On Tuesday afternoon, former Oklahoma Sooners running back Brennan Clay took to Twitter to announce that he had apologized and forgiven his wife Gina D’Agostini, and that she did not have an affair with current Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray.
Here is what you need to know:
1. D’Agostini and Clay Were Married on July 19, 2014
2. The Incident Occurred in Late November and Clay Took to Twitter
On November 30, Clay took to Twitter to announce that his wife had been having an affair with Murray.
One of Clay’s tweets from that day:
“So Demarco Murray was having an affair with my wife ..I’m done.”
3. Clay is Very Religious and Doesn’t Hide It
The following link — https://www.facebook.com/ilovejesus24/about — is Brennan clay’s personal Facebook. The URL is: “IloveJesus24 — because the first 23 were taken. Clay also routinely attends church
4. A Series of Tweets Included Pictures of Text Messages Between His Wife and Murray
In her phone book, Murray is named as “Spray Tan.”
5. The Mysterious Clay’s Provocative Tweet Confirms the Apology
In this picture, it is clear that both he and his wife are cuddling on the floor, with no clothes on, and the picture is taken from an odd angle that makes it look like D’Agostini’s arms are long — a borderline uncomfortable picture — but it shows that the two have seemed to make up and put the events of late November behind them.