Selfie sticks are also known as monopods. They are used to help take better photographs. By holding your camera or smartphone at a distance from your body, a selfie stick helps you take shots that have highly visible backgrounds. Selfie sticks are great for taking group selfies or taking snapshots of scenic vistas. Some selfie sticks are simple poles that you use in conjunction with the camera timer on your device. Other selfie sticks models have integrated Bluetooth, allowing you to fire the camera remotely. There are many types of Bluetooth-enabled selfie sticks on the market. Here are five Bluetooth selfie sticks that will work with Android smartphones or iPhones.
Looking for more info about the best selfie sticks on the market? Check out our guides to the best GoPro selfie sticks, the best camera monopods, the top-rated iPhone selfie sticks, and our top ten list of the best selfie sticks available in 2015.
1. Best Compact Bluetooth Selfie Stick: Kiwii Extendable Wireless Bluetooth Selfie Stick
For some people, a lightweight and compact design is the most important feature a selfie stick can have. This compact selfie stick from Kiwii is petite at less than eight inches, but it extends to 41 inches. There’s a built-in shutter button, rather than a separate Bluetooth remote. The phone holder can position and lock into different angles, making it ideal for shooting at just the right angle.
This is a nice alternative to some of the other selfie sticks on the market, as it is both compact and free of all those extraneous attachments and miscellaneous bits that some selfie sticks have. If you need a simple, streamlined stick, this is a good choice. As of this writing, this Bluetooth selfie stick model holds a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on Amazon.
Price: $14.99 (70 percent off MSRP)
- Built-in shutter button
- Adjustable phone holder clamp
- Not waterproof
- Other selfie sticks on the market are longer
- Does need to be recharged periodically
2. Best Extra-Long Bluetooth Selfie Stick: Accmor 50-Inch Bluetooth Selfie Stick
Want a super-long selfie stick that will make it easy to capture large crowds or expansive vistas? This 50-inch Bluetooth selfie stick is great, particularly for people with short arms who really need that extra length. The head is adjustable, rotating 180 degrees. A built-in wrist strap makes this easy to hold on to, even on bumpy roads or uneven terrain.
Price: $32.99 (59 percent off MSRP)
- Extra-long design
- Wrist strap
- Works with smartphones, digital cameras & POV cameras (including GoPro & Sony Action Cam)
- Easy to grip and lock
- Somewhat bulky
- The remote does not work with digital cameras
3. Best Bluetooth Selfie Stick With Optional Remote: CamKix Extendable Selfie Stick with Bluetooth Remote
If you’re looking for a Bluetooth-capable selfie stick that has the remote as a separate unit, this model from CamKix is worth checking out. This selfie stick is moderately priced, yet rich in features. It comes with a Bluetooth remote, though you can also buy this stick without the remote if you have a limited budget. While it lacks some of the bells and whistles of the more premium selfie sticks on our list, this is an excellent Bluetooth selfie stick for a first time monopod buyer.
Price: $17.99 with remote (64 percent off)
- Multiple color options
- Available with or without remote
- Extends up to 40 inches
- Works with iOS or Android
- Lacks waterproofing
- Smallest size when compact is 11 inches
- Bluetooth remote may not work with all mobile devices
- Lacks waterproofing or internal battery/charging capability
Find more CamKix Extendable Selfie Stick with Bluetooth Remote reviews and product information here.
4. Best Cheap Bluetooth Selfie Stick: URPOWER Pro 2-In-1 Extendable Selfie Stick With Bluetooth Remote Shutter
Available in your choice of black and pink, the URPOWER Pro selfie stick is another nice option to consider, especially for those on a tight budget. It works with both Android and iOS devices. This selfie stick extends from 9.25 inches to 40 inches.
This selfie stick uses Bluetooth technology to control the shutter, so the stick will need to be charged periodically. In the box, you’ll get the stick, a charging cable, and two phone holders. These two phone holders ensure that you get the best possible fit for your particular phone model, and also give you a little extra wiggle room in the event that you use a very bulky protective case. This selfie stick is a good option for those who are looking for a “starter stick” to play around with, before they decide to invest in a more robust and feature-rich option.
Price: $14.99 (63 percent off MSRP)
- Fits phones with or without a protective case
- Lifetime warranty
- No remote to keep track of
- Also works with Android devices
- Does need to be recharged periodically
- Small battery
- Stick takes an hour to fully recharge
- Some Android devices require a little “jiggery-pokery” to work with the stick
Find more URPOWER Pro 2-In-1 Extendable Selfie Stick With Bluetooth Remote Shutter information and reviews here.
5. Best Waterproof Bluetooth Selfie Stick: Waloo Universal Selfie Stick With Water Proof Smartphone Pouch & Detachable Bluetooth Remote Shutter
If you’re looking for a way to take photos underwater, this selfie stick enables you to go under the sea, even if you don’t have a waterproof smartphone. This Bluetooth selfie stick comes with a convenient waterproof smartphone pouch, protecting your device as you shoot underwater photographs. While the bag/pouch setup may seem a bit cumbersome, this is a surprisingly low-cost option for those who want to experiment with underwater selfies.
Price: $24.99 (38 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Waloo Universal Selfie Stick With Water Proof Smartphone Pouch & Detachable Bluetooth Remote Shutter here.
- Relatively inexpensive
- Works underwater
- Supports burst shooting
- Only supported by a one-year limited warranty, not a lifetime warranty
- Could be beefier and more rugged
- Waterproof bag can be cumbersome