The thought of choosing the right roasting pan can be daunting. If you’re just looking for a pan to use a few times a year, such as for Thanksgiving and other holidays, you may be able to get away with a basic, inexpensive pan. However, those who plan on using the pan frequently may benefit from the durability and features typically found in a pricier option.
As you’re browsing available roasting pans, pay attention to the pan’s construction, size, and depth. Thicker pans tend to offer better heat distribution and more even cooking than their thinner counterparts. Stainless steel is a solid choice for its dependable strength and warp resistance. Aluminum tends to conduct heat more efficiently but it can warp. Many of today’s options have nonstick coatings. In terms of size, keep in mind that shallow pans can cook food faster. However, a pan that’s too shallow can also invite spills. If the sides are too high the food may not cook properly.
If this list doesn’t have what you want, check out a wider selection of roasting pans. For more buying information, take a look at . The Best Roasting Pans: What To Look For And How To Choose, Picking a Roasting Pan to Use All Year, and How To Choose The Right Roasting Pan.
1. Calphalon Contemporary Hard Anodized Nonstick 16-Inch Roasting Pan with Rack 5 pc. Set
This nonstick roasting pan features a hard-anodized material for added durability. Although you’ll pay a bit more upfront for this type of construction, the material stands out for its enhanced abrasion resistance and longevity. There are three layers of nonstick coating on the inside to ensure that you can easily remove food when it’s ready. The stainless steel handles are made with brushed stainless steel and are triple-riveted for effortless turning and lifting. The rack holds up to a 25-pound turkey. A nonstick V-rack promotes optimal heat circulation for crisper browning. The set also includes two stainless steel lifters and an injection baster. This roasting pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees. A similar product, Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 14-Inch Roaster with Rack and Lifters, is also available. You can also opt for the Calphalon Classic Hard-Anodized Deep Roaster with Rack and Bonus Lifters and Baster or Calphalon Contemporary 16-Inch Stainless Steel Roasting Pan with Rack.
Price: $79.95 (53 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Calphalon Contemporary Hard Anodized Nonstick 16-Inch Roasting Pan with Rack 5 pc. Set here.
- Hard-anodized material for added durability
- Nonstick V-rack that can hold up to a 25-lb. turkey
- Set also includes two stainless steel lifters and an injection baster
- Handles are a bit small for oven mitts
- Nonstick coating can wear off over time
- Some say the surface scratches easily
Find more Calphalon Contemporary Hard Anodized Nonstick 16-Inch Roasting Pan with Rack 5 pc. Set information and reviews here.
2. Cuisinart CI1136-24BG Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan
This combination roasting and lasagna pan is ideal for a variety of cooking methods. For example, you can use it to sear a steak, cook a casserole, roast vegetables, and more. Cast iron material offers reliable heat retention, while the porcelain enameled interior won’t absorb odors or flavors. Another advantage of cast iron is its even heat distribution. There are wide cast iron handles on either side so that you can safely and comfortably grip the pan. You can safely use this roasting pan in the oven and broiler.This pan is also available in red. If you’re looking for a lasagna and roasting pan set, consider the Cook Pro 561 4-Piece All-in-1 Lasagna and Roasting Pan.
- Suits a wide variety of cooking needs
- Durable cast iron construction
- Wide handles
- Only available in two colors
- Some wish it was deeper
Find more Cuisinart CI1136-24BG Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan information and reviews here.
3. Precise Heat Multi-Baker/Roaster with Wire Rack
This 12-element multi-baker and roaster is made with a high-quality stainless steel material on the cover and base for added durability. Riveted handles make it easier to maneuver, even when full. One unique feature of this roasting pan is that it can be used for roasting on the stovetop so that you won’t have to waste energy by turning on your oven. You can use this pan to roast meat, poultry, vegetables, and fish. However, it’s also handy for making gravy and sauces. You can even use it as a water bath for puddings and custards if desired. When you’re ready to clean up, simply put it in the dishwasher.
