A weighted vest, or weight vest, is designed to enhance your workout. There is a wide variety of types of vests and available weights. If you’re just starting out, you may want to consider a lighter vest. Many vests start at 20 pounds, although you can find vests that begin at 10 pounds or less.
When you’re shopping for the vest, consider your fitness level, fitness goals, and how you’ll primarily be using your vest during workouts. If you’re just starting out, look for lower weight vests that are designed for exercises such as push-ups, squats, and pull-ups. Those who are a bit more advanced may want to consider a heavier weight vest. Some vests are specifically designed for running. These vests generally have a more streamlined fit and additional reinforcement to keep them from bouncing around during a run. Additionally, many vests feature a unisex design. Women, particularly those with a smaller frame, may find women-specific vests to be more comfortable.
If this list doesn’t have your preferred vest, shop additional weighted vests on Amazon for a wider selection. For more information on how to choose a weighted vests, check out How to Choose a Weighted Vest.
1. HumanX Weight Vest
This weighted vest is also available in 10-pound and 40-pound variations. Highlights include a compact design that lets you complete a workout without worrying about the vest getting in the way along with dual padded cushions in the chest and shoulders for added comfort. A flexible weight design keeps the vest close to your body during a workout. Other features include a fully adjustable belt and an abrasion-resistant exterior.
Price: $78.40 (22 percent off MSRP)
- Compact design won’t encumber workouts
- Dual padded cushions in shoulders and chest
- Fully adjustable belt
- A handful mention that it feels a bit small on larger frames
- A few wish the shoulder straps were softer
- Some find it tricky to insert weights into the vest
2. Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex 10-Pound Adjustable Weighted Vest
The Hyper Vest Pro weighted vest features a unisex design and breathable material. The moisture-wicking fabric keeps skin dry and comfortable even during the peak of your workouts. Flexible lacing on the side ensures a personalized fit. This vest comes loaded with 10 pounds of steel weights so that you don’t have to worry about inserting weight before you begin. Unlike some other vests, which have a bulkier design, this one has a thin profile so that it won’t impede your range of motion. Several users mention that this vest stays in place during runs and workouts that involve a lot of movement.
Price: $189.95 – $219.99
- Flexible lacing on the side for a customized fit
- Unisex design
- Thin profile won’t impede workouts
- Weights can be tough to remove and insert
- Some wish the material was more breathable
Find more Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex 10-Pound Adjustable Weighted Vest information and reviews here.
3. ZFOsports 40LBs Adjustable Weighted Vest
If you’re looking for a heavier weighted vest, consider this vest. You’ll find 40 pounds of weights inside in the vest, which has a maximum weight limit of 40 pounds. Each weight is removable. The vest is also weight adjustable in 2.5-pound increments. This vest features a unisex design and is available in one standard size designed to fit most. Another highlight is its snug fit, which keeps the vest from moving around during workouts. You can use it for everything from running and lateral drills to pull-ups, lunges, and more.
- Snug fit keeps vest in place during workouts
- Includes 40 pounds
- Could use more shoulder padding
- Those with smaller frames may find it a bit too large/bulky
- Doesn’t come with instructions
4. CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest
The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest ranges from 40 to 150 pounds. You can also adjust the weight to customize your workouts. Adjustable clips help fit the vest to your body. Other highlights include a breathable mesh material and neoprene padding for enhanced comfort. This vest features a unisex design. An integrated pocket offers enough space to safely store a phone. Reflective safety strips make you visible to others after dark. All weights inside the vest are removable.
A lighter variation, the 20-Pound CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest, is also available. You can also find a shorter version, CAP Barbell Short Adjustable Weighted Vest, in 20-pound and 50-pound increments. A 30-pound weighted vest for women is also available.
Price: $49.99 – $199.99
- Ranges from 40 to 150 pounds
- Comes with reflective safety strips
- Integrated pocket for secure phone storage
- Weight bags can be tricky to get into pockets
- A handful wish the straps could be pulled tighter for security
- Some wish there was more shoulder padding
5. Perfect Fitness Weight Vest
This shorter weight vest can hold up to 20 pounds in 1-pound increments. Its slender design won’t impede mobility. The vest comes with a breathable shell for comfort during workouts any time of the year. Highly visible reflective material helps keep you safe on the roads. A contour pocket offers enough storage space for your phone or MP3 player. A dual band enclosure promotes a personalized fit. This vest also comes with padded shoulders for enhanced comfort.
