For the first time in a long while, the New England Patriots aren’t projected to register 10 or more wins in an upcoming season. According to odds released on Wednesday via BetOnline, the Patriots are projected to grab between eight and nine victories during the 2020 season.
While the specific NFL schedule hasn’t been revealed, every team knows who they will be playing in the upcoming season. The dates and times are still yet to be determined. Considering the logistics of the season are still being worked out amidst the potential impact of COVID-19, the announcement of the schedule isn’t set to be revealed until around May 9.
- Follow the Heavy on Patriots Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors, and content!
Here is a look at the Patriots’ odds for every game on their 2020 schedule and the over/under for their win total.
The New England Patriots are Favored in 8, Dogs in 7, and One Pick’Em.
- New England Patriots +3 @ Buffalo Bills
- New England Patriots +1½ @ Houston Texans
- New England Patriots +8½ @ Kansas Chiefs
- New England Patriots pk @ Los Angeles Chargers
- New England Patriots +3 @ Los Angeles Rams
- New England Patriots -2½ @ Miami Dolphins
- New England Patriots -1½ @ New York Jets
- New England Patriots +4 @ Seattle Seahawks
- Arizona Cardinals @ New England Patriots -5½
- Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots +2½
- Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots -2
- Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots -5
- Las Vegas Raiders @ New England Patriots -6
- Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots -7½
- New York Jets @ New England Patriots -7
- San Francisco 49ers @ New England Patriots +2
Notable Underdog Games
The Patriots are underdogs on the road against the division-rival Buffalo Bills. It’s understandable to see the Pats at +3 considering the team is in a transition while the Bills are on the upswing. The 8.5-point underdog status on the road against the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs also stands out but it feels fair.
It is the largest odds in either direction on the Patriots’ schedule at this time, though things can obviously change as the 2020 season approaches. Perhaps most notably amongst the games that the Patriots are underdogs are the home contests.
At one point, beating the Patriots at Gillette Stadium seemed like a near-impossible task for most teams. However, according to these lines, the Patriots will be underdogs for two home games in 2020. They are listed as +2.5 point dogs against the Baltimore Ravens, and +2 point underdogs when Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers come into New England.
Patriots’ Playoff Chances
These odds should be taken with a grain of salt. The NFL draft, training camp, nor the preseason has taken place. There are still a few trades that will be completed that could dramatically alter the landscape as well.
That said, if there is some validity to the projected win total, the Patriots’ string of postseason appearances is in some serious jeopardy. If Bill Belichick can get this team to the postseason, it might be his best coaching job to date.