Sometimes smaller actually is better. These mini tripods prove it. They’re perfect for travel, webcams, and uses that just demand a smaller (and lighter) stand. These models range in size and traits, but they all pack a surprising punch for the price.
The reasons to get a mini tripod include some of the same reasons people want tripods in general: stability, something to hold the camera, and smooth panning. In terms of stability, all of these tripods are great. However, for smooth panning only the most expensive tripod on our list (number one) will do. For photographic use with small to medium cameras with small to medium lenses, however, all of the tabletop tripods should more than suffice. That said, none of these mini tripods will work with large DSLRs with heavy lenses. Beyond that, happy shooting.
Here are our top five mini tripod choices in order of highest to lowest price.
1. Reticam Tabletop Tripod
For those looking for a mini tripod with a robust set of features, look no further than the Reticam Tabletop Tripod. Praised for its lightweight and the high quality of its head, this is a great tiny tripod. It’s not prone to shakes and has shockingly smooth pans for a tripod of its price and weight.
- Lightweight and portable, includes carrying case
- Strong, sturdy and durable
- Praised by users as convenient and surprisingly strong
- Not at all prone to shakes
- Surprisingly smooth panning
- Cannot hold very heavy cameras and lenses
- One user said could only stabilize camera
- One user had an issue with the top mount separating
2. Manfrotto Pixi Mini Tripod
Manfrotto is considered a great brand for a reason. This small trinod may lack adjustable height, but it makes up for it with its great quality and smooth ball head. It sets up almost instantly and makes for a great hand grip as well.
Price: $24.88 (11 percent off MSRP)
- Rapid push button lock system
- Works with DSLRs, small cameras, and smart phones
- Small and fits in pockets
- Sets up very fast
- Can be used as a grip
- Not able to hold heavy DSLR/lens combos
- One user found it to break too easily
- One user had an issue with the neck not being stiff enough
3. KobraTech Mini Tripod Stand
Kobratech’s flexible mini tripod isn’t just perfect for holding onto things. It will also allow you to “hold on” to your moments with its included Bluetooth remote. Usable on any surface and with metal joints, the only thing one needs to know about this tripod is that it has a 90 day 100% money-back guarantee. For those looking for a tripod that can carry low weights, this option offers a lot of flexibility.
Price: $19.95 (43 percent off MSRP)
- Flexible, gripping legs
- 90 day 100% money back guarantee
- Easy to grip
- Includes Bluetooth remote shutter button
- One user had an issue with the swivel ball joint
- One user found product fragile
- Some users found it couldn’t support their phone’s weight
4. Avawo Mini Tripod
The AVAWO Mini tripod legs bend for mounting anywhere. It has a standard mount and is praised as attractive. Another great feature: the company’s customer service is hailed as responsive. The tripod also has a release tab for rapid camera deployment.
- Legs are flexible and allow for different shooting options
- Praised as attractive, small, and sturdy
- Customer service is great
- Release tab allows for rapid dismount
- One user said ther tripod broke after two uses
- Not for large or medium cameras
- One user had durability issues
5. Amazon Basics Mini Tripod
Boasting rubber feet and adjustable legs, this Amazon Basics mini tripod offers a lot of value for the price. Its mini ball head rotates 360 degrees. That said, it does have a limitation. This tripod is just too weak to carry anything but small digital cameras, webcams, and smartphones (adapter required). It’s a great buy for the price.
- Mini-ball head allows 360-degree rotation
- Adjustable height and legs
- Praised as great for webcams
- Affordable price
- Works with standard tripod mount
- Not compatible with DSLRs
- Smart phone clamp is not included
- Some users wanted it to be taller
- Some users had issues with durability
Still looking for the right mini tripod? Browse more top-rated mini tripods on Amazon.
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook