The best dab nails are durable (even under extreme temperatures), and preserve the flavor of your concentrates.
Don’t break another nail. Read on to discover the best dab nails available right now.
(Or check out our guide to the best dab rigs — some of which come with quartz bangers included.)
||Price: $9.80 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $24.00 Shop now at Smoke Cartel||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $10.50 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $30.09 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $27.99 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
1. Best for Optimal Dab Flavor: ERRL Gear Quartz Domeless NailPrice: $9.80Pros:
- Quartz delivers most flavorful dabs
- Heats up quickly
- Domeless design makes dabbing easier (no vapor dome required)
- Cools down quickly
- Can break if dropped
- Not as durable as titanium
Simply put, choosing a quartz nail will provide the best flavor in your dabbing experience. That’s why dab connoisseurs prefer quartz bangers or nails over any other material.
A quartz banger is just a quartz nail that’s shaped like a tiny bucket, or a cylinder with the top cut off. This model features the cylindrical shape of a quartz banger. Many dabbers prefer this shape, because, depending on the consistency of your concentrate, you may not even need a dab tool. You can just drop your cannabis concentrate into the quartz banger and dab on!
This nail is also domeless, which similarly simplifies your dabbing experience. (With a domeless nail, you don’t need a vapor dome.)
This quartz nail fits all 14.5mm male joints. This is a common size for dab rigs, but you’ll want to double-check your joint size! (This dab nail is slightly less versatile than others on this list, which are designed to fit dab rigs of multiple joint sizes.)
Quartz nails are also the quickest to heat up with your dab torch. You won’t be sitting there blasting your nail with fire for as long as ceramic or titanium nails. Of course, quartz also cools down the quickest, so you’ll probably need to re-heat your nail between dabs.
But that’s a small price to pay, according to most dab connoisseurs, for superior flavor.
However, if you need a more durable or versatile nail (or if you’re interested in a titanium e-nail), read on for our picks in other materials.
2. Best Quartz Dab Nail: Smoke Cartel Domeless Quartz Dab NailPrice: $24.00Pros:
- Domeless dab nail design is easiest for beginners
- Quartz leads to more flavorful dabs
- Comes in every common dab rig joint size (select size at checkout)
- Some dabbers prefer to cover nail or banger with cap (not domeless)
- Not as thick as some nails
- Direct inject design does not include a reclaimer (feature that captures runoff oil from entering rig)
This Smoke Cartel Domeless Quartz Dab Nail stands out because it features a classic direct-inject design, and it will fit any dab rig you’ve got.
You can select 10mm, 14.5mm, or 18.8mm joints. Those are all the most common joint sizes on most dab rigs. You can also select male or female joints.
It also includes fast, free shipping (in the US). Customers appreciate the sturdy packaging and excellent customer service.
This quartz nail heats up quickly, because the glass isn’t very thick. But at 2 mm thick, it’s thick enough to be durable.
3. Best For Taking Several Dabs in a Row: G-Spot Domeless Ceramic Oil NailPrice: $10.50Pros:
- Ceramic nails hold heat longer
- Domeless nail made of ceramic is perfect for multiple dabs
- Fits both 14.5mm or 18.8mm joints (most common sizes on dab rigs)
- If you drop it, ceramic may crack
- Less flavorful dabs than quartz (but better flavor than titanium)
- Less durable than titanium
This G-Spot Domeless Nail stands out because it’s ceramic, which holds heat well. This allows you to take your time, and even to take multiple dabs without grabbing your torch again.
This is also a domeless nail. Domeless nails are easier to work with, so they’re also preferable if you like to take multiple dabs at once. Avid dabbers almost exclusively swear by domeless nails.
Ceramic nails also provide better flavor than titanium, which can impart a metallic tinge to all your concentrate vapors.
This is versatile because it will fit dab rigs with female joints that are either 14.5mm or 18.8mm.
While some ceramic nails are less durable, this concentrate nail can withstand temperatures up to 1600 degrees, thanks to its nonporous material.
