There are many robot vacuum cleaners on the market to pick from if you’re interested in general cleaning. However, options become more limited if you’re specifically looking for a robot vacuum cleaner that can handle pets and pet hair.
Many of the best robot vacuum cleaners for pet hair also cater to those with allergies. Aside from additional brushes to help sweep up pet hair and other debris, some of these vacuums are equipped with HEPA filters to trap even the smallest dust and dirt particles. Whether your goal is to pick up after a pet, reduce allergens around the home, or both, you’ll also appreciate the ample power and performance that comes with these models.
These robot vacuum cleaners typically aren’t the cheapest models available, but the extra cost is well worth the superior performance and cleaning capabilities. If you’re looking for more options, shop a wider selection of robot vacuum cleaners for pet hair to find what you need. You can also check out our Top 15 Best Robot Vacuums: The Heavy Power List.
What are the best robot vacuum cleaners for pets and pet hair in 2017?
- Neato Botvac D5 Connected Navigating Robot Vacuum – Pet & Allergy
- iRobot Roomba 980
- iRobot Roomba 690 Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Samsung POWERbot R9350 Turbo Robot Vacuum
- Pure Clean PUCRC25 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- ILIFE V3s Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pets and Allergies
- bObsweep PetHair Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
- Eufy RoboVac 11
- Proscenic 790T WIFI Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies
1. Neato Botvac D5 Connected Navigating Robot Vacuum – Pet & Allergy
The Botvac D5 Connected is a WiFi-enabled robot vacuum cleaner with an ultra performance filter and high capacity lithium-ion battery. Unlike its smaller sibling, Botvac D3 Connected, the D5 comes with a side brush to help sweep up dirt, dust, and debris that tends to hide in corners. A LaserSmart navigation system helps guide the Neato around in a sensible cleaning pattern. Another highlight is automatic multi-room cleaning, meaning that it automatically recharges and picks up where it left off as needed to clean an entire level of your home. Features such as a combination brush, extra large dirt bin, and high performance filter make this vacuum a practical choice for pets and allergies.
If you’re looking for even more power and performance, consider the Neato Botvac Connected. Unlike the D3 and D5, Botvac Connected has eco and turbo modes along with a high-capacity Lithium Ion battery that allows it to clean up to 5,000 square feet in one cycle.
Price: $476.00 (21 percent off MSRP)
- High capacity lithium-ion battery
- Ultra performance filter
- App could be better
- Lacks eco and turbo modes
- A few mention it can get stuck under lower pieces of furniture
Find more Neato Botvac D5 Connected Navigating Robot Vacuum – Pet & Allergy information and reviews here.
2. iRobot Roomba 980
This iRobot Roomba certainly isn’t cheap, but it comes with a longer battery life and enhanced performance — particularly on carpets. If your household includes one or more furry companions, the iRobot Rooma 980 can help clean up the mess. Its 120-minute run time during an entire level cleaning session puts the 980 ahead of its siblings. It’s also the only Roomba with Carpet Boost technology, where power is automatically increased for thorough carpet cleaning. Brushless extractors keep tangles and jams at bay. There’s also a high-efficiency filter along with a spinning side brush to pick up even the smallest dust and dirt particles.
If you want a similar amount of power but don’t need extras such as Carpet Boost technology and a longer run time, consider the iRobot Roomba 960.
- 120 minute run time
- Users can schedule cleaning preferences
- Carpet Boost technology
- May mistake darker carpets for a cliff due to cliff detection sensors
- Can be loud on Carpet Boost mode
- Some owners complain that the 980 sometimes struggles to find its way back to its base
3. iRobot Roomba 690 Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re looking for a similar amount of power and performance compared to the entry-level iRobot Roomba 650, along with the convenience of WiFi connectivity, consider The newly introduced iRobot Roomba 690. This latest version is built on the same reliable and proven platform as the iRobot Roomba 650, and offers similar performance. However, the design has been updated to make it even more efficient and effective. You can use the related app to schedule cleanings from anywhere. The vacuum is also compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. A dual mode virtual wall barrier keeps the robot vacuum cleaner out of forbidden spaces.
The next step up is the iRobot Roomba 860, which comes with dirt detection technology for concentrated cleaning, tangle-free debris extractors, and a high-efficiency filter.
Price: $334.99 (11 percent off MSRP)
- Built on the same proven platform as the iRobot Roomba 650
- Entry-level Roomba with WiFi
- Comes with virtual wall barriers
- A few wish the cleaning pattern was less random
- Can get stuck on rugs
- Some mention the occasional dropped signal or connectivity issues
4. Samsung POWERbot R9350 Turbo Robot Vacuum
The Samsung POWERbot R9350 Turbo Robot Vacuum is a solid choice for households with pets due to its powerful suction and innovative cyclone technology, which maintains consistent power with less clogging. There’s also a point cleaning function to tackle messier areas. Its WiFi connectivity means this robot vacuum cleaner can be controlled via the app or by voice control with Amazon Alexa. Other highlights include an array of sensors and visionary mapping technology for obstacle avoidance, along with a combination brush for picking up pet hair.
