With two weeks left in the NFL’s regular season, the Defensive Player of the Year race is shaping up to be one of the tightest of all the end-of-year awards.
The FanDuel Sportsbook has the most recent odds up and it can be any number of players, including T.J. Watt, Micah Parsons, Trevon Diggs, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, and more, to take home the honor.
If you were wondering, yes, this is a bet you can place online.
FanDuel Sportsbook, a Heavy partner, is running a promotion for new users that guarantees a risk-free first bet up to $1,000. What that means is if your initial online bet with FanDuel doesn’t win, your losing wager will be refunded in the form of a free bet in the amount you lost. Your first wager doesn’t need to be on the NFL DPOY award; it can be any bet in any sport.
To get in on the action, you just need to sign up. Here’s how you do that:
2) Deposit funds into your account (a minimum of $10 is required).
3) Place the bet of your choice in any sport you’d like.
If you want to bet online, you must be at least 21 years old and physically present in one of the following 12 states: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia. You don’t need to reside in one of those states; you just need to be located in one if you want to wager online.
NFL Defensive Player of the Year Odds & Notes
The FanDuel Sportsbook has 11 players listed as candidates for NFL Defensive Player of the Year which can bet on.
Here are the players you can wager on and their odds to win:
- T.J. Watt, DE, Steelers (+185)
- Micah Parsons, LB, Cowboys (+200)
- Trevon Diggs, CB, Cowboys (+750)
- Aaron Donald, DL, Rams (+800)
- Myles Garrett, DE, Browns (+1200)
- Nick Bosa, DE, 49ers (+2000)
- Darius Leonard, LB, Colts (+10000)
- Jalen Ramsey, CB, Rams (+10000)
- Matt Judon, DE, Patriots (+10000)
- Kevin Byard, S, Titans (+10000)
- J.C. Jackson, CB, Patriots (+10000)
T.J. Watt, the younger brother of three-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt, leads the NFL with 17.5 sacks — and he’s missed to two games. FanDuel Sportsbook has him as the favorite at +185. But rookie Micah Parsons of the Cowboys is right behind him at +200. Parsons has dominated with 13 sacks, 60 solo tackles, and three forced fumbles.
Parsons’ teammate, cornerback Trevon Diggs, leads the NFL with 11 interceptions, two of which he has returned for touchdowns. His current odds to win the DPOY are +750.
Three-time Defensive Player of the Year and reigning winner, Rams DL Aaron Donald, is having another impressive season with 12 sacks and three forced fumbles. His odds to win the award are +800.
Rounding out the top five candidates is Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (+1200), who’s tied for third with 49ers DE Nick Bosa (+2000) at 15.0 sacks apiece.
Here are some other Defensive Player of the Year tidbits:
- Defensive linemen (DE or DT) have won the award 6 of the past 7 years
- Aaron Donald has won the award in 3 of the past 4 years
- Donald’s 3 wins are tied for most in NFL history (Lawrence Taylor, J.J. Watt)
- Only 1 defensive back (Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore in 2019) has won the award in the past 10 years
- 2 linebackers have won the award in the past 10 years