4. Stream Video
The iTunes Store offers a great collection of movies and TV shows to purchase, and it usually has the latest releases. If you want to watch free movies or TV shows, Crackle offers free, but very limited, content with commercial interruptions. You can also try premium streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu+, and HBOGo. Check out our list of our Top 10 Best Movie and TV Streaming Apps.
If you have an Apple TV, you can stream any of your videos through a service called AirPlay. You just need to make sure that your iPhone and your Apple TV is connected to the same WiFi network. To stream video content to your Apple TV, follow these instructions.
Chromecast users shouldn’t feel left out. With the iOS Chromecast app, you can stream YouTube or Chrome content straight to your TV. Here is a quick guide how to connect your Chromecast to your iPhone.
5. Connect With Friends & Family With Video Calls
Every iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Macbook, and iMac has an app called FaceTime that allows you to make video calls with friends or loved ones. Simply open your FaceTime app and select the person you want to make a video call with. You can also access FaceTime if you’re in the middle of a phone call simply by tapping the FaceTime button in the Phone app (as long as the other person has an iPhone also).
6. Share Photos
The new Photos app on iOS 7 makes it so easy to share photos with family or friends that have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Macbook, or iMac. Follow these steps to share your photos:
1. Open your Photos app
2. Select “Shared” from your bottom menu bar
3. If you are in the “Activity” stream, tap on “Streams” on the upper bar
4. Tap the “+” on the upper bar of the “Shared Streams” screen
5. Enter a name for the new shared photo album you are about to create
6. Enter the people you want to share your new album with. You have easy access to your contact list if you don’t remember someone’s email address
7. Your new empty shared photo album should appear in your Shared Streams list. Tap on your newly created album
8. Tap the “+” icon to begin adding photos from your Camera Roll
9. Select all of the photos you want to share and tap “Done” when finished
10. You can optionally add a message to everyone you’ve shared to. Tap “Post” to share.
Those you’ve shared with will receive a notification that you’ve shared photos with them. They can view the photos from the Shared Streams list of their Photos app.
If you want to share photos with those that don’t have an Apple device, check out our list of the Top 10 Best Photo Sharing Apps.
Discuss on Facebook