Whether you prefer to ride on the road or trails, you need a way to inflate your tires if you get a flat. Mini bike pumps are generally easily portable and can be safer to use than a CO2 cartridge, particularly for less experienced riders. As you shop for the right pump, consider how often you need to pump up flats during a ride, and whether you need a pump that works quickly.
In general, the smaller the pump, the harder it is to inflate a tire, especially towards the end. If you need to pump up your tire as fast as possible, you may want to invest in a slightly larger pump for its speed and ease of use. Keep in mind that bigger pumps tend to be heavier and bulkier than the smaller pumps.
Many of today’s mini pumps are designed to quickly switch from Presta to Schrader valves and can securely accommodate both types, making them useful for road and trail use. While most mini pumps are compact enough to fit into a jersey pocket or saddle bag, some come with mounting brackets so that you can attach them to your bike frame.
Some other features to consider include the pump’s PSI capacity and whether it has an extendable hose. In general, road bikes require a higher PSI capacity than mountain bikes. The extendable hose comes in handy for reaching into tight or awkward spaces to pump up a tire.
1. Lezyne Micro Floor Drive High Volume Pump
The Lezyne Micro Floor Drive pump works with Schrader and Presta valves, making it a useful choice for road and mountain bikes. The floor pump features a comfortable machined handle for proper control along with a 24-inch hose that easily reaches most valve stems. There’s also a stainless steel wire foot peg for added stability when pumping. This mini bike pump weighs 150 grams and has a maximum capacity of 90 PSI.
Price: $49.99 – $103.73
- Compatible with Schrader and Presta valves
- 24-inch hose easily reaches most valve stems
- Stainless steel foot peg adds stability when pumping
- Handle can be tough to use
- Some wish it was smaller
- Several mention the pressure gauge often doesn’t register for lower pressures
2. Vibrelli Mini Bike Pump & Glueless Puncture Repair Kit
The Vibrelli Mini Pump features a 120 PSI capacity is compatible with Presta and Schrader valves. Low and high pressure pumping is possible with the flip of a switch. A mounting bracket allows you to attach the pump to your bike in a convenient location, while Velcro straps add extra security. A glueless puncture kit is included so that you can fix a flat and get back to your ride as soon as possible.
Price: $19.97 (49 percent off MSRP)
- Capable of low and high pressure pumping
- Compatible with Presta and Schrader valves
- 120 PSI capacity
- A handful mention it can come loose and even fall off when mounted on larger bike frames
- Some find it tough to get up to 120 PSI
- Can require a fair amount of effort to pump up larger tires
3. Spin Doctor Rescue HP Mini Pump
The Spin Doctor Rescue HP Mini Pump is designed for high pressure road bike tires. In addition to a maximum 120 PSI limit, the pump is also compatible with Presta and Schrader valves. A telescoping hose, which pulls directly out of the pump body, provides quick and easy access to both valve types. It’s also threaded for a secure connection. A mounting bracket is included so that you can attach the pump to your bike frame. The pump also has a durable CNC alloy body and handle.
If you’re looking for a pump for high volume tires, consider the Spin Doctor Rescue HV Mini Pump.
- Desired for high pressure road bike tires
- 120 PSI limit
- Works with Presta and Schrader valves
- Doesn’t have a pressure gauge
- Not directly compatible with smooth valves
- Can require a fair amount of work to fully inflate some tires
4. Topeak Road Morph G Mini Pump
This mini bike pump caters to road bikes, although it can be used on other types of bikes as well. Cyclists will appreciate features such as an in-line gauge, which helps keep track of inflation, along with a fold-out food pad for added stability. The flexible hose easily reaches any valve. This Topeak bike pump is compatible with Dunlop, Schrader, and Presta valves. A padded T-handle provides an extra element of comfort as you pump up your tires. Other features include a plastic thumb lock and extra-long barrel.
