It’s just about that time. Football season is back. And if you’re a player — high school, college, or adult leaguer — you’re probably going to need some new gear. That’s includes football cleats.
Whether you’re a lineman or a positional player, you’ll want a cleat that’ll help you stay light on your feet, yet still be durable and able to handle all types of field conditions. It’s all about performance on the field, where traction and flexibility are of utmost importance. Slipping and sliding on the turf isn’t going to help you make that key block or get in and out of your cuts cleanly. So we’ve come up with a list of highly-rated cleats from top brands like Under Armour, Adidas, and Nike that’ll keep you fast on your feet and your opponent on his toes.
Browse a wider selection of men’s football cleats if the list below doesn’t have the style you’re looking for.
Note: the following list is in no particular order
1. Under Armour Men’s UA Highlight MC Football Cleats
The Under Armour Men’s UA Highlight MC Football Cleats combine support, style, and performance into one of their most popular and highest-rated shoes for the gridiron. The lightweight cleat (10.8 ounces) is highlighted by UA’s ClutchFit upper, which wraps your foot into a “second skin” to provide added support, while lending extreme flexibility. Other beneficial features include a 3D molded MPZ tongue for extra protection, a olded 4D Foam footbed for maximum comfort, and UA PlasmaX plate which offers superior traction. The cleats themselves are molded onto the soles and the shoe is available in over 20 different colors.
Price: From $78.39 to $139.99; prices vary depending on style, size, and availability
- UA’s ClutchFit technology provides amazing feel, fit, and performance
- Lightweight at under 11 ounces
- Available in over 20 different colors
- Some users felt the cleat ran a bit small
- They can be on the expensive side
2. Adidas Performance Men’s Filthyspeed Mid Football Cleat
It’s in the name, the Adidas Performance Men’s Filthyspeed Mid Football Cleat are built to let you fly around the field. The lightweight cleat features a durable rubber sole which has a TPU fly plate for precision cuts, quickness, and flat-out speed. The synthetic upper provides plenty of support and flexibility so you can be sure your performance won’t be hindered. And the EVA foam insole will keep you comfortable all day long. Designed with a sleek camouflage print, you’ll be certain to stand out on game day. Find a wider selection of Adidas football cleats here.
Price: From $61.10 to $179.18; prices vary depending on style, size, and availability
- EVA foam comfort insole
- Stylish camouflage pattern design
- Lightweight TPU fly plate for precise cuts and speed
- Some users say the shoe runs small in size
- An older model released in 2015
3. Nike Vapor Shark 2 Men’s Football Cleat
The Vapor Shark 2 by Nike is all about keeping your feet light and fast on the field. The lightweight synthetic upper offers flexibility, but is very durable and will stand up as you come in and out of your cuts. The rubber outsole features Nike’s fast-flex technology with 18 cleats that provide maximum performance and versatility no matter what the field conditions are. And as for comfort, the Vapor Shark 2 has a full-length Phylon midsole for extra padding and protection. Check out more Nike football cleats here.
Price: From $37.00 to $150.00; prices vary depending on style, size, and availability
- Nike fast-flex technology provides excellent performance
- Available in over 10 colors
- Some users felt the cleat is too narrow
- Some users felt the cleat ran small
4. Under Armour Men’s UA Highlight MC Sneaker
The Under Armour Men’s UA Highlight MC Sneaker is very similar the UA Highlight Cleat listed above, but just a year older with a different design, which is definitely eye-catching. Innovative features of the Highlight Sneaker include: ClutchFit, which offers tremendous feel and flexibility, while remaining extremely durable; a 3D molded tongue for extra comfort and protection; a 4D Foam footbed which absorbs the pressure of constant movement on the field to keep your feet comfortable; and V56 technology, which is designed to help limit toe hyper-extension. The high-top cleat measures 8 inches high, which provides ankle support, but won’t limit you in your on-field cuts. Browse a wider selection of Under Armour football cleats here.
Price: From $99.00 to $139.00; prices vary depending on style, size, and availability
- 3D molded tongue for comfort and protection
- UA’s ClutchFit technology forms “second skin” for extra flex
- Suitable for positional players and linemen
- Some users felt the shoe had a tight fit
- Depending on style and availability, can be on the pricey side
5. Adidas Adizero 5 Star 6.0 Mid Men’s Football Cleat
Featuring Adidas’ SprintSkin upper, the Adizero 5 Star 6.0 Mid Cleat offers tremendous support and is amazingly light. The mesh lining provides extra breathability to keep you cool and comfortable when the action heats up on the field. You’ll get extra ankle support for the mid-cut and the heel cup keeps your foot secure. The cleat also features a EVA insole and Adidas’ SprintFrame plate to help you get maximum traction during any conditions. This shoe is also available in low-cut style. Browse the Adizero 5 Star 6.0 in low-cut here. The last model of the shoe remains very popular as well. Check out the Adizero 5 Star 5.0 Cleat here.
Price: From $105.87 to $133.89; prices vary depending on style, size, and availability
- Heel cup keeps your foot locked in place
- EVA insole for maximum comfort
- The Sprintskin upper helps make the cleat extremely lightweight
- Some users felt the shoe was narrow in the toes
- A little on the pricey side