Woks come in many shapes and sizes. You’ll also notice a wide range in terms of cost. Fortunately, it’s not necessary to break the bank to get a good wok. To help narrow down the options, consider the size you need for your kitchen. Another consideration is the cooking surface. Some woks have a nonstick surface to keep food from sticking and to facilitate the cleanup process. You’ll also find woks that come pre-seasoned for added convenience.
Stainless steel, carbon steel, and cast iron are some of the most popular types of materials. The advantage of cast iron is that it retains heat well and is quite durable. However, many cast iron woks are quite heavy. Stainless steel woks tend to be affordable, although food can stick when cooking. Carbon steel woks are also inexpensive and tend to heat up quickly and evenly.
If this list doesn’t have quite what you need, browse a wider selection of woks on Amazon to find the right product.
1. Lodge P14W3 Seasoned Cast Iron Wok
The Lodge P14W3 Seasoned Cast Iron Wok features a 14-inch diameter and a flat base to keep it stationary on top of the stove. If you prefer not to deal with seasoning your cookware before using it, you’ll appreciate how this wok comes seasoned with oil. You can use the wok on any gas, electric, or induction stove. A cast iron construction means optimal heat retention.
Price: $49.96 (7 percent off MSRP)
- 14-inch cooking diameter
- Solid, flat base
- Comes pre-seasoned
- Very heavy
- Handles get hot
- Can take awhile to warm up
2. TECHEF – Onyx Collection 12-Inch Wok
Teflon nonstick coating keeps food from getting stuck as you cook with this 12-inch wok. A heavy base makes the pan compatible with induction cooktops. Other features include double-riveted stay-cool handles and a heavy gauge aluminum construction. Both the pan and lid are oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This pan also comes with sloped sides so that you can easily flip food as it cooks.
Price: $41.99 (16 percent off MSRP)
- Nonstick Teflon coating
- Heavy gauge aluminum construction
- Oven safe up to 450 degrees
- Nonstick coating can wear off over time
- Lid sold separately
3. T-fal A80789 Specialty Nonstick Jumbo Wok
If you need a bit more room for cooking, consider the 14-inch T-fal A80789 Specialty Nonstick Jumbo Wok. Its large capacity makes this T-fal wok a practical choice for whipping up family meals. Other features include a durable nonstick interior and exterior for easy food release and cooking. Additionally, having a nonstick surface means you can use just a small amount of oil for cooking. This wok has a durable aluminum construction and is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s also dishwasher safe.
- Large 14-inch surface
- Nonstick interior and exterior
- Oven safe up to 350 degrees
- Can slide around a bit, especially on glass cooktops
- A few mention the surface scratches easily
- Quite large
4. Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-Inch Wok
The Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-Inch Wok features durable 18/10 stainless steel construction along with an aluminum core. It also comes with a tight-fitting lid that traps moisture and heat for delicious end results. This wok has riveted stainless steel handles for added stability when moving it around. The handles are outfitted with air flow technology to keep them cooler, even when the pan heats up. This wok is dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Durable 18/10 stainless steel construction
- Dishwasher and oven safe
- Comes with a lid
- Cover handle can get hot
- A bit heavy
- Some mention food tends to stick
5. Calphalon Triply Stainless Steel 12-Inch Wok
A three-layer construction, consisting of an aluminum core sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel, promotes consistent and even heating. Another advantage of the aluminum core is that it promotes heat conductivity. This wok is safe for the dishwasher as well as the oven and broiler. Other features include a stay-cool stainless steel handle and a polished stainless steel exterior.
- Three-layer construction
- Safe for the dishwasher, oven, and broiler
- Stay-cool stainless steel handle
- Several mention the pan needs to be properly pre-heated before use
- Some find that food tends to stick
6. Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok
The 1500-watt electric Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok is designed to provide a similar experience to cooking with a gas stove. Highlights include even heat distribution along the bottom and walls of the wok, along with a die-cast aluminum material that heats up quickly and maintains a temperature that’s high enough to sear food. You can choose between 15 heat settings to find the most precise option for your meal. A tempered glass lid with an adjustable steam vent is included.
Price: $95.92 (26 percent off MSRP)
- Even heat distribution on bottom and sides
- 15 pre-programmed heat settings
- Includes tempered glass lid with adjustable steam vent
- Bowl doesn’t detach from base for cleaning
- Nonstick coating scratches easily
7. Joyce Chen 22-9938 Pro Chef 10 Piece Excalibur Non-Stick Wok Set
This wok set includes a sturdy carbon steel Joyce Chen wok along with all the essentials you need to get started. For example, you’ll find a tempura rack, bamboo spatula, tongs, and chopsticks, along with a rice paddle, steaming rack, and recipe booklet. The nonstick finish ensures your food won’t stick, even if you use a minimal amount of oil.
If you don’t need a whole set, consider the Joyce Chen 22-0060 Pro Chef Flat Bottom Wok.
- Set includes all the essentials
- Nonstick surface
- Comes with 25 year warranty
- Some find the accessories a bit cheap
Find more Joyce Chen 22-9938 Pro Chef 10 Piece Excalibur Non-Stick Wok Set information and reviews here.
8. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Wok
The Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Wok stands out for its classic design, including sloped sides and a flat base, and optimal weight balance for delicious end results. Its flat base helps keep this Le Creuset wok steady on the stove. This wok has a tempered glass lid to help lock in moisture as your food cooks. Other highlights include an interior enamel that doesn’t need to be seasoned before use, along with a durable exterior enamel that won’t crack or chip.
- Flat base keeps it steady on the stove
- Tempered glass lid locks in moisture
- Chip-resistant exterior enamel
- A bit heavy
- Only available in one color
9. Calphalon 1948257 Signature Hard Anodized Wok
This Calphalon wok features a PFOA-free nonstick interior for easier food release and cleanup. It also has a flat bottom for even heat distribution and stability on the stovetop. High, sloped sides make it easier to stir fry and toss ingredients. The brushed stainless steel handle stays cool even when the wok is hot. Other highlights include a scratch-resistant surface that can withstand metal utensils, along with an included tempered glass lid.
Price: $99.95 (17 percent off MSRP)
- Nonstick interior
- Flat bottom
- Comes with a tempered glass lid
- A bit heavy
- Some find the handle can get hot
10. Aroma Housewares AEW-305 Electric Wok
Highlights of the Aroma Housewares AEW-305 Electric Wok include a generous 7-quart capacity and temperature control. The wok, which features a nonstick coating, also heats up quickly and consistently. Both the base and handles are designed to remain cool to the touch, regardless of how hot the wok gets when cooking. Its classic dome shape makes this electric wok a practical choice for stir frying and sauteing a variety of foods.
Price: $38.81 (14 percent off MSRP)
- 7-quart capacity
- Full temperature control
- Cool touch base and handles
- Doesn’t come pre-seasoned
- Base isn’t detachable
- A few mention temperatures don’t remain steady