Football season is just about back. And that means it’s time to load up on new some gear. Football helmet visors are becoming more and more popular. Not only do they look stylish, but they serve many protective purposes. Many eyeshields offer anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings as well as UV protection. And, of course, they’ll prevent you from getting poked in the eye. Simply attach the visor to the facemask and you’re ready to hit the gridiron.
To be safe, you’ll want to check with your league to see if the visor you plan on getting is allowed to be used as some lenses aren’t approved by high school or various youth leagues. Most clear visors are legal, and this post focuses on those. But if you’re interested in getting a colored or mirrored shield, be safe and check with your coach.
Browse a wider selection of clear football visors for youth and adult helmets if this list doesn’t have what you’re looking for. But keep reading below to check out some of the most popular facemask eyeshields on the market right now.
1. EliteTek Football Eye-shield Visor (Clear)
The EliteTek Clear Football Eye-Shield Visor is approved for all leagues, including youth, high school, and college play. Featuring anti-fog and scratch-resistant coatings, the optical poly carbonate material also offers UV and blue light protection and helps cut down on glare. The durable visor has a simple two-clip system which can be attached and removed with ease. EliteTek’s visor fits both youth and adult helmets and comes with a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
Price: $24.99 (29 percent off MSRP)
- Approved for all youth, high school, and college games
- Anti-fog and scratch-resistant
- 100 percent money-back guarantee
- Attaching to Youth Extra Small and Small helmets may be difficult
2. Under Armour Unisex Football Visor
Under Armour Unisex Football Visor, which is approved by American Youth Football, is a lightweight, yet durable, visor made of a strong polycarbonate material. It’s an easy-to-install lens, featuring the universal fit and quick-release clips so you can simply attach and remove it to almost any facemask without any tools. It comes in two colors, clear and grey, but you’ll have to check with your league if the grey is legal for use.
Price: Clear color is $28.30 (29 percent off MSRP), plus $10.75 shipping
Grey color is $54.99
- Easy quick release clips, so tools required for installation
- Made of a strong polycarbonate material
- Might need a doctor’s note to use it in youth/high school leagues
- Some users felt it wasn’t useful in the rain (fogged up)
3. Barnett Football Eyeshield / Visor, Clear
Barnett Football Eyeshield / Visor has a clear lens with no tint and it’s approved for High School/CIF and youth league play. The two-clip system makes it easy and fast to attach and remove from both youth and adult size helmets. The lens features anti-fog and anti-scratch coating so you can expect the visor to hold up during all weather conditions. It also has UV and blue light protection and cuts down on the glare.
- Approved for high school and youth league use
- Fits both youth and adult helmets
- UV, blue light protection
- Some users felt the visor was thicker than most
- Some users had difficulty attaching the visor
4. Unique Sports Clear View Football Helmet Eye Shield
The Clear View Football Helmet Eye Shield from Unique Sports is approved for college and high school use. It features a highly durable, 3mm thick polycarbonate lens and has anti-fog and scratch-resistant coatings on both sides of the shield. The wrapping is designed to help cut down on glare and blindspots so your vision won’t be affected on the field. The shatterproof lens is easily attachable and removable and will fit most helmets.
- Made from shatter-proof polycarbonate
- Anti-scratch and anti-fog coatings
- Legal for College and High School play
- Might not fit every helmet (some youth sizes)
5. EliteTek Visor/Eye-Shield – “Hard Hitting No Quitting”
The Hard Hitting No Quitting Visor from EliteTek adds a touch of flare to your football helmet. The clear visor is high school and youth league approved and is a universal fit or your money back. It uses the two-clip system to easily attach to both youth and adult helmets. With anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings and UV and blue light protection, you’ll get a very durable lens which will protect your eyes from the suns harmful rays, while cutting down on glare to promote better field vision.
- Approved for high school and youth league play
- Anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings and UV protection
- Available in multiple designs and colors
- Might not fit all helmets
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.