Summer is officially here. That means it’s pool and beach time. Whether you’re competitive swimmer or casual wader, you’ll need to replenish your water-bound gear, which includes a good pair of goggles. Today’s goggles have come a long way in terms of technology and design. And you can get a quality pair of stylish, functional goggles at great prices — usually for under $20.
Some of the models listed below are better for intense events like swim races and triathlons than others. But all of them are ideal for competition and casual swimming, whether you’re at the pool, lake or ocean. And each one is perfect for both indoor or outdoor use. All are extremely versatile, highlighted by UV protection with anti-fog and leak-proof features. Protection from the sun, crystal clear underwater vision and extreme comfort — everything you need for a highly-effective goggle.
Browse a wider selection of UV protection, anti-fog, and leak-proof swimming goggles if this list doesn’t have the model you’re looking for. So keep reading below to see some of the most popular functional swim goggles on the market today. The products listed below aren’t in any particular order.
1. Actorstion Mirrored Swim Goggles
The Mirrored Swim Goggles by Actorstion combine the latest technology with a sleek design at a low price. The eye pieces are made of double-layered, soft silicone for extreme comfort and leak prevention. The durable polycarbonate lenses, which are anti-shatter, feature the latest in anti-fog technology and offer a full range of vision with crystal clear results. Also, Actorstion goggles can be removed in a cinch. The unique Quick Release Strap locks and unlocks in the back with ease and quickness. Other highlights of the goggles include 100 percent UV protection, a carrying case is included, and they are latex free.
Price: $11.99 (25 percent off MSRP)
- Quick release single-click head strap
- Mirrored lenses
- Latex free
- Comes with clear protective case
- Not recommended for children under 12
- Won’t fit all faces; will lead to leaking
2. GAOGE Swimming Goggles
Not only do you get a pair of highly-functional and effective GAOGE Swimming Goggles, but they also throw in a few extra gifts as well. You’ll also receive a case, a swim cap, nose clip, and ear plugs. All for about $12. The mirrored polycarbonate lenses are shatter-proof and feature 100 percent UV protection, anti-fog technology, and a crystal clear, wide range of vision for optimal performance. The ergonomic silicone frames provide extreme comfort and are designed to form a no-leak seal to prevent water from entering the goggle. The adjustable headband strap is made of elastic silicon and features a quick-release design.
Price: $11.99 (59 percent off MSRP)
- Shatter-proof, mirrored polycarbonate lenses
- Includes swim cap, nose plug, ear plugs, and case
- Broad range of visibility
- 100 percent guarantee or full refund
- Some users had durability issues with the strap
- Might not form to all size faces resulting in leakage
3. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggle
If you’re a competitive swimmer, the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Goggle could be what you’re looking for. The compact design keeps the classic Speedo fit with extreme comfort, thanks to the soft silicone around the eye frames. The lenses are mirrored, which helps reduce glare, and offer 100 percent UV protection and anti-fog technology. And the low-profile fit gives you 25 percent more peripheral vision. The goggle includes three interchangeable nose pieces so you can be sure you’ll find the custom fit most comfortable for you. Speedo offers the Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggle in nine colors.
Price: Starting at $15.00 (shown in blue at $18.02); price depends on color and availability
- Mirrored lens helps reduce glare
- Comes with 3 interchangeable nosepieces for a custom fit
- 100 percent PVC and latex free
- Ideal for training and racing
- Some users felt the lenses were too dark
- Not ideal for open-water swimming
4. O’Brighton Swimming Goggle
You get a couple added bonuses with O’Brighton’s Swimming Goggle in the form of a swim cap and ear plugs, useful touches if you’re going to be practicing and racing competitively. The lenses have UV protection for protection from the sun and an anti-fog coating, which will give you clear vision under water. Putting on and taking off the goggles are simple — just unhook the release clasp on the back of the easy-adjust buckle system on the band (see photo below). Other highlights include a soft silicone ring around the frame, which is designed to keep leaks from occurring by creating a comfortable suction around the eyes, and a durable, yet flexible nose bridge.
Price: $10.99 (73 percent off MSRP)
- Comes with swimming cap and ear plugs
- Sealed waterproof silicone rubber ring on frames
- Quick and easy release clasp in the back
- Low price
- Rubbing the inside of the lens can remove the anti-fog coating
- Nose bridge is made of a harder material which could be uncomfortable for some
5. Aguaphile Mirrored Swim Goggles
Complete with UV and anti-fog protection, the Aguaphile Mirrored Swim Goggles feature a waterproof eyecup, which is made of high-quality silicone. With that you can also expect supreme comfort, especially if you have sensitive skin. The tinted mirror lenses are ideal for outdoor use as they’ll cut down on the sun’s glare. And with an adjustable strap and a flexible nose piece, you’ll be sure to get a perfect custom fit. Another bonus, Aguaphile gives a unconditional lifetime refund or replacement guarantee if you’re ever unsatisfied.
Price: $19.98 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Available in 5 colors
- Wide peripheral vision
- Unconditional lifetime refund or replacement guarantee
- Not ideal for adults with smallish heads or children
- Vision might not be as clear indoors; best suited for outdoor use
6. COOLOO Mirrored Swim Goggles, Pack of 2
With COOLOO’s goggles, you’re basically two pair for the price of one. And you’ll also get two pair of ear plugs, two nose clips, and a carrying bag. And that’s not all, they’re highly functional. They have everything you need for a fun day at the pool or beach. Features include: UVA/UVB 400 protection; anti-fog technology; soft, comfortable silicone eyecups; 180 degree peripheral crystal clear vision; easy-fit button clasp design for simple putting on and taking off; shatter- and leak-proof; durable elastic straps; flexible, pain-free nose bridge; they’re latex and PVC free; and includes a 1-year guarantee.
Price: Shown here for $15.99 (47 percent off MSRP); prices begin at $11.99
- Comes in a pack of 2
- Available in 7 different color combinations
- 180-degree peripheral vision design
- Includes 2 pair of ear plugs and 2 nose clips
- Not ideal for training or racing
- Some users experienced durability issues
7. Aegend Swim Goggles
Aegend combined style, comfort and functionality into highly-rated, generously-price pair of goggles. Complete with UV protection and an effective anti-fog coating, getting these goggles on is easy as can be. Simply attach the clasp on the back of the headband, then adjust the size to get a custom fit. Once they’re on, you’ll feel how soft and comfortable they are thanks to the flexible silicone eye frame and nose piece. And when you get into the water, not only will you have full, clear vision through the lightly shaded lenses, but you won’t have to worry about leaking as they’re waterproof. Coming with a 1-year warranty, the Aegend goggles are shatter proof (polycarbonate lenses) and ideal for training, racing or just a casual day in the water.
Price: $12.99 (41 percent off MSRP)
- Slight tint reduces glare
- Easy to put on and take off thanks to clasp on back
- Shatter proof polycarbonate lenses
- 1-year guarantee
- Not recommended for people with over 100 degree myopia eyes
- Nose piece isn’t adjustable
8. Turata Swimming Goggles
Right now, you can get the Turata Swimming Goggles for just $8.99 (until the end of June 2017). That’s a great price for a product that offers everything you need for protection, comfort and functionality while in the water. UV and anti-fog protection, shatter proof polycarbonate lenses, soft silicone frames which make comfortable, and no-leak seals for hassle-free swimming. And in addition to the goggles, Turata will send you a case, nose clip and ear plugs, and it has a lifetime warranty.
Price: $8.99 (55 percent off MSRP)
- Unique cushion design forms seals that won’t leave marks
- Comes with a case, nose clip, and ear plugs
- On sale for $8.99 through the end of June 2017
- The nose piece can’t be adjusted; might pinch
- Not ideal for rigorous water sports and activies
9. Speedo Speed Socket Mirrored Swim Goggle
Speedo’s Speed Socket Mirrored Swim Goggles are ideal for racing competitions and practice sessions. Speedo’s simple, yet extremely effective design produces a low profile fit and lenses which offers excellent peripheral vision, anti-fog protections and drag reduction — essentials to be successful in competition. But they’re much more than a competition goggle. They can be worn casually in outdoor situations as they feature UV protection and mirrored lenses to reduce glare from the sun. Another highlight — the Speed Sockets are hypoallergenic and contain no PVC or latex.
Price: $19.75 (34 percent off MSRP)
- Ideal for training and competition
- Enhanced peripheral vision
- Mirrored lens cuts down on glare, especially outside
- PVC and Latex free
- Some users felt the anti-fog coating didn’t last long
- Some users felt the nose piece wasn’t effective and sometimes painful
10. i SWIM PRO Swimming Goggles
The i-Swim Pro goggles have become one of the most popular models all over the world, with professionals and casual swimmers alike. It’s got everything you need in a functional, high-performance goggle. Some features include UV and anti-fog protection, silicone, leak-proof eyecups to promote comfort, anti-shatter lenses that give up 180 degree peripheral vision, fully adjustable straps and flexible nose piece to get a perfect fit, and an easy put on/take off method in the form of a quick release clasp in the back. You’ll also get a full warranty and a protective case, nose clip, and ear plugs as added bonuses.
Price: $14.97 (35 percent off MSRP)
- Updated anti-fog protection
- Quick release clasp in the back for easy putting on/taking off
- Comes with a case, nose clip and ear plugs
- Available in 5 different colors
- Not recommended for younger children
- Some users experienced durability issues