Americans are saying farewell to 2021 and ringing in 2022! Unlike other major holidays, many retailers tend to keep their doors open for New Year’s Eve and/or New Year’s Day. That’s the case for Kroger, which is one of the largest supermarket chains in the country.
However, that’s not the case for pharmacies located inside Kroger stores. Pharmacies are closing at 6 p.m. on December 31 and will remain closed on New Year’s Day, per Kroger’s website.
Kroger Is Open for Regular Hours on New Year’s Eve & Day
Shoppers can expect Kroger stores to be open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day for their regular hours, according to Kroger Addict and Parade.
Kroger is consistent about letting shoppers know if there is any change to the regular schedule. The company always puts a note at the top of the website’s home page if there is a schedule change. For example, before Christmas, Kroger noted that all stores planned to close by 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve and would stay closed on Christmas Day. However, as of December 30, Kroger did not have a message listed on its website that would indicate a schedule change for the New Year holiday.
In addition, Kroger always puts these kinds of notices in its weekly ads. Those can be accessed by clicking on “Weekly Ad” on Kroger’s home page. The ad that is valid from December 29 through January 4 does not mention any reduced hours for the grocery store.
You can double-check the closing times for your local store by using Kroger’s online locator tool here.
Christmas Day is the only holiday of the year when Kroger closes. The company usually closes early on Christmas Eve and Thanksgiving but stays open for regular hours on all other holidays.
Kroger Typically Shares Recipe Ideas to Help Ring in the New Year
Kroger clearly enjoys the holidays and always has a section dedicated to recipe ideas on its website. Some of the recipe ideas included on Kroger’s dedicated New Year’s page include:
- Oven Roasted Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin
- Pasta with Scallops and Champagne Cream Sauce
- Truffled Macaroni and Cheese
- Champagne Cream Mini Trifles
- Prosciutto, Fig and Arugula Flatbread
Celebratory drink ideas for adults include:
½ cup water
¼ cup sugar
½ cup gin
½ cup pomegranate juice
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1½ cups champagne
2 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds, for garnish
1. In small pot over high heat, bring water to boil. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. In large cocktail shaker with ice, combine simple syrup, gin, pomegranate juice and lemon juice.
3. Shake cocktail mixture; strain into 4 glasses. Top each with champagne. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Blackberry Champagne Sparkler:
¼ cup honey, in ramekin
¼ cup silver or gold sugar sprinkles, in ramekin
2 containers blackberries, divided
5 sprigs rosemary
1 bottle champagne, divided
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1. In a saucepan over high heat, combine 1 cup blackberries, sugar and 1 cup champagne. Bring to boil then simmer 12-15 minutes. The berries will turn bright in color and the liquid should turn to a syrupy consistency.
2. Scoop our berries and discard. Let syrup sit 10 minutes or so to thicken.
3. Dip rim of champagne flute into honey then into sparkly sugar. Pour champagne into glass about ¾ full. Add 4 tablespoons blackberry syrup. Garnish with rosemary and fresh blackberries.
READ NEXT: Who Is Actress Bette Midler’s Husband?