Fed up with frizzy hair? The culprit could be your hair dryer. If your current hair dryer is several years old or simply doesn’t dry your hair like it used to, it’s probably time for a replacement. The market is saturated with hair dryers of all shapes and sizes. Even the top products on the market vary tremendously when it comes to price, features, and performance.
A hair dryer is an investment in your appearance. There’s a comfortable selection of reasonably priced high-performance hair dryers that not only reduce frizz, but also leave hair shiny and healthy. Aside from performance, these hair dryers earn praise for their features, design, and overall style.
We’ve rounded up our top picks, but if you don’t see the right product on this list, browse a wider selection of hair dryers on Amazon to find what’s best for you.
1. Revlon Quick Dry Lightweight Hair Dryer
Some hair dryers are a bit too harsh for daily use, but not this one. A standard 1875 watts generates enough power for speedy drying without breaking or damaging hair. This Revlon dryer is also lightweight and affordable. There are three heat settings, including a cool shot button to preserve your favorite hair styles. You can also switch between three available speed settings. The hairdryer comes with a smoothing concentrator and an airflow concentrator attachment.
This hair dryer is best for gentler drying and everyday use.
Price: $12.79 (15 percent off MSRP)
- Multiple heat and speed settings
- Gentle enough for daily use
- Includes airflow concentrator and smoothing attachments
- Can take a bit longer to dry hair than some pricier dryers
- Some find it bulky
- Doesn’t come with a diffuser
2. BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic 2800 Dryer
If you’re looking for a mid-range hair dryer with all the bells and whistles, this BaByliss Pro is a great choice. Highlights include a 2000 watt ionic technology for speedy and effective drying along with six heat/speed settings. There’s also a cool shot button to keep your style lasting as long as possible. Commercial grade porcelain ceramic material easily withstands high heat while providing exceptional air pressure. A removable filter makes cleaning up less of a hassle.
This hair dryer is best for eliminating static for smoother, shinier hair.
- Six heat/speed settings with cool shot button
- Removable filter
- Durable porcelain ceramic construction
- Heavy and cumbersome for some users
- Best for thick hair
- Concentrator attachment tends to pop off
3. Remington Ac2015 Ceramic Hair Dryer
A powerful 1875 watt motor provides up to 40 percent faster drying time and extended motor life. Ionic conditioning helps to minimize frizz. Where this hair dryer really stands out, however, is with its patent-pending ceramic pearl technology, which is designed to give you a smooth salon-caliber finish. There are three heat settings and two speeds to suit a variety of hair types. A bonus concentrator and diffuser are included with this dryer.
This hair dryer is best for those looking for a faster drying time.
Price: $19.97 (20 percent off MSRP)
- Ceramic pearl technology
- Three heat/two speed settings
- Includes concentrator and diffuser
- Small diffuser
- Lacks power on higher settings
- Leaves certain hair types frizzy
4. Andis Fold-N-Go Ionic Hair Dryer
This affordable hair dryer is geared towards reducing frizziness through ions. As an added bonus, it conditions hair at the same time, leaving it softer and more manageable. A combination of three heat and air speeds ensure proper styling and control, whether your hair is fine and thin or a bit thicker. There’s also a cool shot button to lock in style. You can easily store this dryer thanks to its retractable cord and folding handle. An in-depth video of the hair dryer is available here.
This hair dryer is best for anyone who needs an affordable compact hair dryer.
- Ions reduce frizz and condition hair
- Features three heat/air speeds
- Retractable cord and folding handle for convenient storage
- A bit heavy
- Short retractable cord
- Quite loud
5. Remington D3190A Damage Control Ceramic Hair Dryer
As its name suggests, this hair dryer is ideal for damage control. For example, it’s equipped with tourmaline technology to keep hair cuticles from overheating. Micro-conditioners are released into the airflow to keep hair shiny and help prevent potential damage. The 1875 watt motor provides consistent results and won’t blow fine or thin hair all over the place. A cool shot button protects your favorite hair styles throughout the day. Attachments include a narrow air concentrator for precisely styling straight, smooth hair, and an air diffuser to boost volume and protect curls. There are three heat and two speed settings.
This hair dryer is best for damage control.
- Ideal for damage control
- Airflow concentrator and diffuser attachments
- Multiple heat and speed settings
- A bit loud
- Placement of controls makes it easy to accidentally change settings
- Some wish it reached a higher temperature
6. Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Conditioning Hair Dryer
Here’s another popular hair dryer for the budget-conscious consumer. There’s plenty of power (1875 watts) and ionic conditioning control for less frizz and easier manageability. If you dislike loud dryers, you’ll appreciate this model’s quiet-tone motor. There are two heat/speed settings along with a cool shot button for long-lasting style. A concentrator provides pinpoint styling with the diffuser works well for curly or wavy styles.
This hair dryer is best for users who want a quieter motor.
- Two heat/speed settings and cool shot button
- Quiet-tone motor
- Comes with concentrator and diffuser
- Prolonged drying time
- Highest heat setting isn’t hot enough
- Awkward control buttons
7. Rusk Speed Freak Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer
The higher price tag might scare off budget-conscious shoppers, but this midrange dryer has a lot to offer — especially for those with thicker hair. Unlike some less expensive models, the Rusk has seven heat and speed settings. It’s also shock proof, which makes for safer all-around operation. Another bonus is the removable filter for easier cleaning and maintenance.
This hair dryer is best for thicker, coarser hair that can be tough to blow dry.
- Contains seven heat/speed settings
- Removable filter
- 2000 watts of power
- Can overheat and shut off on highest setting
- Awkwardly placed controls make it easy to accidentally change settings
8. xtava Rimini Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
This dryer offers a bit more in terms of features and performance compared to similarly priced competitors. For the price, you’ll find a powerful 1500 watt fan that helps to reduce drying time without sacrificing performance. Advanced ionic technology offers frizz reduction for hair while making it smoother and shinier. A customized concentration nozzle offers precise styling and condensed air flow. There are three heat levels and two power levels along with a cool shot button, giving you full control over your hair every time.
This hair dryer is best for budget-conscious consumers.
- Ionic technology reduces frizz for smoother, shinier hair
- Includes three heat and two power levels
- Optimal for right and left-handed users
- Not ideal for fine/thin hair
- Very short cord
- Concentration nozzle doesn’t stay put
9. Berta Folding Blow Dryer
If you’re in the market for a travel-sized dryer, this Berta model is your best bet. You’ll find similar performance and features as you would expect in a regular sized dryer, including two heat and speed settings for 125v and one heat/speed setting for 250v. Its dual voltage compatibility and folding handle makes this hair dryer a practical choice for travelers. There’s also a hanging loop for easy storage.
This hair dryer is best for domestic and international traveling.
Price: $19.99 (71 percent off MSRP)
- Lightweight construction
- Dual voltage
- Folding handle and compact design
- Voltage needs to be manually changed when traveling to Europe
- Some find the folding handle flimsy
- A few mention it’s not quite as quiet as advertised
10. T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer
The T3 is the highest priced hair dryer on our list. However, this top notch dryer has a lot to offer, such as exclusive technology that won’t damage the hair as much as traditional drying along with ion-enriched air for faster hair drying. A specifically engineered fan produces a high volume of air without the chaotic windflow that often damages cuticles and leads to split ends. Negative ions within the airflow work rapidly to eliminate static and seal the cuticle, which in turn allows the hair to retain its natural moisture.
This hair dryer is best for consumers who don’t mind spending more to get a high-quality dryer that delivers results while minimizing damage to the hair.
Price: $199.00 (20 percent off MSRP)
- Ion-enriched air dries hair quickly
- Maximizes airflow concentration
- Includes Tourmaline ceramic brush
- Too harsh for thin hair
- Quite heavy
- Attachment prone to excessive movement
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook