The weather is frigid and brutal, but that’s winter for you. Maybe you’re like me, and when the winter months come, you hole up inside with sweatshirts, blankets and hot beverages for weeks on end. And, also maybe like me, that’s not enough for you to get warm. That’s okay, because affordable infrared heaters are available for purchase. These guys warm not only the air in the room but objects as well to blanket the whole area in warmth. Unlike other types of heaters, which churn out hot blasts of air that can be quite drying, an infrared heated gently warms up its surroundings by spreading rays to nearby objects to help increase the room temperature.
If this list doesn’t have what you need, shop a wider selection of infrared heaters on Amazon to find the right one for your home.
1. Heat Storm Smithfield Classic Indoor Portable Infrared Space Heater
This portable infrared space heater features 1500 watts of power and a 5200 BTU heat output, making it a practical choice for smaller to medium size rooms. With supplemental heating, it can warm up spaces up to 1,000 square feet. The heater features a stylish rich oak color that blends well with most spaces. A built-in thermostat with an LED display shows you the current ambient temperature.
- Attractive oak color
- 1500 watts
- Built-in thermostat with LED display
- Some find it a bit loud
- Casters need to be assembled separately
- Not the best in larger spaces
Find more Heat Storm Smithfield Classic Indoor Portable Infrared Space Heater information and reviews here.
2. Homegear Infrared Electric Quartz Tower Heater
The Homegear Infrared Electric Quartz Tower Heater has an eco-friendly setting that only generates 750 watts of power if you don’t need the full 1500 watts of power for maximum heat. Another handy feature is built-in reflective IR heaters, which yield directional heat to avoid heating up unnecessary areas. This unit is also lightweight and easily portable. Overheat and tip-over protections add an extra element of safety.
- Includes an eco-friendly setting
- Reflective IR heaters direct heat where necessary
- Overheat and tip-over protection
- Doesn’t come with wheels for transporting
- Not the most efficient in larger spaces
- Bland design
3. Lifesmart Lifelux Series Infrared Heater
The Lifesmart Lifelux Series Infrared Heater is an eight-element heater designed to warm up larger spaces. An included remote control gives you convenient access to controls without needing to get up. There are three heating settings to choose from, including an eco setting. Other features include a 12-hour start and stop timer, along with a digital thermostat. A scroll fan circulates heat without too much added noise. You can use the heater as a supplemental source for rooms up to 1800 square feet.
- Has three heat settings
- Digital thermostat
- Can be used in rooms up to 1800 square feet
- Short power cord
- LED lights can be a bit too bright for some
- Some mention the laminate finish looks and feels cheap
4. Dr Infrared Heater
The Dr Infrared Heater is great for those who want to heat small rooms with a small electric heater that’s not only efficient but easy on the eyes. The heater’s temperature ranges from 50 to 85 degrees, and its advanced dual heating systems increase the heat transfer rate and quickly warm up to 1,000 square feet. With no external heat sources, this device is perfect around children and pets, and overheat and tip over protection give it essential safety features.
This heater might not ship right away. If you’re looking for something sooner, check out more Dr Infrared heaters on Amazon.
- Uses infrared to warm up to 1,000 square feet, fast
- Overheat and tip over protection
- Pleasing wood finish
- Somewhat complicated controls
- Preferred settings not saved
- Thermostat too close to heat source
5. EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater
The EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater is a safe choice for effectively heating up 1,000 square feet at a time. An electric thermostat monitors and regulates the temperature to help prevent fluctuations and dips. The heater comes with a quiet mode and even lets you turn the heat off to keep the fan running during warmer weather. An included remote control gives easy access to the controls.
- Heats up to 1,000 square feet
- Has an electric thermostat
- Includes a quiet mode
- Doesn’t have wheels
- Some mention an initial burn-in smell
- Not the most energy efficient heater
Discuss on Facebook