- Suction technology keeps dirt and debris separate
- Large wheels for smoother surface transitions
- 12-inch combo brush
- A bit loud
- Several wish the app was better
- Those with Apple devices find it tough to set up the app
5. Pure Clean PUCRC25 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Pure Clean PUCRC25 is an affordable alternative to some of the pricier robot vacuum cleaners on the market. It doesn’t come with some of the higher-end features such as boundary markers or an interactive display screen, but it does offer simple and effective home cleaning. Pet owners will appreciate the brushless design, which means you won’t need to remove pet hair clogs. A HEPA filter traps even the smallest dust and dirt particles. Dual rotating brushes along with sides reach into tricky places for thorough cleaning. Cliff detection sensors keep this robot vacuum cleaner from taking a tumble on stairs.
- HEPA filter
- Brushless design
- Dual rotating brushes
- Doesn’t come with boundary markers
- Small dust bin
- Battery life could be better
6. ILIFE V3s Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pets and Allergies
The ILIFE V-series family includes the V3s, V5s, and the V7s. The V3s caters to households with pets and comes with features such as a double HEPA filter for enhanced air purification, pet hair care technology that allows the vacuum to easily pick up pet hairs and debris, and an innovative suction design that keeps clogs at bay. Its low profile design allows this robot vacuum cleaner to slide under various pieces of furniture and other obstacles. Choose between auto, edge, and cleaning modes depending on your specific cleaning needs.
Price: $158.99 (21 percent off MSRP)
- Low-profile shape
- Double HEPA filter
- Pet hair care technology
- Not ideal for carpets
- Cleaning pattern seems random
- Sometimes struggles to return to its base
7. bObsweep PetHair Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
The bObsweep team of pet-oriented robot vacuum cleaners includes bObi Pet, a stylish vacuum cleaner with plenty of suction and relatively quiet operation, as well as the heavy-duty bObsweep PetHair. A self-starting schedule and auto-resume makes this robot vacuum cleaner a user-friendly choice for regular household cleaning. Pet owners will appreciate the fact that this vacuum is designed to sweep up pet hair and paw prints. Other highlights include UV light sterilization and HEPA filtration. TurboLift suction power picks up fur, litter, and other debris on all floor types, including carpet. Another distinctive feature is a large interactive LCD display screen.
Price: $202.99 (70 percent off MSRP)
- Interactive LCD display screen
- TurboLift suction power for enhanced pickup
- HEPA filtration
- Some wish the cleaning pattern was more methodical
- Can struggle to get into corners and other tight spaces
- Not WiFi-enabled
8. Eufy RoboVac 11
The Eufy RoboVac 11 stands out for its affordable price tag and pet-oriented features. Some examples include a HEPA-style filter to trap allergens and pet fur, along with a cleaning system with side brushes, a rolling brush, and ample suction power for superior cleaning. Infrared sensors help guide the robot vacuum cleaner around obstacles. Other highlights include an anti-scratch glass cover and a Lithium Ion battery that provides up to 90 minutes of fade-free power. Its low profile design enables the Eufy RoboVac 11 to sneak under furniture when necessary. Choose from various cleaning modes on the remote or opt for manual controls to ensure the most thorough and effective cleaning around your home.
Price: $219.99 (56 percent off MSRP)
- HEPA-style filter
- 90 minutes of fade-free power
- Anti-scratch glass cover
- Doesn’t include boundary markers
- Lacks a bin full indicator
- Some wish the cleaning pattern was more methodical
9. Proscenic 790T WIFI Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The Proscenic 790T Robotic Vacuum Cleaner stands out for its powerful brushless motor, which allows it to easily pick up pet hair, dust, and other allergens without making too much noise. It also comes with a mopping mode and water tank for dirtier areas. Radar detection and anti-fall sensors keep the vacuum from colliding into household objects. Precise location and smart mapping technology ensures the vacuum maintains a methodical cleaning pattern. For added convenience, you can control the vacuum and schedule cleanings through the app. The vacuum automatically docks and recharges when the battery is low.
Price: $259.99 (28 percent off MSRP)
- WiFi connectivity
- Can use mop and/or vacuum modes for thorough cleaning
- Includes HEPA filter for pet fur and allergens
- Relatively small dustbin
- Doesn’t automatically resume cleaning after charging
- Not 5G supported
10. Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies
The Neato Botvac D80 comes with a promise to pick up more pet hair than its competitors. Satisfied owners appear to agree with this claim and praise the vacuum for its ability to get into tight corners and along edges to sweep up pet hair and dirt that often hides in such spaces. A clever D-shape design helps the D80 navigate even the smallest spaces. An auto charge and resume feature lets the robot vacuum cleaner automatically recharge then return to finish the job. Boundary markers keep the robot vacuum cleaner from venturing into off-limit spaces, while a spiral blade brush sweeps up pet hair and other debris without hesitation. Other highlights include a high-performance filter, side brush, and hand cleaning tool.
- Auto charge and resume
- Smart laser navigation system
- Multi-brush cleaning
- Lacks a remote
- Tends to get stuck in fringes and cords
- Sensors require frequent cleaning
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.