The Google Motorola X phone has been secretly in development for quite some time. Now, we finally have some new information surrounding the Google developed phone.
1. New Photos of the Google X Leaked
Amazingly, EvLeaks was able to get his/her hands on some pictures of the Motorola X. Here are some of the photos below. You can see the photos below. It’s important to note that the device in the images MAY NOT be the Motorola X; obviously we won’t know till the Motorola X is released.
2. The Motorola X Will Be Developed In House
The Motorola X (also called the Google X) will be developed by both Motorola and Google. Two years ago, Google bought Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion. But, since then, Google hasn’t really done anything with Motorola in terms of new phones or devices. Nilay Patel of The Verge wrote a fantastic article asking why Google hasn’t done anything with Motorola Mobility. Many hypothesized that the company would use Motorola’s patents to sue Apple and other huge companies, but that never happened either because apparently Motorola’s patents aren’t worth as much as previously reported. But, it looks like Google will be working with Motorola on the Google X phone.
3. A Job Posting May Have Confirmed the Google X PhoneA job posting on LinkedIn for a Senior Director of Product Management for a “next generations smartphone device” may indicate that Google’s looking for someone to help on the development for the Motorola X. As we previously reported, the job posting lends credence to the rumors that Google and Motorola are developing the Google X.
4. It May Be Attached to Android 5.0 Key Lime PieMajor software upgrades are usually attached to a flagship device, and we can assume that Google will pair Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie with the Motorola X. It makes sense, and Apple does something similar; even though iOS 6 was announced and unveiled at WWDC 2012 last summer, iOS 6 was officially released to the public in September 2012, alongside the iPhone 5.
5. It Could Do Wonders For Google’s FinancesGoogle surprisingly doesn’t make much money from the Android ecosystem. According to this Business Insider article, Google only makes around $500 million from Android phones and the operating system. By releasing a phone solely developed within Google, the firm can try to reign in some potential revenue that’s being sent to other companies like Samsung and HTC — who make Android devices and make a ton of money off of them.