Activision knows that its Call of Duty fanbase is always prepared for the next annual release in the series. Developer Treyarch has been given the keys to this long-running FPS staple once again. The end result? The 3rd game in the Black Ops storyline.
Those familiar aspects of quick movement, intense firefights and cinematic setpieces are set to be included in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. A batch of fresh features, such as specialized multiplayer characters, new special weapons, two huge Zombie Mode campaigns and more will help set this sequel apart from Advanced Warfare. We have tons more info to give you all before you pick up your digital assault rifles on November 6, 2015.
Prepare for another round of futuristic 1st-person shooting and zombie apocalypse survival in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.
1. The Story Campaign Features 4-Player Co-Op & Fully Customizable Characters and Unlockable Weapons
The Black Ops 3 campaign won’t just be a single-player affair. It features support for up to four players. Each player can fully customize their chosen soldier and even choose to make them a man or a woman. Just like the systems in multiplayer, you’ll be able to make your character stronger through the campaign’s progression system.
The unlock tokens your rewarded with goes towards funding new weapons and gear. If you’re seeking out a bigger challenge, the campaign offers the option to play under more “realistic” rules. So that means if you’re show once, you die. To get a glimpse into what this entry’s story is all about, check out the trailer above.
Note – Sadly, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of this shooter won’t feature the single-player campaign. Those versions will simply focus on the multiplayer front.
Buy the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Standard Edition Guide here.
Buy the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Collector’s Edition Guide here.
2. This Sequel’s Multiplayer Has an Emphasis on Nine Specialist Soldiers
Call of Duty is known for its addictive multiplayer suite. Black Ops 3 changes things up for the well worn online competitive multiplayer by making nine specialist characters playable. Each character comes with their own custom look, weapon and special ability.
Multiplayer also comes with new traversal maneuvers, such as running along walls, pulling off thruster boost jumps and swimming underwater. The gunsmith and weapon paint shop gives players a dizzying array of options to choose from when it comes to styling their firearms.
Here’s each of the nine specialist soldiers you’ll get to play as and their chosen weapon/ability:
– Ruin: he utilizes “Gravity Spikes” that create an explosive shockwave when jammed into the ground. His “Overdrive” ability allows him to get a speed boost
– Seraph: she heads into battle with a super powerful revolver called the “Annihilator” that fires penetration rounds. She can turn on “Combat Focus,” which powers an score multiplier for scorestreaks
– Nomad: his “Hive” weapon is a pod trap that releases killer nano drones. His special ability is called “Rejack,” which lets him recover from his last known death position
– Prophet: his preferred weapon of choice is a charge shot weapon that fires off arcs of electricity. These arcs can be chained to all nearby enemies. This weapon is known as the “Tempest.” Prophet’s special ability is called “Glitch,” which lets his instantly return to a previous position
– Outrider: she makes good use of a compound bow (“Sparrow”) that lets off bolts. The longer a bolt is drawn back, the more powerful it becomes upon release. These bolts have the ability to become explosive rounds. She relies on “Vision Pulse,” which reveals any enemies in range of her sonic pulse ping
– Reaper: this mechanical specialist wields a “Scythe,” which is a quad-barrel mini-gun. Reaper brings the “Psychosis” special ability into battle. This power lets this robot to confuse enemies by hacking into enemy systems and releasing three decoy reapers
– Spectre: Spectre equips the “Ripper,” which are two twin melee blades. On the special ability front, Spectre can throw on “Active Camo” to appear invisible on the battlefield
– Battery: this femme fatale employs the use of her “War Machine,” a devastating grenade launcher. Her “Kinetic Armor” encases her body in electrically charged armor
– Firebreak: the towering Firebreak uses a flamethrower called the “Purifier.” His “Heat Wave” ability gathers up a cycle of heat that’s then stored into a thermal charge that temporarily downs enemies
The video reveal seen above is all about a new mode being introduced to Call of Duty for the 1st time – “Free Run.” Solo players will have to use their verticality and fast movement to clear several traversal courses. These stages fall under four difficulty levels – beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert. You’ll be able to compare your finish times against other players on the leaderboards.
You can take a look at the pic posted above to see the in-game rewards that are available for eligible veteran players.
Buy the DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 – Call of Duty Limited Edition here.
3. Zombies Mode Returns With Two Separate Storylines and Their Own Set of Playable Characters
What would Call of Duty be without the fan favorite Zombies Mode? It should come as no surprise that this co-op portion of the game comes back in full form here. The 1st plot you’ll follow in Zombies Mode has been dubbed “Shadows of Evil.” Players will take control of four troubled individuals – Nero (Jeff Goldblum), Jessica (Heather Graham), Jack Vincent (Neal McDonough) and Floyd Campbell (Ron Perlman). They’re all transported from Morg City to sinister version of their home that’s filled with the undead. All the while, the Shadow Man (Robert Picardo) hangs in the background and aids the group of four.
The 2nd bit of Zombie Mode content focuses on a story dubbed “The Giant.” This time, players can step into the roles of four characters who appeared in the Black Ops 2 map “Origins.” Tank Dempsey (Steven Blum), Nikolai Belinski (Fred Tatasciore), Takeo Masaki (Tom Kane) and Edward Richtofen (Nolan North) have to down zombies and alter the timeline of their original conflict. This Zombie Mode campaign starts shortly after the events of “Origins.”
Buy the PlayStation 4 1TB Console – Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Limited Edition Bundle here.
4. A Special Collector’s Edition of The Game is Available
The most expensive and bonus goodies filled edition of Black Ops 3 happens to be the “Juggernog Edition.” Picking up this collector’s item will grant you access to the list of items seen below:
– a physical mini-fridge that features audio bits from the game
– “Perk-A-Cola” cup coasters with a custom tin
– access to the Season Pass
– a SteelBook
– limited edition concept art cards
– access to “The Giant” Zombies Mode campaign
– the downloadable soundtrack
– three weapon personalization packs: Weaponized 115, Cyborg and the Black Ops 3 pack
– access to the “NUK3TOWN” multiplayer map (pre-order bonus)
Buy the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Juggernog Edition – PS4 here.
Buy the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Juggernog Edition – Xbox One here.
5. Putting Down Your Pre-Order For The Game Gets You An Extra Multiplayer Map
Pre-ordering Black Ops 3 will give you added benefit of playing through the multiplayer map called “NUKE3TOWN.” This wide map places players in the year 2065 within a remodeled version of the classic map from the very 1st Black Ops. This once small map has now been developed with the new movement systems in mind, so there’s plenty of monuments to jump off and run along side of.
Buy Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 here.
Buy the Digital Deluxe Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 here.
Buy the Season Pass for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 here.