A new Pokemon Go update has just been released. What’s new in the latest version of the game?
The biggest change in Version 1.15.0 for iPhone and 0.45.0 for Android is the addition of daily bonuses. In order to give players an incentive to check in on the app every day, you will be rewarded for performing certain tasks during a 24 hour period. They’re all quite simple tasks that you’d likely be doing anyway, so it’s mostly just about reminding trainers to keep playing the game rather than giving them a real challenge.
The Pokemon Go daily bonuses are:
- Catch a Pokemon every day – 500 XP, 600 Stardust
- Catch a Pokemon every day for seven days straight – 2,000 XP, 2,400 Stardust
- Visit a PokeStop and spin the Photo Disc every day – 500 XP, plus additional items
- Visit a PokeStop and spin the Photo Disc every day for seven straight days – 2,000 XP, plus even more items.
Also in this new update is a change to the way the gym system works. From now on, when you take over an enemy’s gym, there will be a brief period of time when only you are allowed to station a Pokemon at that gym. Also, Niantic has increased the amount of prestige a rival gym loses when you defeat a gym member, and they’ve also lowered the amount of prestige you gain by training at a friendly gym.
Plus, as always, there are minor text fixes.
Here are the full patch notes from Niantic:
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.45.0 for Android and 1.15.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- You’ll earn bonuses for the first Pokémon catch and PokéStop visit each day. You’ll receive a larger bonus when you do this seven days in a row.
- When you defeat the Gym Leader at a rival Gym, there will be a brief period of time where only you will be able to place a Pokémon in the open Gym.
- The amount of Prestige a rival Gym loses when you defeat a regular Gym member has increased. The amount of Prestige gained by training at a friendly Gym has been lowered.
- Minor text fixes
The Pokémon GO team