A screen protector is a must have accessory for any iPhone 6 owner. While the iPhone 6 does have a durable screen, it’s still possible to scratch the screen. A thin plastic or glass screen protector won’t interfere with screen sensitivity, and it will give you great peace of mind. After all, if you want to get the maximum trade-in value for your phone, you’ll need to keep that screen totally pristine.
In the past, it seemed like the majority of iPhone cases we saw coming out shipped with at least a basic screen protector. However, many iPhone 6 cases today do not ship with a screen protector. This can be really annoying, but it can also be a blessing in disguise. Rather than content yourself with a stock screen protector that came with your case, you can invest in a more premium option. Today’s screen protectors come in a variety of options, from simple stick-on affairs to more premium tempered glass options. If you want to keep your screen pristine, check out one of these top-rated iPhone 6 screen protectors.
1. OtterBox Screen Protectors for iPhone 6
We briefly covered the OtterBox line of screen protectors in our explanation of the difference between OtterBox and LifeProof iPhone 6 cases.In addition to their line of cases, Otterbox also offers Alpha Glass screen protectors (pictured above), and Clearly Protected screen protectors.
The latter group of screen protectors come in two treatment options: Vibrant (which is designed to make the screen clear and colorful) and Privacy (which is designed to make it harder for people to see what you’re doing on your phone). In contrast, Alpha Glass is made to be a bit more durable. Alpha Glass, not surprisingly, is made from glass, while the Clearly Protected line from OtterBox is made from polyurethane. The Clearly Protected line of screen protectors is designed to disperse bubbles within 24 hours. If you already own an OtterBox case for the iPhone 6 (such as the Defender or Commuter case), then one of these screen protectors is the natural choice.
- Trusted brand
- Designed to work with or without a case
- Multiple price points
- Multiple privacy/durability options
- Straightforward installation
- Some users report a small gap where dust can collect around the edges
- More expensive than some other options
- Some find it hard to get the screen protector lined up correctly on the first go
- Scratch-resistant, but not fully scratchproof
2. Patchwork ITG MAX Impossible Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6
Specifically highlighted by the Verge, the iPhone 6 screen protectors made by Patchwork are some of the best around. Made from Japan’s top grade raw glass, and then finished in Korea, this screen protector has a 9H+ hardness rating. The screen protector has an oleophobic coating, which is designed to minimize the appearance of unsightly fingerprints and smudges. If you want to spend a little extra money, this is a brand worth seeking out.
- Oleophobic coating
- Durable design
- Designed to be shatterproof and bubble-free
- Does not appear to be in available in multipacks
- Can be hard to find privacy option in iPhone 6 size
- Some users have reported cracks
Find more Patchwork ITG MAX Impossible Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 reviews and product information here.
3. ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass for Apple iPhone 6
Dubbed “The Ultimate Glass iPhone Screen Protector” by Forbes contributor Ewan Spence, ZAGG’s InvisibleShield Glass screen protectors for the iPhone 6 are kind of the gold standard. It has an oleophobic coating, and clocks in at 0.4mm thin. There are a couple of different variants on this product, including a “privacy glass” version that’s ideal for the privacy-obsessed.
Price: $12.20 and up, depending on style selected
- Multiple variants
- Easy to install
- Fingerprint resistant
- Comes packaged with a cleaning cloth
- Privacy glass option much more expensive than others
- “Lifetime” guarantee is a bit misleading, since it’s good for free screen protector replacements for the life of your device, which probably won’t be the same as your lifetime
4. Spigen GLAS.t SLIM iPhone 6 Screen Protector
We like Spigen’s iPhone 6 cases a lot (particularly the Neo Hybrid case), so it’s not surprising that their screen protectors are also quite nice. But we aren’t the only ones who like what Spigen is doing with their screen protectors. Fast Company‘s John Brownlee has high praise for Spigen’s work:
“They are totally foolproof to apply: you just peel off the back, place the protector on top of your iPhone’s display, and press the middle of the screen protector to bond it to the screen. At 0.2mm, these screen protectors are incredibly thin, and because they are made of tempered glass, using an iPhone with a Glas.t screen protector is as invisible to the touch as it is to the eye.”
Price: $16.99 (59 percent off)
- Slim design
- 9H hardness rating
- Oleophobic coating
- Does not go across entire screen (a measure to prevent lifting at edges)
- Requires a gentle touch to apply or remove
- May not re-adhere cleanly once removed
- Does not appear to ship in multipacks
5. AmazonBasics Ultra-Clear High Definition Screen Protectors for iPhone 6 (3-Pack)
Amazon’s AmazonBasics line provides quality tech accessories at low prices. You might have seen their Lightning cables or portable Bluetooth speakers in the past. If you’re looking for an inexpensive, simple-to-install option, these iPhone 6 screen protectors are a solid bet. They might not be as nice as tempered glass, but they are good for people who are on a budget.
Price: $4.99 (17 percent off)
- Comes in a multipack
- Made from high-quality Japanese PET film
- Designed to leave no residue behind when removed
- Less durable than some other screen protectors on this list
- Does not cover curved part of the screen
- Tabbed installation system can be a little frustrating
Find more AmazonBasics Ultra-Clear High Definition Screen Protectors for iPhone 6 (3-Pack) reviews and product information here.
