Glass food storage containers are becoming an increasingly popular alternative to plastic containers, which tend to break down relatively quickly and generally aren’t recommended for the microwave or dishwasher. Glass food storage containers come in a variety of shapes and sizes. You’ll find smaller containers that are ideal for snacks, along with larger ones that can fit an entire meal. Some also have dividers.
Aside from size, certain features might come in handy. For example, some containers have vented lids that can go in the microwave, while others aren’t microwave safe. There are also containers designed for the oven. If you prefer not to wash your containers by hand, be sure to check out dishwasher safe containers.
We’ve rounded up our top picks for the best glass food storage containers below. If you don’t see what you need, check out additional glass food storage containers on Amazon for more options.
1. Snapware Total Solution Food Storage Set
This 24-piece set offers a variety of storage solutions for dorm room living. You’ll find square, round, and rectangular containers along with accompanying lids that snap securely into place. Sizes range from 1-cup to 4-cup capacities. The lids are also airtight and are designed to keep contents from spilling. Containers and lids are safe for the microwave and freezer as well as the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Lids snap tightly into place
- One to four cup capacity
- Microwave, dishwasher, and freezer safe
- A few mention the lids could be easier to stack
- Some wish there was a larger capacity option
- Plastic material may crack over time
2. Elacra Glass Food Storage Containers
If you don’t want mountains of storage containers lying around, consider these Elacra Glass Food Storage Containers. You’ll get three containers in total. Each container comes with its own airtight lid with a rubber seal to prevent leaks and spills. As an added bonus, each lid is a different color. One unique feature of these containers is their dual compartment design. They’re also oven safe up to 725 degrees Fahrenheit. The containers are oven and microwave safe, but the lids are not.
Price: $17.84 (49 percent off MSRP)
- Dual compartment design
- Each container comes with its own lid
- Lids are different colors
- Divider doesn’t go up to the top to keep liquids separated
- Hand washing recommended
- Lids aren’t oven or microwave safe
3. Vremi Glass Food Storage Containers
With small, medium, and large sizes available, along with an assortment of colorful matching lids, you’ll be able to quickly locate the container size that you need and secure the contents for transportation. The BPA-free lids are airtight and snap on tightly. They’re also vented for microwave heating. The borosilicate glass containers are oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. However, you should remove the lids first. The set is dishwasher and freezer safe. Sizes range from 1.3 cups to 4.3 cups.
Price: $32.99 (53 percent off MSRP)
- Wide range of sizes
- Vented lids for microwave heating
- Set is dishwasher and freezer safe
- A few mention it’s tough to properly close some of the lids
- Lids aren’t oven safe
- Several mention the glass can get quite hot in the microwave
4. Anchor Hocking Classic Glass Food Storage Containers
These glass food storage containers don’t have many restrictions. You can use them in the microwave, freezer, and oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. They’re also dishwasher safe. If you do place them in the dishwasher, keep in mind that the lids are only safe for the top rack. This set nests together for easier storage. The lids can also be stacked. While the lids snap firmly into place and are fitted to keep contents from spilling, they’re also easy to remove. A 30-piece set is also available.
- Set is safe for the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher
- Containers are oven safe up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Set nests together
- Some find liquids can leak out
- Set includes more smaller than larger pieces
- Plastic lids can crack over time
5. Premier Store ‘N Lock Glass Food Storage Container Set
These BPA-free glass food storage containers are ideal for storing leftovers and preserving food. You can use them to store dry food as well as liquids thanks to the airtight locking lids. Despite their tight seal, these lids don’t retain odors. They’re also scratch proof. The entire set is safe for the freezer and dishwasher. While the containers are oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, the lids are not. You can also microwave the containers without the lids. The square containers range in sizes from 12 to 27 ounces. The rectangle containers are 20 ounces.
Price: $21.80 (27 percent off MSRP)
- Won’t scratch or retain odors
- Containers and lids are safe for the freezer and dishwasher
- Set includes various sizes and shapes
- Lids aren’t safe for the microwave or oven
- Containers are relatively small
- Rectangle-shaped containers don’t nest
6. Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers
The Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers are designed for portion control and for taking your favorite foods on the go. These containers come with three separate compartments along with a cutlery compartment. As an added bonus, there’s a reusable cutlery set in each lid. Unlike the lids in this set, the glass containers are safe for the dishwasher, microwave, and freezer. They’re also oven safe up to 230 degrees Fahrenheit.
Price: $24.99 (38 percent off MSRP)
- Ideal for portion control
- Containers have three separate compartments
- Reusable cutlery set in each lid
- Only comes in one size
- Lids aren’t safe for the microwave, freezer, dishwasher, or oven
- Liquids can spill over the section dividers
7. Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Glass Food Storage Containers
This 22-piece set is also available in 6-piece, 8-piece, and 10-piece sets. The containers are made with tempered glass material and can be used for cooking and storage. If you’re short on storage space, you’ll appreciate how the lids snap to the container bases along with other lids. As an added bonus, the containers also nest to make storing food easier. The storage containers are safe for the freezer, microwave, dishwasher, and oven up to 425 degrees. The lids keep liquids from spilling with a single press that forms an airtight seal.
- Containers made with tempered glass material
- Lids snap to bases and other lids
- One touch seal keeps liquids from spilling
- Lids only come in one color
- Only containers are microwave safe
- Lids aren’t stain and odor resistant
8. Utopia Kitchen Glass Food Storage Container Set
This glass food storage container set comes with a total of nine containers and nine lids. If you don’t need so many containers, consider the 6-piece square set or the 6-piece round set. The containers are made with durable borosilicate glass, while the lids are polypropylene for added durability. Each lid has four latches for an airtight seal that keeps liquids from spilling. Both the containers and the lids are microwave safe, as long as the lids aren’t fully closed. You can also place the containers in the oven. While each piece is dishwasher safe, it’s best to keep the lids on the top rack.
Price: $23.99 (52 percent off MSRP)
- Lids come with latches to create airtight seals
- Set is microwave safe
- Containers made with durable borosilicate glass
- Lids are only one color
- Some find the lids crack over time
- Containers don’t come in various sizes
9. Pyrex Simply Store Food Storage Set
If you’re looking for a variety pack, consider the Pyrex 18 Piece Simply Store Food Storage Set. The set, which is also available as a 12-piece set and a 14-piece set, round and rectangular containers. Sizes range from 1-cup to 7-cup containers. Each container is made with a durable glass material that’s safe for the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher. You can also use the glass containers in a preheated oven. The containers won’t stain, lose their shape over time, or retain odors. The lids are safe for the top rack of the dishwasher.
Price: $28.85 (36 percent off MSRP)
- Set includes various sizes and colors
- Durable glass construction
- Containers won’t stain or retain odors
- Lids aren’t safe for the freezer or microwave
- Some say the lids crack easily
- A few mention the lids don’t fully protect against liquid spills or leaks
10. Popit! Glass Set
The Popit! Glass Set comes with six containers and six lids. You’ll find containers ranging in size from 1.5 cups up to 6.8 cups. The container is safe for the freezer and dishwasher. If your food requires higher temperatures, the containers are safe for the oven and microwave oven. The containers are heat resistant up to 750 degrees Fahrenheit. Airtight lids keep food fresh for longer, and contain liquids to help prevent spills.
Price: $29.99 (25 percent off MSRP)
- Wide range of container sizes
- Containers are oven safe up to 750 degrees Fahrenheit
- Odor and stain resistant material
- Lids are only one color
- Some find it tough to get all four sides of the lids to clamp down
- Lids may eventually crack
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.