October means one thing, seasonal updates of your favorite apps. Get all the spooky fun out of games you already know and love and get in the mood for candy and ghouls. If you already have these apps, download the latest update and unlock the Halloween fun or get them for the first time just in time for pumpkins and witches. All of these are free and not too scary for all ages of players.
1. Plants vs. Zombies 2
A classic iPhone game, Plants vs. Zombies is fun no matter the time of year, but even more so if the lights are turned down and the air outside is a little crisper. You have to protect your farm from the zombie attack using only the plants in your arsenal. Build up your defenses with plants that shoot peas at the enemy, or hazelnuts that explode when stepped on. If you miss a spot, a lawn mower will take down whatever is in its path but you only get one safety net. Move for a variety of levels that continue to make the game fun and exciting. The zombies get tougher but so do your plants so you’ll have all the tools to survive the apocalypse.
- Good variety of zombies and pants
- A lot of levels to move through
- 22 mini games
- Can take a few tries to pass a level
- Can take while to earn new plants
- Sometimes doesn’t save ongoing game
2. Restaurant Story 2: Halloween
Unfortunately, Restaurant Story doesn’t make it as easy to find update to the seasonal version, but there is a fun Halloween game that makes it easy to get into the spirit. Ghosts and ghouls need to eat too and you can feed them. Buy ingredients, learn recipes and prepare food for you hungry customers. The more people you serve, the better the rating your restaurant will receive and soon you’ll be working you way to a five-star chef. You can get fresh produce from a haunted garden and even cater spooky events like the ghost ship.
- New worlds to explore
- Lots of fun characters and costumes
- Good variety of recipes
- Have to earn coins to buy ingredients
- Can take awhile to earn more coins
- Game is kind of slow and buggy
3. Bubble Witch 2 Saga
An evil force has taken over the witch’s land and you have to help her fight through levels to free the animals and save her friends. In some levels you’re pop the bubbles around your friends to save them, in others you’ll shoot right at the evil witch to bring her down. Aim bubbles at ones of a similar color to pop them and make them fall before you run out of moves. The further you get in the game, the more upgrades you can get to make going through the levels easier and faster. If you lose a level you’ll lose a life and have to wait until you can build up a new one.
- Good variety of levels
- Easy game play
- Good cast of characters
- Have to wait awhile to get more lives
- Some levels can be difficult
- Will urge you to connect to Facebook
4. Monster Dash
If you’ve played JetPack Joyride, you’ll recognize the hero of Monster Dash, Barry Steakfries. Instead of running through a lab, you’ll help Barry run through the streets and take down various monsters that want to stop him. Run through different lands, collect coins and shoot monsters. The more coins you earn, the bigger weapons you can buy which makes it easier to attack the evil beings. Go through the levels to traverse different lands, or play a continuous game in arcade mode just to practice. Either way you’ll be greeted with monsters and demons and spooky worlds.
- Easy game play
- Good variety of levels
- Many different monsters to rumble with
- Have to watch ads to get prizes
- Can crash on the loading screen
- Can be hard to pass certain levels
5. Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff
Build your own spooky Quahog with the new Halloween pack. Create streets, sidewalks and buildings to create a new town with your favorite characters. Get coins to unlock more town members and decorations. Each character will ask you to help them with some sort of task and if you complete it, you’ll get extra XP points and more money. The Halloween update features Death at the Drive-In, where Peter accidentally unleashes your favorite movie villains into Quahog and the townspeople have to band together to fight them.
- Fun variety of characters and tasks
- Good amount of buildings to choose from
- Silly animations with your favorite characters
- Can be hard to navigate at first
- Takes awhile to get enough coins to finish buildings
- Have to wait a long time to finish tasks
Discuss on Facebook