6. Moshi iVisor Glass iPhone 6 Screen Protector
Moshi makes a screen protector called the iVisor Glass. It’s 40 percent thinner than other glass screen protectors, and has a coating to reduce the visibility of fingerprints. The team at Moshi was nice enough to send us a sample of iVisor Glass so we could go hands-on with this “atomically-strengthened glass” protector.
“Atomically-strengthened” glass is stronger than tempered glass, which is strengthened by a heating process. iVisor Glass is strengthened chemically. iVisor Glass is marketed as the only edge-to-edge glass screen protection solution on the market for iPhone 6/6 Plus.
The best thing about this screen protector is how quickly and cleanly it installs. To install iVisor Glass, you just wipe the screen with the included microfiber “dot,” and position the screen protector using the included suction cup.
The only downside here is that some older versions of iVisor Glass have sensitivity issues. I actually tried one of the old versions of this product, and it definitely had some issues. The installation process was still fast and clean, but the whole upper left corner of my screen was dead. Once I got a replacement from the new stock, I was much happier. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to tell whether the iVisor Glass you’ve bought is from the old stock or the new stock. However, iVisor Glass comes with a one-time, free, no questions asked replacement plan. If you notice sensitivity issues with your iVisor Glass, write to email@example.com and they will send you a replacement. Even though that might be a bit of a hassle, it’s arguably worth it to get a shock-proof, scratch-proof screen protector for your device.
- Great customer service
- Full screen coverage
- Easy to install, comes with lots of helpful extras
- Somewhat expensive
- Hard to tell if you’re getting new or old stock
- Still picks up some smudges over time
7. LifeProof Fre iPhone 6 Case
We thought we’d break up this long list of iPhone 6 screen protectors with something a little different. LifeProof makes cases, but the Fre case from LifeProof does have a built-in screen protector, which may be preferable to stick-on screen protectors for some folks.
There are two styles of waterproof cases available from LifeProof. The LifeProof Fre has a built-in screen protector, while the LifeProof Nuud remains waterproof, but doesn’t have a built-in screen protector at all.
The latest versions of the Fre case to come off the production line have some slight design tweaks that were missing from the initial version of the case. Most notably, the charging port can now accept wider, third party Lightning cables. This is a nice perk for those who use a lot of third party peripherals. That being said, there is one issue some users have experienced with the Fre case for the iPhone 6 which may give you pause. The Fre case in our household recently lost its waterproof integrity when the clear rear window became unstuck from the rest of the case. This caused a slow leak, and trapped a small amount of water against the back of the phone. Make sure to regularly test the water-tightness of any waterproof iPhone 6 case you use, to ensure that your waterproof case is holding up to wear and tear.
- Trusted brand
- Works with TouchID
- Can be used underwater for around an hour
- Slightly changes appearance of display
- Some users have experienced loss of waterproofing
8. Trident Athena Series Privacy Glass Screen Protector
Need a privacy-focused screen protector? This one is built tough. Trident sent us a sample of this screen protector so we could see first-hand just how quickly it installs, and how well the privacy film blocked prying eyes. This screen protector is available for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, as well as many other smartphones and tablets. This screen protector is a scant 0.2mm thick, and is designed to repel oil, scratches, and smudges.
Our sample screen protector from the Athena Series installed quite quickly, and without a single bubble. While it did come with both a microfiber cloth and a cleaning wipe, it would have been nice if this screen protector also came with a suction cup, a la Moshi. That added accessory would have made it a bit easier to remove and reposition the screen protector. Overall, however, this iPhone 6 screen protector was quick to install, and it provides a nice measure of privacy for anyone who doesn’t want someone reading over their shoulder. It’s worth noting that this screen protector had no issues with screen sensitivity, unlike some other iPhone 6 screen protectors we’ve tested.
Price: $29.95-$34.95, depending on option selected
- Tough, can withstand being scratched by keys
- Installs bubble-free
- Protects your privacy
- May be outside of the budgets of some people
- A little hard to reposition
9. JETech Full Screen Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6
Want tempered glass at a fraction of the price? This might be the screen protector for you. For less than $10, you get a strong protector that also includes a cutout for the front camera. This screen protector is rated at 9H, the same as the Trident screen protector we featured earlier in this post. This screen protector from JETech also comes with a microfiber cloth to ensure a clean, perfect install.
Price: $9.99 (60 percent off MSRP)
- “One finger” installation
- Cutout for the front camera
- May not fit perfectly with some cases
- Doesn’t come with accessories to line up the protector prior to install
Find more JETech Full Screen Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 information and reviews here.
10. amFilm Premium Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector For iPhone 6
Another great option for the budget-conscious, this screen protector from amFilm is made from superior quality 3-layer film. It comes with a nice selection of extras, including that all-important squeegee card. Despite the low price, you can rest assured that this screen protector will not leave any residue behind when it is removed.
Price: $5.95 (73 percent off MSRP)
- Has more extras than some other iPhone 6 screen protectors on our list
- Could be more rugged
- Some users have reported that it shows fingerprints easily