6. A New Pokemon Game is Coming
Pokémon Battle Trozei, a sequel to 2006’s Pokemon Trozei for DS, is coming out on March 20, 2014 for $7.99 in the US through the 3DS eShop. This release will head on over to the UK under a different moniker (Pokemon Link Battle) and will also hit the 3DS eShop on March 13, 2014. This new title will adopt the elements of the hit mobile RPG/puzzler Puzzle & Dragons and will also feature all 718 Pokemon. 4-player co-op will be available upon release.
7. New Characters Are Hitting The Track in Mario Kart 8
Bowser’s infamous Koopalings will be the newest characters added to Mario Kart 8. Check out their debut trailer above. Kart racing fans can expect to play this on their Wii U on May 30, 2014. Mario Kart 8 will also be available for download through the Nintendo eShop as well.
8. Game Boy Advance Games Are Making Their Way to the Wii U Virtual Store
Later this spring, a slate of Game Boy Advance classic will be available on the Wii U Virtual Store. Those titles (which will arrive in April 2014) are:
– Metroid Fusion
– Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
– Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Several other unannounced GBA games will also be launching alongside these downloadable titles every month after April.
9. A New Game Trailer for Monolith Soft’s X Was Debuted
Some brand new scenes of battle gameplay for Monolith Soft’s X RPG were finally showcased in the above video. This game’s battle system is based on the one seen in Xenoblade Chronicles for the Nintendo Wii.
10. New Footage for Bayonetta 2 Was Shown
Everyone’s favorite witch got to star in new trailer that closed this edition of the Nintendo Direct livestream. The over-top-action (and nonsensical storyline) were the elements that on display in the video seen above.
Here are some of the extra announcement that were made during this Nintendo Direct livestream:
– NES Remix 2 is scheduled to be launch on the Wii U eShop on April 25, 2014 for $14.99
– Players can unlock a new, free bonus game called Super Luigi Bros., which is based on the original Super Mario Bros. challenge level form the first NES Remix
– Ubisoft’s Child of Light RPG is coming to the Wii U on April 30, 2014 for $14.99
– A bunch of new eShop 3DS games was announced – Inazuma Eleven (Available Now, $19.99), Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball (April 2014), WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE (February 20, $7.99)
Discuss on Facebook