Price: $29.99 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Includes in-line gauge
- Fold-out foot pad
- Compatible with Dunlop, Schrader, and Presta valves
- Can be tough to pump at high pressure
- Foot pad is quite small
- Gauge can be tough to read
5. Bike Pump with Gauge by Pro Bike Tool
Highlights of this mini bike pump include a high pressure 120 PSI and compatibility with Presta and Schrader valves. The bike pump can be used with mountain, road, and BMX bikes. It also comes with a mounting kit along with Velcro straps to hold it securely in place. An oversized piston helps reach your target pressure with fewer strokes. The pump has a flexible air hose that can easily get into tight spaces.
Price: $29.98 (50 percent off MSRP)
- Comes with flexible air hose for reaching tight spaces
- Works with Presta and Schrader valves
- 120 PSI capacity
- Doesn’t come with a dust shield/cover
- A few mention the gauge seems inaccurate at times
- Some cyclists wish it was lighter
6. SKS Germany Spaero Double Action Mini Pump
The SKS Spaero Double Action Pump stands out for its modern styling and convenient T-type handle, which promotes the optimal amount of pumping force. Double action pump technology helps pump air into tires by pushing and pulling. Other highlights include a flexible hose attachment that ensures pressure will remain steady throughout the process along with a dual pump head that can accommodate all valve types. The pump works on road and mountain bikes and includes a frame mount. There is an 87 PSI capacity.
If you need a pump with a higher maximum PSI, consider the SKS Airboy Mini Pump.
Price: $36.89 (26 percent off MSRP)
- Dual action pump technology
- Flexible hose attachment
- Pump head accommodates all valve types
- Similar-sized pumps offer a higher maximum PSI
- Some find the handle a bit awkward
7. Blackburn Airstik SL Pump
The Blackburn Airstik SL Pump features a specific dual chamber design for increased volume per stroke. The inner shaft of the pump also works as an air chamber, which results in a higher amount of air volume per stroke. This mini bike pump features a Presta-specific head and has a 160 PSI maximum pressure. Other highlights include a lightweight aluminum shaft and barrel along with rebuildable internals. A cage mount is included.
- Dual chamber design offers increased air volume per stroke
- Presta-specific head
- 160 PSI maximum
- Several caution it requires quite a bit of effort after around 80 PSI
- A few mention a subpar valve connection
- Not directly compatible with Schrader valves
8. Zefal HPX Frame-Fit Pump
If you’re looking for a basic yet effective bike frame pump, consider this Zefal pump. In addition to the fact that it’s designed for a streamlined fit on most bike frames, the pump also stands out for its long barrel. If you’re tired of tiny bike pumps that require a lot of work, especially towards the end, you’ll appreciate the smooth pumping action that a longer barrel provides. The pump offers up to 174 PSI and is available in four sizes to ensure an optimal fit onto your bike frame. While the pump is set up for use with Presta valves, it can also work with Schrader valves.
Price: $28.59 – $50.87
- Long barrel promotes smooth air flow
- Streamlined construction
- Comes in four sizes
- A few consumers wish there was more guidance regarding the best size for various frames
- Slightly heavy
- Requires a bit of effort to work with Schrader valves
9. Serfas Grifter Mini Hand/Floor Bicycle Pump
The Serfas Grifter Mini Hand/Floor Bicycle Pump caters to cyclists seeking the convenience of a floor pump in a more portable form. This pump has a folding base and handle along with a built-in gauge to help you keep track of the progress. An integrated foot peg provides more control as you pump. A switch valve allows you to pump up tires with Presta or Schrader valves. Other highlights include a secure head fit and an external hose.
- Mini/floor pump style
- Folding base and handle
- Built-in gauge
- A bit heavy
- Some find it tough to switch between valve types
- Several mention the gauge is in an awkward location
10. Portland Design Works Magic Flute Pump
The Portland Design Works Magic Flute Pump features a durable alloy construction. It’s also ideal for road and trail use, as it’s compatible with Schrader and Presta valves. This mini bike pump is lightweight and compact enough to store under a water bottle cage or similar space. A longer air chamber makes pumping more efficient — and easier — compared to pumps with a more compact design. As an added bonus, the pump is fully rebuildable and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Price: $40.13 (18 percent off MSRP)
- Comes with lifetime warranty
- Ideal for road and trail use
- Longer air chamber promotes smoother pumping
- A handful note that it barely fits under a water bottle cage
- Some mention the CO2 cylinder hole can corrode over time
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook