Labor Day marks the end of the Summer and beginning of Fall. Say goodbye to those summer nights with one more fun three-day weekend. Whether you’re traveling somewhere for a short vacation or enjoying your time near home with friends, these five apps will make everything go smoothly.
1. Key Ring
One of the biggest fears while traveling is losing your credit or debit card. If you’re away from home finding access to money after you’ve lost it can be a very scary thing. With Key Ring, you’ll have all of your cards in one place and on your phone. Simply take photos of all the cards in your wallet and the app will keep track of them, and make a barcode so you can scan it right from your phone. If that wasn’t enough, you can follow your favorite stores and get access to coupon books. It is a safe and easy way to create a digital wallet.
- Take a photo of your cards
- Get access to retail coupons
- Scan the card right from your phone
- Has ads
- Sometimes doesn’t read the number correctly
- Have to have the right light to take a photo of a card
More people than ever are traveling this Labor Day weekend and if that includes you, you might want some help planning your trip. If you love to plan every detail or would rather go with the flow, Roadtrippers can help you create an unforgettable weekend. Enter in where you’re headed and the app will show you highly rated lodging and restaurants along the way. Click on one to see more information, add it to your trip and even look at menus and prices.
- Create a roadtrip to any destination you want
- Find lodging and restaurants along the way
- Use location services to find exactly where you are
- Can be hard to navigate
- Location services don’t always work
- Some businesses don’t have hours of operation
3. INRIX XD Traffic Maps
Every good road trip comes with some amount of traffic, especially during such a busy weekend. Be ahead of the traffic patterns with this app. Inrix users update traffic patterns and problems as they drive so you know everything is in real time. Make a profile and add a notification when you see construction or an accident. You can look at the map in real time or mark when you’ll be leaving to see the predicted traffic patterns. It is incredibly accurate so you can plan your day.
- Get up-to-date traffic information
- Report accidents and constructions
- Note when you’ll be leaving
- Can take awhile to figure out where you are
- Can be hard to navigate app
- Sometimes get stuck in a certain place
Road trips aren’t always for everyone, and that’s where Skyscanner comes in. Just because you don’t like to be stuck in a car for hours doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a fast weekend vacation. Compare cheap flights leaving immediately near you and find a way to get away. Just find your nearest airport and set your destination as everywhere. The app will bring up all the places you can get and for what prices. It’s a fun way to plan an impromptu trip.
- Find flights to anywhere
- Look at your closest airports or any airport in the country
- Compare prices on different days
- Can be hard to navigate
- Difficult to purchase tickets
- Sometimes can’t get results for certain airports
Labor Day isn’t just about traveling and getting stuck in traffic, it is also a way to ay goodbye to summer. What better way to do that than looking at the stars while it is still warm enough to do so? SkyView will tell you exactly what you’re looking at when you’re looking up. See which constellations are right above you at the time. Take photos of your favorite stars and even switch to night vision so you can use the app easier outside. Set notifications for when certain planets will be passing by your location so you never miss a thing.
- Get information about constellations
- Use night vision in the dark
- Set up notifications for certain cosmic events
- Hard to navigate
- Doesn’t always find the stars in your location
- Can take awhile to find the constellations
Discuss on Facebook