4. Best E-Nail: ERRL Gear Domeless Titanium Electronic NailPrice: $30.09Pros:
- E-nails allow you to set your desired temperature
- No butane torch required
- "6 in 1" design means it fits any dab rig joint
- Domeless design for easier dabbing
- Grade 2 Titanium means it's virtually indestructible
- You must purchase heating wand separately
- Heating wands for e-nails can be very expensive
- E-nails are not exactly super portable
- Titanium nails can impart a metallic flavor
This ERRL Gear nail stands out because it’s an e-nail. Electronic nails are considered the pinnacle of dabbing connoisseurship — if you can afford them.
This e-nail may not seem expensive on its own. But you have to buy the heating wand separately. This could run you over a hundred bucks.
But electronic nails allow users to accurately control temperatures, setting their desired temperature with a digital gauge. You can experiment to find your optimal temperature for vaporizing hash, wax, oil, shatter, rosin, and live resin. Plus, they eliminate the need for butane torches.
This is also perfect for high-tech dabbers — and for everyone who wants to share multiple dabs over an extended period of time. There’s no reheating the nail with your torch every time.
However, e-nails require a certain degree of caution and responsibility. They can reach temperatures upwards of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. They may not be ideal for anyone with pets or children in their home.
(Dab torches, of course, also reach extreme temperatures. However, there are dab torches available with reliable, parent-approved safety locks. We’ve included some of these parent-approved models in our guide to the best dab torches.)
This electric dab nail will fit any dab rig, because it’s a 6-in-1 universal nail. It’s easily interchangeable with any dab rig, because it fits 10mm, 14.5mm and 18.8mm male and female joints.
- When you’re shopping for your heating wand, keep in mind that this e-nail will fit both 16mm and 20mm heating wands.
5. Best Ultra-Durable Nail: Oil Pan Domeless Titanium NailPrice: $27.99Pros:
- Made from Grade 2 Titanium for durability
- Fits both 14.5 and 18mm joints
- Easy to clean, thanks to an oil pan that unscrews
- Oil pan features 6 vapor inlets
- Domeless design makes dabbing easier
- Titanium heats up faster than other nail materials
- Titanium may not always deliver as clean flavor as quartz bangers
- Oil pan design is not as deep as some bangers
- More expensive than some nails
This Oil Pan Titanium Nail stands out because it’s made from titanium, which is considered one of the highest quality materials when you compare the best nails for dabbing. It’s also domeless, which eliminates the need for a vapor dome. (Eliminating the need for a vapor dome makes dabbing a little bit easier.)
It’s also versatile, designed for use with multiple dab rigs. It fits both 14.5mm and 18.8mm female glass-on-glass joints. These are the two most common sizes for glass joints on dab rigs, so you’ll almost definitely be able to make this domeless titanium nail work with your existing rig.
It’s made from Grade 2 titanium, which guarantees durability. This is also the only grade of titanium you want in a titanium nail, for health reasons. (Lower-grade titanium can release byproducts under intense heat.)
Experts agree that titanium nails will last you the longest because they’re virtually unbreakable. So while this might cost more than some other nails, you can rest assured it’s money well spent.
Most cheap dab rigs come with glass nails. But glass nails, dabbers agree, will break almost instantly. That’s because glass can’t withstand extreme temperature changes (which are sort an essential part of dabbing, thanks to high-powered butane dab torches).
With this durable nail, you won’t have to worry about it breaking.
Plus, the spacious oil pan features six vapor inlets, making for a smooth dab. The oil pan also unscrews, which makes it easy to clean. Some users noticed a little bit of their concentrate dripping down below the oil pan, but they found it easy to recycle this material for their next dab.
Very few nails include these advanced features, like cooling ridges and vapor inlets. This is an advanced titanium nail, and it should last you a long time. Happy dabbing!
Why didn't we include any super cheap nail for dabbing?
Because cheap nails are made of glass, and glass nails break. Almost instantly. Because dab torches are hot, and glass nails aren't built to withstand that kind of heat.
You should only get a glass nail if you enjoy breaking your dab nails.
Maybe you love puns. Maybe you love to say to your friends, "What, you broke a nail? Oh no, better get a nail file!" And then snicker to yourself.
In that case, knock yourself out. Buy cheap glass nails in bulk.
But this list was developed for serious dabbers. To compile it, we spoke to some of the sharpest minds in dabbing.
This is a whole new sort of nail file.
Disclaimer: Heavy Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs and may receive a commission if you purchase a product via a link on this page.