Nice luggage doesn’t have to be expensive. In this list, we look at some great baggage options that won’t break the bank. This includes travel totes, luggage sets, carry-ons, and backpacks. All of these items are affordable and among the best in their class. A few factors to consider when buying luggage are how much capacity you need, whether or not you need wheels, and whether or not this bag will be used as a carry-on. If you’re traveling internationally, always be sure to double check the dimensions, as international carriers are particularly strict and there are some slight variations.
That said, for most people, this is an awesome set of bags that will work for the vast majority of travel situations. Here’s the 10 best cheap luggage options for travelers.
1. Toupons Travel Tote
Dimensions 20.8″ x 11.8″ x 9.8″ | Weight 2.9lbs |
For those who want a travel tote that’s masculine and has a comfortable shoulder strap, this affordable Toupons model is an excellent choice. Boasting a solid size as a weekender bag, gym bag, or for similar capacity use, it doesn’t just look good- it looks swanky. It’s praised for its solid number of pockets and decent quality zippers. This is a good choice if you want an affordable bag that looks great.
Price: $29.99 (67 percent off MSRP)
- Said to be a perfect size
- Praised as masculine and attractive bag
- Shoulder strap is comfortable
- Excellent choice for overnighter, gym tote, or weekend bag
- One user found it smaller than expected
- A small percentage of users had issues with durability
2. Rockland Luggage Two Piece Set
Dimensions Main bag: 20.87″ x 8.66″, Tote Bag: 14″ |
In terms of capacity, this Rockland two piece set is extremely hard to beat. These are two lightweight bags that seriously won’t break the bank. They’re described as a great set for kids and small vacations. Another nice perk: the expandable zipper allows one to pack a little something extra. Users love them for their solid build quality and bargain price.
- Lightweight and said to be good for international travel
- Great size for two to three days of vacation
- Expandable zipper allows for more capacity when needed
- Called a great set for kids
- Small bag fits on top of larger bag
- If weight isn’t distributed evenly, the bigger bag doesn’t stand on its own
- Some users complained about the smell
3. Rockland Melbourne 20-Inch
Dimensions 22″ high x 9.25″ wide | Weight 7.3lbs |
Another Rockland product, but this single bag offers a lot of value. For those who like “spinners,” this bag has four high-quality wheels, meaning moving about the country is as easy as it gets. It’s lightweight and has a solid capacity. It should work as a carry-on on virtually any airline. Plus, it looks great to boot. This is a great buy for a reasonable price.
- Quality and exterior is praised
- Should be compatible with all airlines as carry-on
- Great capacity; fits clothes for five days
- Lightweight for its size
- One user found bag to be a different color than expected
- Some users had issues with the handle
- A small percentage of users had durability issues
4. US Traveler Rio Two Piece
Dimensions 21.5″ x 13.5″ x 7.5″, 11″ x 15″ x 6″ | Weight 6.6lbs |
For those who want a different look, this two piece has a price that’s tough to beat. The colors are attractive and bright meaning this isn’t a bag one will lose track of on the baggage carousel. These bags have strudy zippers, solid durability, and handy exterior pockets. They come in a variety of colors and aren’t too heavy either. Plus, the small bag stacks onto the larger one for easy movement throughout the airport.
- Attractive and bright color
- Very durable for the price; One user only had an issue after 100s of trips
- Sturdy zippers with smooth wheels
- Called a great value
- One user found it smaller than expected
- Only two wheels, some people prefer four
5. Kenneth Cole Reaction (Editor’s Choice)
Dimensions 8.5″ x 21.8″ x 14.5″ | Weight 6lbs 7oz |
With an attractive look, high quality wheels, and a rugged exterior, this is a bag that will age well at an affordable price. It’s larger than some other carry-ons, but it should fit on most carriers. It’s lightweight, looks great, and can handle the inevitable beating it will take from luggage handlers (aka throwers). This is the Editor’s Pick because it checks all of the boxes and at this price, that’s asking a lot- but this bag delivers.
Price: $49.99 (51 percent off MSRP)
- Great capacity
- Larger than other similar carry-ons
- High quality wheels that spins moothly and rotate
- Described as light as a feather
- Said to be an awesome value for the price
- One user had an issue with a handle after six months
- A small percentage of users had an issue with the wheels
6. AmazonBasics 20″/24″/28″ Hard Spinner
Dimensions 20 x 15 x 8 | Weight 10.3lbs (shipping weight) |
AmazonBasics is a great brand. This may not be the most stylish or unique bag, but for those who want raw practicality, it’s hard to beat. It boasts expandable zipper, a protective hard shell case, and is an acceptable carry-on for most airlines when it’s not expanded or overpacked. If it appeals to you, it’s also available in a 24″ size or 28″ size. This bag is very comparable to the Reaction bag above, but lacks a little bit less style and cool factor. It is equally if not more practical, however.
- Expandable for up to 15% more traveling capacity
- Protective hard shell with scratch-resistant material
- Four wheel spinners for easy movement
- Acceptable carry-on size on most airlines when not expanded or overpacked
- Telescoping handle was sticky for a small percentage of users
- Around one percent of users had an issue with the durability of the wheels
7. J World Rolling Backpack
Dimensions 9″ x 13″ x 18″ | Weight 4.5lbs |
For kids or anyone comfortable toting around a rolling backpack, this J World model is great. Boasting large wheels for increased stability, a telescoping handle, and compatible with being a carry-on for most airlines, it’s not just handy, it’s real luggage. Plus, many kids love the design and look. The backpack form factor has its benefits as well, meaning your stuff is easier to access. The water bottle side holder is also a nice additional touch.
- Large wheels for increased stability
- Telescoping handle is easy to use and built durably
- Loved by kids for easy transportation
- Works as a carry-on on most airlines
- One user had an issue with the handle getting stuck
- A small percentage of users had an issue with durability
8. Samsonite Wheeled Underseater
Dimensions 13″ x 13″ x 9″ | Weight 6lbs 9oz |
These wheeled underseater is a great speed demon with a an awesome build quality and very small size. While it offers decent capacity, it’s more of a weekender than anything else. Still, it’s got a great build quality, and if you’re the type to avoid having to fight for an overhead bin, this bag will make your life easier and last a long time.
Price: $65.59 (14 percent off MSRP)
- Great small bag that’s easy to take around
- Sturdy and fits conveniently under the airline seat
- Praised as great size for short trips
- Side pockets or other additional storage
- Two wheels only
- Slightly on the heavy side
9. Samsonite Luggage Winfield Spinner
Dimensions 20″ x 13.5″ x 9.5″ |
For those who want to look classy and have a spinner, the Winfield offers a built-in lock, an expandable main section, and high-quality smooth wheels. Users love it for its solid build and compatibility with most airline’s overhead compartments. Plus, it’s a looker to boot. That said, one reason not to get this bag is that it is prone to scratching somewhat easily; that’s to be expected when a bag has a shiny, attractive exterior. If you’re not one to be bothered by that, then this is the bag for you.
Price: $80 (8 percent off MSRP)
- Side mounted TSA-compatible lock
- Expandable for added carrying capacity, expands to 23″ x 14.5″ x 9.5″
- Fits in many airlines’ overhead compartments
- Praised as very durable
- High quality and smooth wheels
- Scratches easily
- A small percentage of users had an issue with the zippers
10. Merax Travelhouse Luggage Set
Dimensions 20″, 24″, and 28″ |
This affordable luggage set boasts a bright look that makes its bags hard to miss on the baggage carousel. Plus, each bag has telescoping handles and silent rotating wheels. They’re sturdy and lightweight, and the manufacturer backs them up for two years. Now that’s a bargain. For someone looking to be one and done with a luggage set, this is a great option. If you’d like to see more options, check out our full article on the best, cheap luggage sets.
- Includes two year warranty
- Praised as sturdy and lightweight
- Color praised as making luggage noticeable on the luggage carousel
- Multi-directional silent & rotating wheels
- Telescoping handles
- A few users had issues with durability
- One user had an issue with the strap on the inside
Still looking for the right cheap luggage options? Browse more top-rated luggage on Amazon.
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.