College is already expensive. Add in the extra cost of furnishing your living space with dorm room essentials, and you may not have much left over to spend on a coffee machine. If you’re looking for a deal on a coffee machine for your dorm, we’ve got you covered with these budget-friendly coffee machines.
See Also: Cheap K-Cups
If you want more options, check out additional coffee machines on Amazon for a wider selection. You can also narrow it down by searching for discounts such as 25 percent off and 50 percent off select coffee machines. We’ve also rounded up the Top 10 Best Space Saving Coffee Makers for Dorm Rooms.
1. Hamilton Beach Brewstation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Machine
Some of the features that help set the Hamilton Beach Brewstation Summit 12-Cup Coffee Machine apart include single-hand dispensing along with an insulated tank to help keep your coffee fresh, even if you don’t plan to drink it right away. Instead of dealing with a carafe, you simply brew your coffee then dispense a delicious cup at a time. Not only does this provide fast and easy access to the coffee, it also means you won’t have to clean out a carafe afterwards. It’s easy to fill the removable tank. You can program it to brew ahead of time so that you can enjoy a fresh cup of your favorite coffee when you wake up.
Price: $49.00 (18 percent off MSRP)
- Carafe-free design
- Fast and easy single-handed dispensing
- Doesn’t include a travel mug
- Several mention pouring water in isn’t the easiest task
- Can be tricky to fit tall mugs
2. BLACK+DECKER CM1160B 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
This affordable coffee machine features a 12-cup capacity along with technology that allows you to sneak a cup of coffee before the brewing process is complete. A removable brew basket allows for easier cleaning. Other features include a digital clock with controls and an water window so that you can keep track of the water level. There’s also an auto brew function along with a 24 hour auto-brew feature.
Price: $19.99 (33 percent off MSRP)
- 12-cup capacity
- Removable brew basket
- Digital clock with controls
- A few mention an initial plastic smell
- Doesn’t alert when coffee is ready
- Some find it tough to read the water level
3. Mr. Coffee TF4 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker
If you’re looking for a simple and affordable space-saving coffee maker, consider this Mr. Coffee unit. All you need to do is add your favorite coffee, turn it on, and brew 1 to 4 cups. The coffee machine automatically pauses if you decide to grab a cup before the brewing process is finished. Other features include on/off indicator lights along with a water window so that you can key an eye on the water level. The filter basket easily lifts out for simple cleaning.
- Simple design
- Auto-pause feature for grabbing a cup while coffee is brewing
- Water level window
- Filter can sometimes get folded when coffee is brewing
- A few mention the indicator lights seem dim
- Doesn’t automatically shut off
4. BLACK+DECKER DCM600B 5-Cup Coffeemaker
Although it’s compact enough to fit onto your countertop, this coffee maker has a generous five cup, or 25 ounce, capacity. It’s a simple and affordable coffee machine that covers the basics. For example, there are water carafe markings to help you keep track along with a removable filter basket. The carafe is made with a durable glass material. Other color options include white along with black and chrome.
Price: $17.99 (5 percent off MSRP)
- 5 cup capacity
- Removable filter basket
- Available in several colors
- No auto-off
- Doesn’t use permanent filters
- No auto-pause feature
5. Bella BLA14436 One Scoop One Cup Coffee Maker
Simplify your morning routine with the Bella One Scoop One Cup Coffee Maker. All you need to do is add a scoop of your favorite coffee along with a cup of water then flip the switch to start the brewing process. Despite its compact design, this coffee machine has enough clearance to accommodate your favorite travel mugs. A permanent filter means you don’t have to waste paper, or deal with disposable filters after each use. All parts are dishwasher safe.
Price: $12.59 (37 percent off MSRP)
- Easy to use
- Comes with a permanent filter
- Has enough clearance to fit a travel mug
- Several note the cheap plastic construction
- A few mention the filter begins to break down over time
- Can take awhile to brew
6. Elite Cuisine EHC-2022 Maxi-Matic 4 Cup Coffee Maker
This small coffee maker takes up a minimal amount of space, making it a practical choice for college students and apartment dwellers. It’s also an affordable, bare bones appliance that will get the job done. If you don’t need anything fancy, consider this unit, which brews up to four cups at a time and includes a water level indicator to help you keep track. There’s also an on/off switch for added convenience. A pause and serve function allows you to grab a cup before brewing is complete.
- Includes an auto pause and serve feature
- 4 cup capacity
- Has an on/off switch
- Small pour spout
- Relatively slow brew time
- Some wish the permanent filter basket was mesh instead of plastic
7. Proctor-Silex 12 Cup Coffeemaker
This colorful coffee maker makes a cheerful addition to any dorm or apartment. Its 12 cup capacity is the largest among other budget friendly machines. Both the basket and carafe can go in the dishwasher. This machine also comes with an “on” switch that lights up once the machine is powered on. An auto pause and serve function lets you pour a cup during the brewing process without worrying about spills. Keep an eye on the water level through the visible water window.
- Colorful exterior
- 12 cup capacity
- Auto pause and serve
- Indicator markings are only on the right side of the handle
- Made entirely of plastic
- Questionable long-term durability
8. Aicok 10-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
If you’re tired of brewing coffee only to find that it quickly gets cold and needs to be reheated, consider the Aicok 10-Cup Drip Coffee Maker. This coffee maker is equipped with a keep warm function that automatically maintains a consistent temperature to keep your drink from getting cold. To get started, simply add your desired coffee to the filter basket then add fresh water, close the lid, and press the brew button. Water level mark indicators help you keep track of how much water is inside.
Price: $31.99 (54 percent off MSRP)
- Automatically keeps coffee warm
- One-touch control
- Comes with water level markers
- Lacks an auto-off function
- No auto pause feature
- Permanent filter is flimsy
9. Cuisinart DCC-450BK 4-Cup Coffeemaker
The adorable Cuisinart DCC-450BK 4-Cup Coffeemaker features a stainless steel carafe to help keep your coffee warm. The stylish carafe also gives the coffee maker an upscale appearance despite its affordable price tag. You can brew up to four cups per session. The machine features a drip-less pour spout along with a knuckle guard. A pause function lets you sneak a cup mid-brew. Other highlights include auto-off and a handy indicator light when the machine is on.
- Stainless steel carafe
- Dripless pour spout
- Knuckle guard
- Carafe can get hot
- Some say the warming plate coating chips off over time
- Doesn’t have a timer
10. iCoffee Single Serve Express Steam Brew Coffee Maker
You can brew up to a 12 ounce cup in this coffee maker, which comes with a reusable brewing cup for added convenience. During the brewing process, the machine spins, steams, then stirs contents. You can expect a cup of your favorite beverage in less than a minute. The coffee maker is compact and won’t take up much space on the counter or table. Other features include a removable tray and BPA-free material.
Price: $41.99 (68 percent off MSRP)
- Brews up to 12 ounces
- Spins, steams, and stirs contents when brewing
- Includes a reusable brewing cup
- A few struggle with the initial priming step
- May need to brew twice for stronger coffee
- Some find it tricky to empty the water reservoir