The grilling season is finally here. If you’re a fan of charcoal grills, you’ll find plenty of products to choose from. This list includes some of the hottest grills of the season. Whether you’re looking for a smaller grill that can be easily transported from one party to the next or you want a large and powerful grill, you will find a number of options. Here are some standout outdoor grills for any budget and personality.
1. Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
If you’re tired of cooking on cramped spaces, you’ll appreciate the generous cooking space this grill offers. It features 306 square inches and a 165 square inch warming rack. An insulated design promotes heat and even cooking by using less charcoal and airflow — especially good news if you prefer juicy meat. A durable cast iron cooking surface and a high-grade 22 gauge steel body ensures consistent use over time without worrying about the material breaking down or falling apart.
- Large grilling space
- Insulated design for heat retention
- Durable steel interior and exterior
- Bottom vent requires cleaning after each use
- Cooking grates prone to rust
Find more Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker information and reviews here.
2. Weber 741001 Silver One-Touch 22-Inch Kettle Grill
If you’re looking for a basic grill that can handle a wide range of cooking tasks, this one is a great bet. It’s outfitted with a 22-inch diameter plated-steel cooking grate, which is plenty of room to hold a whole turkey, chicken, or an assortment of pieces of meat and vegetables. The grill features a sturdy porcelain-enameled bowl and lid along with glass-reinforced nylon handles. An aluminum ash catcher keeps the surrounding area neat and tidy.
Price: $99.00 (1 percent off MSRP)
- Aluminum ash catcher
- Rust-resistant vents
- 22-inch steel cooking grate
- Legs feel a bit cheap
- Some customers note the spot welds tend to break over time
- Plastic handles get hot
3. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
Tired of waiting for what seems like an eternity to get the grill fired up? This one ensures a fast and simple startup thanks to an easy push button electronic pulse ignition system. Heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates offer superb heat retention, which sears foods and keeps their natural juices lockin in. Another highlight is steel heat tents, which protect the burners and add flavor to your food.
Price: $231.20 (28 percent off MSRP)
- Steel heat tents
- Multiple control valve options
- Easy push button ignition system
- Slower to reach cooking temperature in windy conditions
- Grill spacing is a bit wide for smaller pieces of food
- Lacks a cover
Find more Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill information and reviews here.
4. Char-Broil 36,000 BTU 3-Burner Gas Grill, 522 Square Inch with Side Burner
This three burner grill includes a 36,000 BTU gas grill and a 12,000 BTU lidded side burner. It’s fast and easy to assemble and will have you grilling your favorite foods in minutes. Large metal side shelves provide plenty of preparation and work space if you need it. With a total of 380 square inches of primary cooking area and 170 inches of secondary cooking area, you’ll have plenty of room to grill for a family or multiple people at once.
Price: $144.99 (37 percent off MSRP)
- Large cooking space
- Includes a lidded side burner
- Generously-sized metal preparation shelves
- Casing feels flimsy
- Wheels can bow if the grill is fully loaded
- Some users wish it had more temperature control
Find more Char-Broil 36,000 BTU 3-Burner Gas Grill, 522 Square Inch with Side Burner information and reviews here.
5. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe Silver Charcoal Grill
It may not be as big or powerful as a larger grill, but if you’re in the market for a compact grill that can easily travel to the shore, a party, or any other setting, this one is an optimal choice. It’s equipped with a rust-resistant lid and a durable porcelain-enameled bowl that ensures even heat distribution. A 14 1/2-inch diameter grate can fit three steaks or up to six burgers at a time.
Price: $29.99 (25 percent off MSRP)
- Rust-resistant lid
- Compact size
- Easily portable
- Doesn’t have a lid lock
- Lacks a one-touch cleaning system
- Ash buildup can clog holes