In a world where we spend hours tapping our touchscreen smartphones and working on touchscreen tablets, it makes sense to own a laptop that also has a touchscreen. A laptop with a touchscreen can provide a more natural way to access your files and interact with friends. These days, there are a lot of touchscreen laptops to choose from. Whether you are looking for a dirt cheap laptop, or just hoping to save some cash on a high-end model, we’ve got a deal that’s perfect for you. Here are five of the best deals on touchscreen laptops in 2015.
1. Dell Inspiron 11.6-Inch 2-in-1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop
This Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 is great for people who can’t decide whether their next computing device should be a laptop or a tablet. This versatile device can be operated in laptop, stand, tent, or tablet mode, so it easily works in whatever orientation you need for the task at hand. It runs on an Intel Pentium N3530 processor, and boasts up to 7.5 hours of battery life. The hard drive is a zippy 500 GB 7200 RPM job, and the whole laptop runs Windows 8.1. With a savings of over $100 off the list price, this is a touchscreen deal is definitely worth taking advantage of while it lasts.
Price: $339.99 (24 percent off)
- Versatile, convertible design
- Trusted brand
- Dual noise-cancelling microphones filter out background noise
- Tested to withstand short periods in blistering 149°F heat
- Somewhat small screen
- No optical drive
- Somewhat heavy for such a small screen (weighs a little over three pounds)
- Has hard drive, not a solid state drive
- Some users may have more demanding RAM requirements
Find more Dell Inspiron 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop (i3147-3750sLV) reviews and product information here.
2. Acer Aspire Switch 10 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop
Looking to spend as little money as possible on a new laptop? They don’t come much cheaper than this touchscreen laptop from Acer. While it has relatively little on-board storage, that’s not much of an issue for people who store the bulk of their files in the cloud. While the screen is a bit small for a laptop, it’s a great size in tablet mode.
Price: $244.98 (26 percent off)
- Eight-hour battery life
- Also available in a 64GB version
- Comes with Microsoft Office 365 Personal subscription (one year)
- Intel HD graphics
- Somewhat underpowered processor
- Small screen
- Some users find laptop runs better once you delete some of the bloatware
- Not the ideal tablet/laptop for gamers
- Some find the build quality feels cheap or flimsy
Find more Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012-16AA Detachable 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop reviews and product information here.
3. Asus Zenbook Prime Touch UX31A-BHI5T11 Touchscreen Laptop
When you’re looking for a deal, sometimes its not about the discount: it’s about the value. While this Asus Zenbook isn’t deeply discounted, it’s one of the best touchscreen laptops you can buy. We’re not the only ones who like it. PC Mag gave this laptop an “excellent” rating, and also gave it a coveted “Editor’s Choice” seal of approval. If you want to invest in a laptop that will last for longer than a cheap hybrid laptop, this is a model you can feel confident about buying. This is a good choice for people who want a larger screen on their touchscreen laptop.
Price: $1,225.50 (6 percent off)
- Solid battery life for a screen this size
- Thin and lightweight
- Intel Core i5 3317U (1.70GHz) processor
- PC Mag calls the speakers “crisp,” if a bit on the soft side
- Onboard storage may not be sufficient for some
- Somewhat limited port selection
- Some users have reported light bleed or dead pixels
- Many dislike bloatware that comes with laptop
Find more Asus Zenbook Prime Touch UX31A-BHI5T11 Touchscreen Laptop reviews and product information here.
4. Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga Signature Edition
Lenovo’s ThinkPad line are great laptops for business, personal, or student use. The ThinkPad Yoga Signature Edition is a solid laptop that will appeal to anyone who wants a rugged touchscreen laptop. The CPU is an Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6 GHz, with 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD. There’s a 4-in-1 media card reader, as well as a webcam. This laptop has it all, but all those great features do command a premium price tag, even with a deep discount.
Price: $774.79 (35 percent off)
- Long-lasting battery life
- Versatile design
- Durable frame and screen design
- Solid state, not a hard drive
- 10-finger multi-touch support
- Somewhat expensive
- Quite heavy compared to other options on our list
- Memory should be ample for most, though a few may want a machine with 16GB of RAM
- Webcam could have slightly better specs
- Limited color options
Find more Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga Signature Edition touchscreen laptop reviews and product information here.
5. ASUS Flip 15.6-Inch 2-in-1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop
This versatile touchscreen laptop runs on an Intel Core i3-4030U 1.9GHz processor. There’s ample hard drive space, and decent RAM (4GB). The big selling point here is the screen. If you need a huge screen that’s also touchscreen compatible, this is the laptop for you. That being said, there are a couple of gripes. While most people don’t want the added bulk of an optical drive, those who still rely on CD or DVD media will miss the optical drive that is omitted from this model. Additionally, some people find the placement of the power button to be inconvenient.
Price: $399 (33 percent off)
- Big hard drive
- Big screen
- Reasonably priced
- Minimal bloatware
- Somewhat heavy
- Limited ports
- Bigger screen means drop in battery life as compared to smaller models
- Some users dislike camera
- Card reader is 2-in-1, not 4-in-1