Choosing the right weight bench can seem like a daunting task. If you’ve used a weight bench before, the decision may simply come down to factors such as the overall size and cost. However, if you’re picking out a weight bench for the first time, you might want to consider a broader range of features. For example, some benches lie flat while others can be adjusted into several positions. It’s helpful to consider the weight capacity as well. Heavier users and those who lift heavier weights should consider a weight bench with a higher weight capacity.
Some weight benches allow attachments so that you can expand your workout. A few have storage space for weights. Other considerations include the amount of padding and whether the bench comes with wheels for easier transportation.
Browse a wider selection of weight benches on Amazon if you’re looking for more options.
1. Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 Adjustable Bench
You can adjust this Bowflex bench to six different positions to maximize your workouts. The bench can be moved from a 17-degree incline to a 90-degree incline. A removable leg hold-down brace is included, giving you the option of additional position support if necessary. The bench is designed to help stabilize and correct posture for a safe and effective workout. There is a 30-year frame warranty and a one year upholstery warranty.
A less expensive alternative, Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Bench, is also available.
Price: $189.00 (9 percent off MSRP)
- Inclines from 17 to 90 degrees
- Adjusts to six different positions
- Includes removable leg hold-down brace
- A handful of users complain about the large gap between the seat and back
- Can’t use attachments with the bench
- Some find it difficult to move the bench using the included wheels
2. Universal 5 Position Weight Bench
As its name suggests, this bench adjusts into five different positions so that you can complete a range of exercises. Stabilizer levelers hold the bench securely in place and keep it steady on nearly any type of flooring. The bench also stands out for its contoured shape and large foam rollers. There is a 250-pound maximum user weight and a maximum user weight and lift load of 430 pounds. This weight bench includes a fixed leg brace.
Price: $100.15 (41 percent off MSRP)
- Adjusts to five different positions
- Contoured shape for comfort
- Includes a fixed leg brace
- Back can’t be adjusted to a full upright position
- Taller users may find the bench a bit too short
- Plastic end caps may fall off with movement
3. Marcy Utility Flat Bench
The Marcy Utility Flat Bench features a high density foam for firm body support. It’s a practical budget-friendly choice for any workout that’s confined to a compact space, as you can perform a variety of exercises on the flat surface. A powder coat finish is designed for long-term durability. The maximum weight capacity for the bench is 300 pounds, including user weight.
If you have a bit more space, you may want to consider the Marcy Adjustable Utility Bench.
- High density foam for firm body support
- Ideal for workouts in compact spaces
- Several taller users wish it was slightly longer
- Bench may be a bit too light for heavier users
- Some note that the bolts holding the frame together may loosen up over time
4. Titan Fitness Adjustable Flat Incline Weight Bench
This adjustable weight bench features a 650-pound capacity. Highlights include an adjustable back and seat along with a sturdy steel base that holds the bench in place during workouts. It’s also built for the ideal bench pressing height. The bench is padded for enhanced comfort. Other features include a durable leather finish and bolt holes that enable permanent mounting.
Price: $119.00 (18 percent off MSRP)
- Adjustable seat and back
- Built for optimal bench pressing height
- Padded for comfort
- Assembly instructions could be better
- Bench might be a bit too high for shorter users
- A few complaints regarding its large/bulky size
5. PowerBlock Sport Bench
This weight bench can be adjusted to five distinct positions. It also has a 550-pound weight capacity. Available bench positions include flat to 30, 45, and 60 degrees along with military position. An optional dip attachment is available. This bench features a separate back pad and seat adjustment for added convenience.
A more compact version, PowerBlock Travel Weight Bench, is also available.
- Adjusts to five positions
- Separate back pad and seat adjustments
- Optional dip attachment available
- Lacks padding under the seat
- Some users find the bench a bit shaky
- Doesn’t decline
6. adidas Performance Flat Training Bench
The adidas Performance Flat Training Bench is useful for free weights as well as ab and back exercises. A low profile design coupled with high-density padding and box upholstery adds an extra element of durability. This bench features a 600-pound weight capacity. Wide steel tubing keeps the bench stable during workouts.
Price: $69.99 (13 percent off MSRP)
- Low profile design
- High-density padding
- 600-pound weight capacity
- Larger users might find it a bit too short/low
- Some wish the foam padding was softer
- A few would like a sturdier overall build quality
7. Body-Solid Powerline Flat/Incline/Decline Folding Bench
This versatile adjustable bench offers seven total adjustment positions. Possible positions include flat, decline, incline, and close to vertical. You can use the bench for crunches, chest presses, shoulder presses, dumbbell workouts, and more. Transport wheels make it easier to move the bench around when necessary.
- Seven adjustment positions
- Includes transport wheels
- Can be used for a variety of workouts
- A few complaints of an initial chemical smell
- Doesn’t have an adjustable seat
- Some find the foot bar awkward
8. XMark Flat Incline Decline Weight Bench
This flat incline and decline weight bench stands out for its 1500-pound weight capacity and an adjustable back pad that can be moved from a decline to military position. The bench also has a multi-position seat that offers precise angles for incline, flat, and decline positions. An extra-thick cushion promotes comfortable workouts. Another feature is the durable vinyl covering that’s resistant to sweat and tears. This bench also has a removable leg hold-down attachment, built-in wheels for transportation, and a wide base for added stability.
- Adjustable back pad
- Multi-position seat
- 1500-pound weight capacity
- Needs to be lifted up fairly high to activate wheels for transportation
- Several note the subpar wrench, which is included for set-up
- Some wish the gap between pads was smaller
9. Gold’s Gym XR 10.1 Olympic Weight Bench
The Gold’s Gym XR 10.1 Olympic Weight Bench stands out for its Olympic-width adjustable bench, which can be set to a decline, incline, or flat position. It also has a six-roll leg developer that works the hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, and glutes. An adjustable weight crutch allows you to customize each training session. Other highlights include a durable vinyl surface and handy weight plate storage. If you’re not sure where to begin or could use some additional guidance, consult the included exercise chart.
- Olympic-width adjustable bench
- Includes a six-roll leg developer
- Comes with an exercise chart
- Several users agree the bar supports are in an awkward location
- Only comes with one storage bar
- Taller users may find the bench a bit short
10. Ironmaster Super Bench
Highlights of this adjustable weight bench include 11 lock out angles, with positions that include upright, flat, inclines, and declines, and a platform that remains stable and in place in every position. The bench features a strong steel frame with a 600-pound rating for incline and upright positions. An adjustable foot lever can be operated on both sides for added convenience. The incline seat moves with the backrest pad at all angles to ensure it’s always perpendicular.
- Multiple lock out angles
- Can be used upright and flat
- Adjustable foot levers on both sides
- Doesn’t include wheels for transportation
- A handful of owners mention some wobbling on uneven surfaces
- Several find the bench a bit too tall
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook