You don’t have to invest hundreds of dollars to get a perfectly capable outdoor pizza oven. However, if you are going to invest in a pizza oven, you want to make sure that you’re getting the most bang for the buck. Pizza ovens come in a variety of sizes and types. Common examples include portable ovens for camping and tailgating, larger wood burning ovens, and even pizza boxes and kits that allow you to cook a pizza directly on the grill.
As you’re shopping for the right pizza oven, consider factors such as how and where you’ll use your pizza oven and the size that will work best for you. Some portable units are more compact, and are ideal for making smaller personal pizzas. If you frequently host large parties, a bigger wood burning pizza oven for the patio can be a worthwhile investment. Those searching for a truly authentic taste should consider a brick pizza oven. Also, keep in mind that some pizza ovens heat up faster and reach higher temperatures than others.
If this list doesn’t have the right option for you, browse a wider selection of outdoor pizza ovens on Amazon for more options.
1. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
The Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven offers fully adjustable heat to accommodate a variety of pizza types, including frozen, pre-made, and artisan. Its open-faced design cooks pizza in the same manner as a traditional brick oven. A ceramic pizza stone ensures delicious end results by removing excess moisture on the outside of the dough while keeping the inside moist. The total cooking surface is 300 square inches.
- Durable ceramic material
- Fully adjustable heat
- 300 square inch cooking surface
- Several wish it came with handles on the sides
- Pizza needs to be rotated several times during cooking to keep it from burning
- Can be tough to maintain a consistent temperature when it’s windy
2. Karrsen BR-2 Dome Oven
Its compact size and affordable price tag makes the Karrsen KBR-016R BR-2 Dome Oven an ideal choice for many consumers. Highlights include an innovative captive heat technology, which allows food to cook faster than conventional ovens, along with an overall weight of just 7.5 pounds for easy portability. This pizza oven is ideal for pizza as well as breads, potatoes, cakes, chicken, and turkey. It also saves energy by using just 1150 watts, and heats up in around 5 minutes. There’s enough room to bake up to a 12-inch pizza.
- Lightweight construction
- Heats up quickly
- Simple controls
- Too small for larger pizzas
- Dome gets very hot
- Need to remove lid to check on food
3. KettlePizza Basic Pizza Oven Kit for 18.5 and 22.5 Inch Kettle Grills
If you’d rather not go through the hassle of buying a separate pizza oven, consider this kit. All you need is a 18.5 or 22.5-inch kettle grill to get started. The heat inside won’t escape, as you don’t have to take the lid off to access the food. This kit can be paired with charcoal or hardwood grills. It also comes with a thermometer, handles, stainless sleeve, and an aluminum pan.
Price: $99.95 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Works with kettle grills
- Interior heat is retained
- Ideal for charcoal and hardwood
- Requires a fair amount of fuel
- Can be tricky to refill
- A separate baking steel is recommended for best results
Find more KettlePizza Basic Pizza Oven Kit for 18.5 and 22.5 Inch Kettle Grills information and reviews here.
4. Uuni 3 Portable Wood Pellet Pizza Oven
The Uuni 3 Portable Wood Pellet Pizza Oven distances itself from competitors with its high temperature range (maximum is 932 degrees Fahrenheit) along with a quick heat-up and cooking time. You can expect this pizza oven to cook a pizza in just one minute. It’s also powered by wood pellets, which are eco-friendly, dense, and affordable. Other highlights include a durable brushed stainless steel material that won’t rust over time along with an included cordierite stone pizza board and pizza peel. There’s enough space to cook up to a 13-inch pizza.
- Maximum temperature is 932 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can cook pizzas in just 60 seconds
- Made with durable rust-resistant stainless steel
- Requires some assembly
- Several mention an initial learning curve
- Wood pellets sold separately
5. Camp Chef Camping Outdoor Oven with 2 Burner Camping Stove
This combination range and oven is equipped with two 7,500 BTU range burners and a 3,000 BTU internal oven. It also comes with two oven racks, making it easier to cook your pizza and anything else you might need for a complete meal. The oven gets up to 400 degrees and has a built-in thermometer. You can cook up to five hours on high heat using a single can of propane.
Price: $209.17 (9 percent off MSRP)
- Two range burners
- Includes oven racks
- Can cook up to five hours on high heat
- Doesn’t include a bulk tank adapter
- Temperature gauge can get in the way
- Wind protection could be better
6. Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS Table Top Gas Pizza Oven
This large stainless steel oven is ideal for outdoor use and works equally well on the patio as it does at a camp site. The interior is similar to a standard oven, giving you plenty of space to cook a pizza and roast a chicken at the same time. Additionally, this outdoor pizza oven heats up quickly and reaches up to 12001 BTU when necessary. A pizza stone is included.
Price: $225.99 (24 percent off MSRP)
- Stainless steel construction
- Heats up quickly
- Includes a pizza stone
- Some note the thermometer seems slightly inaccurate
- Assembly required
- Initial learning curve
7. Pizzacraft PizzaQue PC6500 Outdoor Pizza Oven
If you’re looking for an oven that will pre-heat and cook quickly, this outdoor Pizzacraft pizza oven is worth a close look. The oven is fully pre-heated in just 15 minutes and makes delicious pizza in minutes. It’s also easily portable and propane-fueled, making it a practical choice for camping and other outdoor adventures. Other highlights include a durable steel construction and included pizza stone.
- Pre-heats and cooks quickly
- Comes with pizza stone
- Opening is a bit small
- Sensitive to wind
- Can take awhile to heat up in colder temperatures
8. Blackstone Outdoor Pizza Oven
The Blackstone Outdoor Pizza Oven features a 60,000 BTU burner. The result is that it heats up quickly and heats up pizza evenly. A push button igniter helps start the oven as quickly as possible. Other highlights include sturdy steel handles and a motor that can be powered by batteries or plugged in. You can cook up to a 16-inch pizza in this oven.
Price: $232.91 (32 percent off MSRP)
- 60,000 BTU burner
- Push button igniter
- Cooks pizzas up to 16 inches
- Spinning plate can get stuck
- Interior has numerous stickers
- Some feel that the motor is under-powered
9. BakerStone Pizza Oven Box
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of purchasing a separate pizza oven, consider this pizza oven box. Its convenient size allows you to place the box on a grill and cook up your favorite pizza in just minutes. In addition to cooking pizza, you can also use this box to roast vegetables and meet and even cook bread. The box is compatible with many three-burner and larger gas and charcoal grills.
Price: $119.97 (8 percent off MSRP)
- Compatible with many grills
- Cooks pizza in just minutes
- Can also be used for cooking other types of food
- Heat dissipates quickly
- Interior can be tough to clean
- Several users recommend using grills with at least four burners
10. ilFornino Basic Wood Fired Pizza Oven
This ilFornino pizza oven features a medium grade stainless steel construction, which promotes oxidation and keeps corrosion at bay. The stainless steel also offers high temperature resistance for consistent end results. The dome is also insulated for enhanced heat retention. A built-in ash catching tray captures all the ashes so that you aren’t stuck with a messy cleanup. This pizza oven offers a total cooking surface of approximately 980 square inches and includes a built-in thermometer..
- Medium grade stainless steel
- Includes an ash catching tray
- 980 square inch cooking surface
- Requires a fair amount of space
- Doesn’t come assembled
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook