Trivia is a great way to keep your brain sharp and learn about the world. Sure, you can go to a bar once a week and compete with your friend, but if you take time off during the week, you might not be at competition level come game day. Download these five free games and test your knowledge anytime, and anywhere. You won’t need to gather anyone to play with, or find questions on the internet to practice.
1. You Don’t Know Jack
If you want to really stretch your brain with this unusual trivia game. Questions are definitely not standard and the app contains fun fake commercials. Your host Jack will take you on an exciting trivia ride. Connect with Facebook and play against your friends or strangers from anywhere in the world. Now you can connect with your TV and use your phone as a controller. Play alone or with friends at a party. The game can take awhile to get used to but once you learn how the questions are asked, you’ll be able to get the most points.
- Fun and interactive gameplay
- Use your phone as a controller
- Play against people in the room with you or anywhere in the world
- Questions can be difficult to get used to
- Can take awhile to connect to other players
- Doesn’t always connect to the TV
Learn up on just one topic or a few. Find people around the world with similar interests and prove you know the most about everything. When you begin to play, choose a topic and answer questions based on that. The game will find someone else who is playing and pit you against him or her. The faster you answer questions, the more points you get. At the end of the match, whoever answered more correct answers quickly will win. Level up the more you play and you can get to more advanced questions and topics.
- Good variety of questions
- Play with topics you know
- Play against friends or strangers
- Can take awhile to find an opponent
- Have to make a profile to play
- Sometimes see the same questions
3. Trivia Burst
Play against a single player against the computer or head to head with a friend to answer questions in over 30 categories. Find your Facebook friends to make it personal or opt to compete against strangers from all over the country. Begin by choosing your category. Each game consists of five questions and the faster you answer the more points you’ll get. You can see how your opponent is doing by where his icon moves on the bar above and know exactly where you stand throughout the game. Don’t shy away from the more difficult questions because they will give you more points.
- Play against the computer or a friend
- Choose from over 30 categories
- Get more points for speed
- Need an Internet connection
- Can take awhile to find an opponent
- Can get stuck on certain questions
If your trivia strength is movie knowledge, this interesting visual game is for you. Look at an image and figure out which movie it is portraying. The more answers you get right, the more stars you can earn and unlock more sets of questions. Watch a short movie clip and choose the movie it comes from. Play against your friends on Facebook or opt to find strangers. When you finish the game it will be sent to your opponent until he or she can answer.
- Good variety of categories
- Can play with Facebook friends
- Get questions right to get unlock new questions
- Can take awhile to find someone to play against
- Have to get coins to buy more categories
- Hard to move an opponent from a list
If SongPop sounds familiar it’s because it is very similar to MoviePop, but with music. Listen to a clip of a song and identify the artist or song title. When you’ve finished the game, send it to one of your Facebook friends or a stranger to see how you measure up. Compete in over 300 categories for every music type. Get coins for winning to buy fun new song packs.
- Many different music categories
- Win to get coins
- See where you can buy certain songs
- Have to log in to use
- Need Wifi connection
- Can take awhile to get someone to play against