Getting a good suitcase set is a great way to solve one’s luggage needs in one fell swoop. These luggage sets are bound to please everyone from the cheapos, to the value seekers, to those who want luggage that isn’t just great but also expresses their personality. These sets range from five to three pieces, but three pieces is the most standard number. Some factors to consider are durability, rigidity, and look. If you want the most durable, long-lasting baggage, it’s advised that you move beyond the earliest (and cheapest) items on the list. Rigidity varies per bag, but in general, the more expensive bags are a bit more rigid. Either way, there’s not a bad bag on the list and there’s one for any and all budgets.
Here’s the 10 best luggage sets for any budget from lowest to highest price.
1. CoolLife Luggage Suitcase 3 Piece Set
Dimensions One 20″ | Two 24″ | Three 28″ |
If you just need the basics and aren’t a frequent traveler, then this CoolLife Three Piece set is a great deal. Boasting a two year warranty, light weight, and solid quality wheels, these bags are more than just stylish, they’re practical too. Users love them for their cheap price and decent quality. Don’t expect a “buy-it-for-life” purchase, but these suitcases will get the job done.
- Two year manufacturer warranty
- Great for international travel
- Lightweight with good quality wheels
- Attractive look
- Can get stress marks if treated roughly
- One user had an issue with the lock button
2. TravelCross Columbia Luggage 3 Piece
This TravelCross Columbia set boasts three excellent pieces for taking your goods around the planet. Made of durable, lightweight material with 360 degree spinning wheels and a TSA-approved keyless lock, they’re an affordable and solid quality kit. That said, they’re not as rigid as some expected so they may not be best for transporting sensitive goods. Still, with smooth rolling wheels and an expandable capacity, they’re hard to beat for the price.
Price: $149.90 (12 percent off MSRP)
- Made of durable material, 100% lightweight
- TSA-approved keyless locks
- 360 degree spinning wheels
- Praised as attractive and well-built
- Great capacity
- One user didn’t find it as hard as expected
- Some found luggage on the thin side
3. Rockland Luggage Three Piece Set
Dimensions One 28″ | Two 24″ | Three 20″ |
For those who want that chic luggage look, these leopard print bags offer a great look and solid performance. Boasting multi-directional spinning wheels, a lined interior and an interior pocket, they’re a great way to move your things about the country in style. Users love the compliments they draw and their ability to be easily picked out on the baggage carousel.
- Multi-directional spinning wheels
- Praised as extremely cute
- Draws many compliments from fellow airport-goers
- Easy to spot on the baggage carousel
- A small percentage of users had issues with durability
- Challenging to put inside of each other for easy storage; one user advises paying attention to how they come initially to replicate this
4. American Flyer Silver Clover 5 Piece
Dimensions One 18x13x28 – 11.4lbs | Two 16x11x24 – 9.7-lbs | Three 14x10x20 – 8.25-lbs | Four 18×8.5×12 – 2lbs |
For those who need more than a few bags, this American Flyer Silver Clover 5 piece offers a great deal. Boasting five bags of varying size (smallest bag’s size was not provided), they offer many options to the enthusiastic flier who simply needs to travel with a ton of stuff. Users love the variety and durability. Plus, they nest inside of each other for easy storage.
Price: $198.16 (62 percent off MSRP)
- Praised as affordable with solid quality
- Great durability with variety of size options
- Sturdy construction with decent wheels
- Doesn’t show scuffs
- Luggage nests for easy storage
- One user felt that bags couldn’t handle cobblestone streets
- One user didn’t like appearance relative to pictures
5. Hauptstadtkoffer Three Piece Luggage Set
Dimensions One 28″ | Two 24″ | Three 20″ |
Known for their high-quality German engineering, these bags boast TSA-friendly locks and smooth rolling wheels. They’re praised as attractive and have strong casing, meaning they should do a solid job of protecting anything sensitive inside of them. Two minor drawbacks affect this set including the large weight of the biggest bag, almost 10lbs, and their exterior which can scratch easily. Still, they are heavy-duty and that’s why they’re well, heavy.
- TSA-friendly locks
- Sturdy, well-built and very durable
- Wheels roll smoothly
- Strong casing is protective of contents
- Praised as attractive
- Nice, black interior finish
- Heavy bags; largest one weighs almost 10lbs
- Can be scratched easily
6. Samsonite Omni 3 Piece Set (Editor’s Choice)
Dimensions One 20″ | Two 24″ | Three 28″ |
Samsonite’s Omni series may not pop off the baggage carousel with its simple, down-played aesthetic, but these bags are undeniably attractive. Boasting a modern look with great craftsmanship, high quality wheels, and a large capacity, they are a no-frills, but excellent quality choice. For those who want luggage that will last at a great price, this is the way to go and that’s why they’re the Editor’s Choice.
Price: $244.99 (48 percent off MSRP)
- Durable and lightweight luggage set
- Modern look with superb craftsmanship
- Largest piece can handle large amount of weight
- Spinning wheels are durable and smooth
- Smallest piece’s telescoping handle is on the flimsy side
- Somewhat showy of cosmetic damage
- One user had an issue with checking the largest piece on an airline
7. Nautica Tide Beach 3 Piece
Dimensions One 32″ | Two 22″ | Three 12″ |
For those who want luggage that looks as good as it handles, this Nautica set is a stunner. Each case boasts four wheels that rotate and spin smoothly. Users love their durability, though they can still get scuffed, especially by rough airport personnel. Still, despite some minor blemishes that may happen, these are rigid and reliable cases that will last a long time. Plus, they’re on the lighter side. This is a great set to go with if you want something good looking and well-built.
Price: $309.95 (6 percent off MSRP)
- Four wheels that spin for easy handling
- Lined interior with zipper curtain
- Lightweight and roll smoothly
- Praised as durable
- One user complained of scuff marks after one use
- Some wished there were pockets to hold things like a boarding pass or wallet
8. Timberland Boscawen Three Piece
Dimensions One 32.1″ | Two 22.1″ | Three 12.1″ |
Boasting a 5-year warranty, awesome looks, and a light weight, this is one luggage set that’s bound to please. Their bright and unique design makes them easy to spot on the carousel and their tough exterior makes them a good buy for those who have sensitive goods. Still, they’re not exactly bulletproof; one user had the exterior of one of his cases crack after some time. That said, most love this luggage set for its look and extremely high quality and the vast majority suffered no issues of any kind. If you like the look and brand, this is a wonderful set to get and it’s backed by a serious warranty.
- Includes 5 year warranty from manufacturer
- Lightweight luggage with great capacity
- Exterior is resistant to scuffing and scratching
- Stylish look garners compliments from other passengers
- Unique design makes spotting them on the carousel easy
- One user had an issue with the durability of the luggage’s feet
- One user’s bag cracked
9. Samsonite Winfield 2 – Three Piece Set
Dimensions One 28″: | Two 24″ | Three 20″ |
If you want more than just Samsonite quality and you insist of having a piece of luggage that looks like it’s used to haul alien cameras, this Winfield 2 set is almost too modern. Boasting three pieces, a durable rigid exterior, and external combination locks, these are nice bags that don’t scrimp on features. They are a bit scuff-able due to their cool design, but for the most part, these are great, durable bags that will last a long time and look great to boot.
- Durable with tough handles
- Can hold large capacity of up to 70lbs
- Shiny and attractive look
- External combination lock is handy
- Keeps things secure and protected
- Carry-on only has a handle on top of the bag which can be awkward
- Can get scuffed up due to shininess
10. SwissGear NeoLite 3 Piece Set
Dimensions One 29″ | Two 25″ | Three 21″ |
These SwissGear bags are the endurance kings. This legendary brand makes things that simply last an extremely long time. Boasting high-quality telescoping handles, a front pocket which is useful for storage, and a bottom grab handle for those situations that demand lifting one’s whole bag. These are great bags for someone who is willing to spend a bit more now to save in the long run. They’re no-frills, but rock-solid.
- Legendary Swiss Gear durability
- Push button telescoping handle is very high quality
- Bottom grab handle for stairs and other situations where one needs to wield their bag
- Front pocket useful for storage
- Bags meet most airlines’ luggage requirements
- One user wished for more inside pockets
- Smallest bag does not have a laptop storage compartment
Still looking for the right luggage set? Browse more top-rated luggage sets on Amazon.
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook