A kickstand lets you prop up your iPhone so you can watch movies or chat with friends. Many iPhone 6 cases on the market today come with some kind of kickstand built right in. There are lots of ways you can add kickstand functionality to an iPhone case, and our list contains a variety of different kickstand case styles. While some of the iPhone 6 cases included on our list are fairly plain, others stand out thanks to extra functionality like a wallet section, or a built-in battery. Our list of kickstand cases for the iPhone 6 includes an array of designs, which will appeal to both men and women. Read on to see five very different iPhone 6 kickstand cases, all of which are excellent in their own way.
1. Ghostek Stash iPhone 6 Wallet Case With iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector
Combining the kickstand portion of this case with the wallet section of the case is a smart design choice. If you’re looking for a wallet case for your iPhone 6, this offering from Ghostek gives you some nice added functionality. The wallet portion is slightly open, which lets you access cards more quickly than wallet cases with a closed compartment. The wallet area on this case can also be moved to form a kickstand. A magnet on the case keeps the wallet portion securely in place when you’re not in kickstand mode. This case has room for two cards. While that’s enough for some people, those with lots of cards may prefer a case with additional card storage.
When you factor in the value of the included tempered glass screen protector, and the lifetime warranty, this kickstand case is smart choice for people who frequently need to use their device in kickstand mode.
Buy the Ghostek Stash Black iPhone 6 Wallet Case With iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector here.
- Comes with a screen protector
- Solid warranty
- Stores credit card and ID, or ID and some cash
- Some might prefer a wallet case that’s completely enclosed (like the Otterbox Commuter Wallet)
- 9to5Mac reports that some magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone 6 features
- Limited color options
- Made from faux leather, not real leather
Find more Ghostek Stash Black iPhone 6 Wallet Case With iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector information and reviews here.
2. GMYLE ‘Book Case’ iPhone 6 Case
A different style of wallet case, the “Book Case” from GMYLE has a different form factor than the Ghostek wallet case featured earlier in this article. It’s also a bit cheaper, which is nice for people who are shopping on a budget. Bending points are built into the rear of the case, allowing you to fold the case itself into a media stand for watching movies.
It’s worth noting that this cool case from GMYLE is considered by some to be the “down market” version of this premium iPhone 6 book case from Twelve South. Another company called CHAPTER XVI also makes a similar case, and both that case and the Twelve South case are much more expensive than the GMYLE case. The GMYLE book-style case has four interior slots for holding your credit card, ID, or business cards. If you’re seeking an iPhone case with both a kickstand and a wallet, this attractive option won’t break the bank.
- Ample card storage
- Cool book-inspired design
- Turns into a kickstand to make it easier to watch videos
- Gives you a little added privacy
- Cheaper than cases of a similar style
- Made from faux leather, not genuine leather
- Somewhat bulky
- Should be used with a screen protector to protect against contact damage from cards (see some recommendations in our post about the best iPhone 6 screen protectors)
- Not waterproof or splash-proof
- Some users have reported wear or cracks in case over time
3. ZuZo iPhone 6 Battery Case
Battery cases are often some of the most expensive iPhone cases you can buy. Over the past few months, this useful case has come down significantly in price. That low price makes it quite appealing to people who can’t afford to blow $70 or more on a battery case.
While this iPhone 6 battery case has a smaller capacity than some of its competitors (a mere 2,500mAh), this case does have the added bonus of a built-in kickstand, which many other battery cases lack. A small “leg” folds out of the back of the case to prop up your phone. This case is relatively slender, and comes in two colors.
- Solid design
- Easy to grip
- One-year warranty
- Built-in kickstand
- Limited color options
- Fairly wimpy battery compared to other cases
- Some may prefer a more “beefy” kickstand
- One year warranty
- Does not come with a screen protector
4. E-Age Cute Bow iPhone 6 Case With Kickstand
Looking for a case with a bit more personality? This super cute case is ideal for the gal who likes feminine, flirty details in her iPhone accessories. The rear of the case contains two sides of a bow knot. Each side folds out, creating a handy kickstand that you can use for video chatting or watching videos on YouTube. Precise cutouts ensure that the ports, controls, and camera won’t be interfered with when you use this adorable iPhone case. This case is also available for the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Unlikely to look like anything your friends are using
- Tons of color options
- Kickstand may not be sturdy enough for some
- Design may be a turn-off for some people
- Not particularly rugged
5. Guardiant Eagle Series iPhone 6 Case With Built-In Kickstand
This kickstand case has dual kickstands, giving it superior stability and balance over cases with one “leg” as the kickstand. This case is great for people who tend to be a little rough on their phones, as it includes both reinforced corners and an easy-to-grip design. Precise port cutouts allow you to charge your iPhone 6 without removing the case, though some people who own particularly chunky third-party cables may find those cables won’t fit in the port openings on the case.
- Dual kickstands
- Rugged look
- Easy to grip
- Reinforced corners
- Limited color options (all options are mostly black with accent colors)
- Some people may not like the button covers
- Does not ship with a screen protector
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.