Wallet cases are one of the most popular types of smartphone cases. A wallet case lets you leave your old bifold at home, and tuck your ID and debit card right inside your phone case. For anyone who likes to pack light, the ability to combine a wallet into your existing smartphone case is just plain smart. There are a variety of different wallet case styles for iPhone devices. Some take the form of hard cases with a card slot on the rear. Others are softer, folio-style cases that have a front flap to protect your screen. There are lots of wallet cases available for the new iPhone 6s. Here are five of our favorite iPhone 6s wallet cases. You can also check out our iPhone cases section, which features tons of guides to the best iPhone case models out there.
1. Verus Layered Dandy iPhone 6S Wallet Case
Folio-style cases are the most common type of wallet cases. This iPhone 6s case from Verus comes in a variety of colors to suit your personality (or your outfit). The interior of the front flap has room for three cards. The case is relatively thin, especially for a diary-style case. One minor caveat is that an overly full case may not stay shut. If you have a card in every slot, plus a lot of cash tucked into the cash pocket, the case may not close securely. If you need a lot of storage space, you may want a wallet case with a different type of closure.
Price: $18.99 (68 percent off MSRP)
- Four color options
- Protective front flap
- Room for three cards, plus cash
- You may need to use a screen protector to prevent contact friction from cards in front flap
- Faux leather
- Some people prefer snap closures to magnetic closures
2. Silk Vault Slim Wallet for iPhone 6/6s
If you dislike the bulk of folio-style wallet cases, this slimmer case from Silk is a nice alternative. Like the Verus case above, this case also holds three cards and some cash. However, there’s no need to worry about the case not closing properly, since the card compartment is on the rear of the case. In addition to black, you can find this case in “Pacific Green,” red, gold, and gunmetal. An internal reinforced structure, along with a raised front lip, can help protect your iPhone 6s from accidental bumps and drops.
Price: $14.99 (40 percent off MSRP)
- Slim, compact design
- Reinforced substructure
- Ample storage
- Some people feel uncomfortable with a case that lets their cards peek out
- One user review states: “If you shake the phone pretty good, the cards will start working their way out.”
3. Lific Saffiano Diary iPhone 6S Case
The texture of this 6s case is a nice touch. We also like the two-tone approach to case design here. In addition to the brown case above, you can also get this wallet case in pink, mint, black, red, and royal blue. If you’re looking for a colorful wallet case (which can be a tough thing to find), this is a nice option to consider.
Price: $9.99 (75 percent off MSRP)
- Decent amount of card storage
- Cool case color combos
- Also works as a kickstand
- Magnetic closure isn’t preferred by all
- PU leather may not age as gracefully as real leather
4. Carryberry Wallet Case With Strap for iPhone 6s
Need a wallet case that feels more like a purse? This is a cute option. There’s only room for two cards and some cash, but the feminine, flirty look of this case makes up for that. The wrist strap is a nice touch, particularly on days when you are wearing an outfit without any pockets. If pink isn’t your favorite color, this case is available in eight other color combinations.
- Handy wrist strap
- Integrated stand
- Cute, feminine design
- Slightly bulky
- Less storage space than some other cases on this list
5. KarenDeals iPhone 6S Wallet Case
Available in six different color combinations, this is another wallet case that’s perfect for those who love bold colors. Heavy duty stitching helps to ensure durability over time. It’s a bit similar to the Lific Saffiano Diary featured earlier in this post, though the front closure is slightly different. Colors options are also slightly different. A folding stand is a nice added feature for those who like to watch movies or use video chat.
Price: $11.99 (25 percent off MSRP)
- Integrated stand
- Lots of colors
- Reasonably priced
- Front flip cover helps protect screen from scratches and dirt
- Magnetic closure
- Not the most rugged case design