. Pro Dunk Gold Driveway Basketball Goal Hoop
The Pro Dunk Gold Basketball Goal is a beast of an in-ground system, highlighted by rock-solid construction and top-notch features. While it carries a somewhat hefty price tag, the high-quality materials used and Pro Dunk’s limited lifetime warranty ensure the hoop will last a very long time and provide years of fun. The 60-inch backboard (including 1/2-inch thick) is made of durable yet receptive tempered glass with protective padding — basically what you’d find in an indoor gym. Connected to the backboard is a flexible breakaway rim, capable of handling all your thunderous dunks. The one-piece stainless steel poll measures 6 inches by inches will provide maximum stability in all types of weather. The pole also adjusts from 10 to 5 feet, 2 1/2 feet lower than most standard systems, making it ideal for the smallest of players. Other highlights include a rust armor package, assuring the system will not corrode, and a pole pad for safety.
Price: $1,579.34 (7 percent off MSRP)
- Adjusts from 5 to 10 feet
- 1/2 inch thick tempered glass backboard
- 6 inch by 6 inch one-piece sturdy pole
- Limited lifetime warranty
- On the pricey side
- Shipping weight is 600 pounds
4. Lifetime 71281 In Ground Power Lift Basketball System
From the rim at the top of the price scale, we come to one that you can get for under $300. The Lifetime 71281 In Ground Power Lift Basketball System features a 52-inch shatterproof backboard which is made of polyethylene, which is a high density plastic. The stainless steel pole (3.5 inches in diameter) is in three pieces and comes equipped with a friction-weld joint, which will prevent unwanted movement and promotes stability. The pole also easily adjusts the goal between 7.5 and 10 feet. And the Slam-It Rim allows you to get up there and dunk it with fear of damaging any of the parts. Other features include an all-weather nylon net and a 5-year limited warranty.
Price: $289.95 (17 percent off MSRP)
- Pole features a friction-weld joint to prevent unwanted backboard movement
- Slam-It Rim with all-weather net
- 5-year limited warranty
- Smaller backboard compared to others (52 inches)
- Expert assembly (optional) costs over $400
- Some users found the assembly directions difficult to follow
5. Ryval D554 Basketball Hoop
The Ryval D554 In Ground Basketball Hoop is all about strength, stability, and versatility. Anchored by a 5 inch by 5 inch, 12-gauge steel pole and a J-frame bolt set (included), you can be sure once this system is settled into the concrete block, it’s going to be a rock-solid foundation and able to withstand the outdoor elements. Once you have that necessary sturdy base, you move on to the 54-inch tempered glass backboard (6mm thick), which offers excellent spring and durability. The medium duty flex rim can handle your slam dunks and provides excellent spring like you’d find in an indoor gym. Other highlights include backboard padding, powder-coating paint to prevent wear, an easy adjustable rim from 8 to 10 feet, and a 5-year warranty.
Price: $899.00 (31 percent off MSRP)
- 5 inch by 5 inch, 12-gauge steel pole for maximum stability
- 2 1/2 feet offset from backboard to pole for safer play
- System designed to be removable from concrete block
- 5-year warranty
- Height adjusts only between 8 and 10 feet
- Installation could be difficult without help
- A little on the pricey side