Your KitchenAid stand mixer can already do just about anything you wish. However, you can make it even better with a KitchenAid attachment. These attachments range from practical for daily use, such as the flex edge beater, to fun options such as an ice cream maker and pasta roller. While some attachments are sold individually, you can purchase others as part of a larger set for added convenience. Many attachments work with any KitchenAid stand mixer. Most can be inserted directly into your mixer’s power hub, ensuring a fast and easy way to prepare your meals. Here’s a list of the top best KitchenAid attachments on the market right now.
1. KitchenAid KFE5T Flex Edge Beater for Tilt-Head Stand Mixers
As the name suggests, this mixer attachment features flexible edges for superior scraping power. It’s also crafted from a sturdy metal material that helps it stand up well over time. This beater maintains a safe wattage draw, keeping messes to a minimum while delivering your desired results. Many consumers praise this beater for its more thorough and quicker ingredient corporation. It’s also easy to clean as you can simply run it through the dishwasher when needed. You can use this flex edge beater on any KitchenAid tilt-head stand mixer.
Price: $18.97 (53 percent off MSRP)
- Flexible edges
- Durable metal material
- Ideal for any KitchenAid tilt-head stand mixer
- Can occasionally leave ingredients at the bottom of the bowl
- Some consumers may need to make adjustments to ensure desired results
- May toss lighter ingredients around on higher speeds
Find more KitchenAid KFE5T Flex Edge Beater for Tilt-Head Stand Mixers information and reviews here.
2. KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixers
This grinder effortlessly grinds just about anything you desire, whether it’s meat, cheese, bread, or ingredients to make your favorite dips and salsas. You can use this grinder to whip up bread crumbs and spreads. The product comes with fine and course grinding plates for added versatility. You’ll also receive tips and recipes to help you get started or expand your cooking adventures. As an added bonus, you can use this attachment with any KitchenAid stand mixer. It’s also quite simple to clean as most parts are dishwasher-safe.
Price: $36.99 (43 percent off MSRP)
- Grinds a variety of food
- Includes fine and course grinding plates
- Compatible with any KitchenAid stand mixer
- Can get clogged with larger quantities
- Meat should be chilled or frozen for at least 30 minutes to avoid getting stuck
- Not ideal for use on higher settings
3. KitchenAid KICA0WH 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker Stand Mixer Attachment
If you own a 5 or 6 quart KitchenAid stand mixer and you want a separate attachment for making ice cream or other frozen desserts, this product is a great choice. There’s also an ice cream attachment for 8 quart mixers. With this attachment, you can make up to 2 quarts of your favorite soft serve ice cream or another frozen dessert, such as sorbet or gelato, in just 20 to 30 minutes. It’s equipped with a rotating dasher to spread, mix, and scrape the ice cream. You can also easily store this attachment away thanks to its compact design. Regardless of what you’re making, it’s essential to freeze the bowl at least 24 hours before use.
Price: $69.99 (30 percent off MSRP)
- Holds up to 2 quarts
- Ideal for soft serve ice cream and other frozen desserts
- Makes dessert in 20-30 minutes
- Not ideal for making back-to-back batches
- Can be a bit tricky to attach
- Hard to avoid making a mess when pouring in ingredients
Find more KitchenAid KICA0WH 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker Stand Mixer Attachment information and reviews here.
4. KitchenAid KSM1APC Spiralizer Attachment with Peel, Core and Slice
This versatile attachment makes meal preparation so much easier. You can use it to peel, core, and slice a variety of food. It can also be used in other fun ways, such as making zucchini noodles or lemon twists for your favorite drink. A highlight of this system is its multiple quick-change blades, which adds an element of convenience and helps to cut down on meal preparation time. To use this attachment, simply attach it to your mixer’s power hub. From there, it will use the motor’s power to peel, core, and slice a variety of fruits and vegetables. As an added bonus, you can use this attachment on all KitchenAid stand mixer models.
Price: $89.99 (31 percent off MSRP)
- Peels, cores, and slices fruits and vegetables
- Makes meal preparation easier
- Can be used on all KitchenAid stand mixers
- Slicing attachment could be better
- Can slow down motor on lower wattage units
- Slicer blade can become dull over time
Find more KitchenAid KSM1APC Spiralizer Attachment with Peel, Core and Slice information and reviews here.
5. Kitchenaid KPRA Pasta Roller and cutter for Spaghetti and Fettuccine
You can make fresh pasta in the comfort of your own kitchen with this handy attachment. The three piece set includes a pasta roller along with a fettuccine cutter and a spaghetti cutter. It’s easy to make spaghetti and fettuccine noodles, including cutting them to the optimal thickness. The durable all-metal housing remains stable throughout the process and holds up well over time. Attaching this unit to your mixer’s power hub is a stress-free process. If you detest messy cleanups, you’ll appreciate the fact that this attachment comes with a cleaning brush. It’s also compatible with any KitchenAid stand mixer.
Price: $145.26 (42 percent of MSRP)
- Includes pasta roller, fettuccine cutter, and spaghetti cutter
- Durable metal housing
- Works with any KitchenAid stand mixer
- Initial learning curve
- Can’t handle larger amounts of pasta at once
- Tough to clean when dough is still wet
Find more Kitchenaid KPRA Pasta Roller and cutter for Spaghetti and Fettuccine information and reviews here.
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook