Marlon Brando’s first wife Anna Kashfi has died at the age of 80. She was a renowned actress in her own right, appearing in movies such as Battle Hymn with Rock Hudson and The Mountain with Spencer Tracy during the 1950s.
This is a breaking story so stay tuned for updates.
Here’s what we know so far:
1. Her death was first reported by TMZ. The gossip site says that she died in the town of Kalama, Washington.
2. Kashfi married Marlon Brando in October 1957 after meeting in the summer of 1956. The romance didn’t last long as they divorced in April, 1959. After their divorce, the couple got into a custody dispute over their only child, Christian. Full custody was awarded to Brando.
3. Her son, Christian, who died in 2008, also in Kalama. In 1990, Christian Brando killed his half-sister, Cheyenne’s boyfriend, Dag Drolet. Christian Brando had one child, Kashfi’s only grandchild, Michael Brando, who was born in 1988.
4. In 1974, Kasfi remarried to a man named James Hannaford.
5. She was born Joan O’Callaghan in India in 1934. Her father, who was Irish, had been working on the Indian railways as a superintendent.
Discuss on Facebook