After quarterback Dak Prescott declined a $30-million contract extension offer from the Dallas Cowboys, he has reportedly countered with a $40-million ask. NFL Network Reporter Jane Slater gave the inside scoop on Monday.
She also believes that Prescott is using an amount $10 million above owner Jerry Jones’ initial offer because he is negotiating. She tweets that the number is closer to $34-$35 million.
Follow the Heavy on Cowboys Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors and content!
Dak Prescott’s Contract Extension
If Prescott were to take the $30 million offer, he would have been earning roughly the same salary as Atlanta Falcons quarterback and former Super Bowl runner-up Matt Ryan. Prescott is looking to be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL.
Top-Paid Quarterbacks – Average per Year
- 1. Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks) $35 million
- 2. Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh Steelers) $34 million
- 3. Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) $33.5 million
- 4. Carson Wentz (Philadelphia Eagles) $32 million
- 5. Matt Ryan (Atlanta Falcons) $30 million
Follow Rich Durazzo on TWITTER for more articles like this and more!