- Can be used on the stovetop
- Lid and base feature special stainless steel construction
- Ideal for roasting, making sauces, and more
- A few complaints that the lid doesn’t fit properly
- Not ideal for larger (20+ lb.) birds
- Initially arrives with greasy coating from factory that needs to be cleaned with water and vinegar
4. All-Clad 51114 Stainless Steel Petite Roti Pan with Nonstick V-Shaped Roasting Rack
A distinctive feature of this roasting pan is its single-ply stainless steel construction with a polished surface. It also comes with a warp-resistant base for enhanced longevity. The stainless steel handles stand upright for easier maneuvering into and out of the oven. Each handle is securely fastened in place with stainless steel rivets. This 11×14-inch roasting pan comes with a V-shaped nonstick roasting rack and turkey lifters. The rack can be removed if necessary. Tall, straight edges keep spills and splatters at bay. This roasting pan can fit up to a 20-lb. turkey and is safe to use in the oven and broiler up to 600 degrees. Need a larger size? Consider the All-Clad 501631 Stainless Steel Large Roti Combo with Rack and Turkey Lifters. A less expensive alternative, All-Clad E87599 Hard Anodized Aluminum Scratch Resistant Nonstick Anti-Warp Base 16-Inch by 13-Inch Large Roaster Roasting Pan, is also available.
Price: $95.99 (40 percent off MSRP)
- Single-ply stainless steel construction
- Upright handles
- Tall, straight edges minimize splatters and spills
- Bottom of pan isn’t flat
- Not compatible with induction cooktops
Find more All-Clad 51114 Stainless Steel Petite Roti Pan with Nonstick V-Shaped Roasting Rack information and reviews here.
5. Chicago Metallic Non-Stick Roast Pan with Non-Stick Rack
This affordable roasting pan is a basic alternative for roasting smaller portions. The measurements are 13 x 9 x 2.25 inches. Handles on either side make it easier to transport the food once it’s done. There are also folded corners with wire rod reinforcements to help prevent warping. The nonstick coating is designed for easy release and is ideal for baking and clean-up. Some consumers find that coating the bottom with aluminum foil can keep food and juices from sticking to the bottom. The nonstick rack and pan are made with durable stainless steel material. A similar version, Chicago Metallic 26639 Nonstick Petite Broil & Roast Pan, is also available.
Price: $17.99 (10 percent off MSRP)
- Handles on both sides for easier transportation
- Includes nonstick roasting rack
- Folded corners with wire rod reinforcements
- Prone to rust
- Questionable long-term durability
- Bottom of rack can scratch pan
6. Cuisinart 7117-16PS Chef’s Classic – 16″ Stainless Steel Roaster Pan
Along with a stainless steel roasting pan, this set also comes with a turkey baster, two turkey lifters, a fork and knife for carving, and a meat thermometer. This is a large-capacity roaster that can fit into any standard size oven. The stainless steel U-rack is removable and promotes even heat circulation. The design also makes it enhances drainage of fats and oils throughout the cooking process. High-quality stainless steel material makes this Cuisinart pan a safe bet for durability. Wide grip handles make it easier to life and move this pan around, even when it’s full. If you don’t need all the extras, consider the Cuisinart MCP117-16BR MultiClad Pro Stainless 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster with Rack.
- Includes meat thermometer, turkey baster, and other essentials
- Large capacity
- Wide grip handles
- Some wish the material was heavier
- Finish can get scratched when using abrasive cleaning materials
- Handles stick out from the sides a lot
Find more Cuisinart 7117-16PS Chef’s Classic – 16″ Stainless Steel Roaster Pan information and reviews here.
7. Granite Ware 0509-2 18-Inch Covered Oval Roaster
This budget-friendly 18-inch oval roaster has enough room for a 12-lb. bird or a 15-lb. roast. The porcelain finish is nonstick for easier cooking and cleanup. A dimpled lid helps baste the food and ensures moist meals. You can use metal utensils on the surface without worrying about scratches. This roaster stands out for its durable carbon steel construction, which promotes even cooking and heating. Its dark color can even speed up cooking time. The oval shape of the pan and lid is optimal for poultry and roasts. This roasting pan is made in the USA and features side handles for simpler transportation. A Granite Ware 0511-3 Covered Rectangular Roaster 21.25 by 14 by 8.5-Inch is also available.
Price: $11.99 (52 percent off MSRP)
- Nonstick porcelain lid
- Dimpled lid keeps food moist
- Carbon steel construction
- Relatively thin material
- Lid won’t fit over larger birds
- A few complaints that the lid doesn’t fit properly
These top pressure cookers appeal to cooks of all levels and budgets.Click here to read more
8. Mauviel Made In France M’Cook 5 Ply Stainless Steel 5217.15 15.7 by 11.8-Inch Rectangular Roasting Pan and Rack
Professionals and household cooks can take advantage of this upscale 18/10 stainless steel roasting pan from Mauviel. The pan, manufactured in France, features a five-ply construction for high performance on a variety of cooking surfaces, including induction. The first layer is stainless steel and makes clean-up easier. An aluminum alloy layer follows, allowing even heat distribution. The third layer is aluminum while the fourth is aluminum alloy. A magnetic stainless steel exterior features a polished finish and is easy to clean. Pouring rims eliminate drips when pouring out liquids. The oversized handles are held securely in place with stainless steel rivets. This pan is oven safe up to 680 degrees. Similar options include the Mauviel Copper Roasting Pan with Rack and Mauviel M’Mini – SS Rectangular Roasting Pan.
Buy the Mauviel Made In France M’Cook 5 Ply Stainless Steel 5217.15 15.7 by 11.8-Inch Rectangular Roasting Pan and Rack here.
- 18/10 stainless steel construction
- Pouring rims eliminate drips
- Sturdy stainless steel handles
- Can be large for smaller ovens
- Some find the handles a bit too high
Find more Mauviel Made In France M’Cook 5 Ply Stainless Steel 5217.15 15.7 by 11.8-Inch Rectangular Roasting Pan and Rack information and reviews here.
9. Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 11-Inch x 15-Inch Roaster with Flat Rack
Overall value and performance is some of what this budget-friendly roasting pan has to offer. A removable flat rack raises up meats and poultry enough so that fats can drip away. You can use this pan for roasting vegetables and fish along with small turkeys and more. A durable carbon steel construction resists warping while ensuring that your food is heated up evenly. Both the interior and exterior are nonstick for easier cleaning. This pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees and comes with chrome-plated handles for added convenience. A similar option is the Cook N Home 02433 Nonstick Turkey Roaster with Rack.
Price: $20.90 (58 percent off MSRP)
- Removable flat rack
- Nonstick interior and exterior
- Chrome-plated handles
- Handles can be tricky to grab with oven mitts
- Rack isn’t nonstick
- Not dishwasher-safe
Find more Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 11-Inch x 15-Inch Roaster with Flat Rack information and reviews here.
10. Viking 16″ by 13″ by 3″ 3-Ply Mirror Finish Roasting Pan with Non-Stick Rack
This piece of Viking cookware stands out for its three-ply construction, including an aluminum alloy core for even heating. Heat is evenly distributed along the bottom and sides of the pan. The nonstick rack raises up meat for enhanced browning and is free from PFOA. This roasting pan is compatible with any cooktop. There’s enough room to layer vegetables or potatoes underneath as the meat cooks. Commercial-grade riveted handles provide a secure grip and are made with stay-cool material for safe handling. They’re also designed for optimal balance between the wrist, forearm, and pan for easier lifting. This pan is dishwasher safe and can be used in the oven up to 600 degrees. A Viking Oval Roaster with Metal Induction Lid & Rack is also available.
- Even heat distribution along bottom and sides
- Commercial-grade riveted handles
- Compatible with all heat sources
- A few complaints that rack coating chips easily
- Some find the inward-facing handles awkward