If you’re looking for something heavier, consider the 40 pound version.
Price: $61.50 (23 percent off MSRP)
- Contour pocket with storage space for phone or MP3 player
- Comes with reflective material
- Slender design won’t impede mobility
- Some with smaller frames wish it had more straps for stability
- A handful find it uncomfortable when worn for long periods of time
- Several note it shifts quite a bit with movement
6. Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest
This weighted vest includes 40 pounds of iron ore weights. You can adjust the weights in increments of 4 pounds for a customized workout. A belt is incorporated into the vest to ensure a snug fit. The vest is one size fits all and measures 15 inches long and 13 inches wide. You can use it for strength training, cross training, and more.
- Weights can be adjusted in 4-pound increments
- Incorporated belt for snug fit
- Includes 40 pounds of weights
- Some received a vest with sand weights rather than the iron ore weights listed in the description
- Lacks padding around the neck and shoulders
- A few find it bounces and causes chafing when running
7. 45 Lb. V-Force Weight Vest
You’ll spend a bit more up front for this weighted vest, but it comes with a lifetime guarantee and a choice between sizes. The vest is available in narrow and wide shoulder width. The narrower shoulder version is ideal for those with a smaller frame or who specifically want a vest for overhead and forward arm movements. This can include pull-ups, climbing, and various CrossFit exercises. Go with the wider shoulder version if you have a larger frame or need more comfort and support. The wider shoulder version is ideal for activities such as hiking, stair climbing, running, and calisthenics. This weighted vest is available in several colors and features a multi-layer pocket for additional weight support during any type of workout.
- Multi-layer pocket in back for additional weight support
- Available in two sizes
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- A handful of consumers mention that included weights may start to rust if not cared for properly
- Some wish the material was more breathable
8. MiR Adjustable Weighted Vest
If you’re looking for a weighted vest that won’t restrict your movement, you’ll appreciate that this model is just 11 inches long. The compact and snug fit makes it a solid choice for just about any type of exercise, including overhead movements. This vest also stands out for the fact that it’s available with a maximum weight up to 60 pounds. However, you can also go as low as 20 pounds depending on your fitness level. Every model features removable weights. Weights can be adjusted in 3-pound increments. One size fits most.
Price: $99.99 – $279.99
- Compact and snug fit
- Available up to 60 pounds
- Just 11 inches long
- Doesn’t include an integrated storage pocket
- Heavier vests can get expensive
- Several mention the vest tends to bounce around when running
9. Empower Weighted Vests
This women-specific weighted vest is designed for walking, although it can be used for other workouts as well. A soft and stretchy neoprene fabric ensures a comfortable fit. The weight is evenly distributed and can be used for adding resistance and weights to workouts and activities. A distinctive x-shape is designed to comfortably fit nearly any body type. The vest holds up to 8 pounds and can be maintained with spot cleaning.
A 4 pound weighted LED version in navy is also available. If you’re looking for a vest with a bit more weight, consider the 12-pound Tone Fitness Weighted Vest.
Price: $31.49 (21 percent off MSRP)
- Soft and stretchy neoprene fabric
- Distinctive x-shape design fits most body types
- Specifically designed to fit women
- Some wish it could hold more than 8 pounds
- Very small cellphone holder pocket
- A few find it tricky to insert the weights into the shoulder sleeves
10. RUNFast/Max Pro Weighted Vest
You can find this weighted vests in increments from 12 to 60 pounds. The weights are included so that you can simply strap on the vest and begin your workout. You can use the vest for strength training, cross training, and other types of workout where extra weight can be beneficial. One size fits most. This vest is available with and without shoulder pads.
Price: $27.98 – $134.99
- Available in increments from 12 to 60 pounds
- Weights are included
- Ideal for strength training and cross training
- Those with smaller frames may find the vest a bit bulky and long
- Tends to bounce around when running
- Shoulder pads come separately
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook