The best Volcano vaporizers are made by Storz and Bickel. This company revolutionized the vaporizer market when they released the Volcano over 20 years ago.
Today, their iconic tabletop vaporizer is still considered one of the best weed vaporizers available. But the masterminds at Storz and Bickel haven’t stopped innovating. Read on to discover the best Volcano vaporizers and Volcano accessories available right now — and get ready to make your Volcano hits even better.
||Price: $529.99 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $22.99 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $249.99 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $274.99 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
Amazon Customer Reviews
||Price: $6.99 Shop at Amazon||Shop now Read our review|
1. Storz & Bickel “Volcano” Desktop VaporizerPrice: $529.99Pros:
- The original vaporizer which, in 2000, launched the entire vape industry
- Today, two decades later, Volcanos are still widely considered the best vaporizers available
- I've used one regularly for years, and can't rave about it enough (see review for details)
- Detachable balloon design may be healthiest way to toke ever invented (no heat on lungs)
- This latest model includes LED screen and liquid pad for concentrates
- Not portable (must be plugged in, and weighs nearly five pounds)
- Expensive (but it will last forever!)
- If neighbors see you inhaling from a balloon, they may think you're doing nitrous
We can’t talk about Volcano vaporizer accessories without talking about the flagship product: the Volcano Desktop Vaporizer itself.
It’s the original vaporizer which, in the year 2000, altered the course of stoner history forever.
Two decades later, the iconic Volcano still towers over the vaporizer industry.
If you’re acquainted with serious cannabis connoisseurs (or you spent time in well-appointed dorm rooms or weed dealers’ homes in the early 2000’s), you’ve probably already tried a Volcano. It’s something of a stoner initiation rite: the act of passing around the detachable balloon filled with cannabis vapor, enjoying flavorful puffs.
I should probably confess that I own a Volcano, which was purchased off a dude on Craigslist several years ago. I use it several times per week (okay, several times per day), and it shows no signs of slowing down, thanks to the advanced German engineering in its cone-shaped base.
I have had to replace the balloon a few times. But the balloons are only about ten bucks each. Aside from replacing the balloon (maybe every couple years, when you notice vapor leaking out of it), your Volcano should last forever, with zero maintenance needed.
I also believe the Volcano is one of the healthiest ways to toke, period. Thanks to its innovative design, zero heat enters your lungs. This sets the Volcano Desktop vaporizer apart from nearly every other vape ever invented (and, obviously, every method of smoking). When you flip the switch, the heat passes over the cannabis material you’ve put in the screened chamber. But you aren’t inhaling anything yet. You’re just watching your balloon swell and expand as it fills with vapor.
(Pro tip: Use your hands to gently help your balloon become vertical as it fills. This will help your balloon last longer.)
Then you detach the filled balloon, and go recline wherever you’d like to relax with some vapor. The vapor will not escape from the balloon until you’re ready, because it can only be released when the mouthpiece is pressed in.
(Bonus: This design also makes the Volcano PERFECT for anyone who likes to toke mid-yoga sesh. Taking a hit while upside-down? Not a problem, with your light and easy balloon.)
By the time you take a sip of air from the ergonomic mouthpiece, the vapor has entirely cooled. The heat has disappeared — but the flavor remains. Your lungs will be thrilled.
The only drawback is that the Volcano is not designed to be portable. Though I did know someone in the early 2000s who, on road trips, would plug his Volcano into his car, and forego the balloon entirely: the vapor would simply fill the car. (We do not recommend this, for obvious reasons.)
But I like that this is called a “desktop” vaporizer, as if it belongs on a desk.
This Volcano includes an LED screen for changing the temperature, which makes it much fancier than my Volcano. (On older models, you just twist a knob.) I like to raise the temperature when I’m vaporizing the same ground herb a second time, to squeeze as much goodness out of it as I can.
This set also comes with a “liquid pad,” for vaporizing concentrates.
If you like to enjoy cannabis at home, you will love your Volcano for many years to come. I know I will.
2. Storz & Bickel Brand Easy-Valve Volcano Balloon Replacement BagPrice: $22.99Pros:
- Replacement volcano bags from Storz and Bickel brand
- Easy valve system prevents vapor from leaking out before you press mouthpiece in
- One bag (with valve) per purchase
- Brand-name volcano bags are more expensive than versions available on Amazon
- Only one bag per pack
- You could save money by purchasing in bulk
This Storz & Bickel Brand Volcano Balloon Replacement Bag stands out because it’s made by the actual Storz & Bickel brand (the same brand that makes the Volcano).
You can also buy cheap knockoffs on Amazon. This brand-name version costs a bit more, but you can rest assured that it’s high quality.
We’ve also included the cheaper Amazon version (which is less than half the price, because it comes with several bags per pack).
3. Storz & Bickel “Plenty” Portable VaporizerPrice: $249.99Pros:
- 6 foot power cord and ergonomic handle for easy passing in groups (while harnessing the power of the Volcano)
- Stainless steel Helix Cooling Coil for perfectly chilled, smooth hits
- 3-year warranty
- Unlike Volcano model, it does not have an inflatable bag of vapor
- Temperature control is analog, not digital
This Storz & Bickel “Plenty” Portable Vaporizer stands out because it’s a wall-outlet powered vaporizer that’s designed for easy passing among friends.
It has an ergonomic handle and a 6-foot power cord, so you can easily pass it around while it’s still harnessing the power of a Volcano you know and love.
The oversize chamber means you can pack plenty of herb. Plus, when you inhale through the stainless steel Helix Cooling Coil, you’ll enjoy perfectly cooled hits with practically no resistance.
Plus, you can rest assured that your Plenty vaporizer will stand the test of time: This unit comes with a 3-year warranty.
4. Storz & Bickel “Crafty” Portable VaporizerPrice: $274.99Pros:
- Portable design that delivers powerful, consistent hits
- From the makers of the Volcano (the tapletop vaporizer that launched entire industry), with 2-year warranty
- Works with concentrates as well as traditional dried herb
- Not the smallest portable vaporizer ever (6 x 7 x 1.5")
- May take longer to heat up than some other portable vapes
This Storz & Bickel Crafty Portable Vaporizer stands out because it’s a portable vaporizer made by Storz & Bickel, the geniuses behind the legendary Volcano tabletop vaporizer (which, around the year 2000, vaulted vaporizers into mainstream cannabis culture).
This engineering behind this simple, portable vaporizer is the result of two decades of research and development at the forefront of vaporizing technology.
This unit contains Storz & Bickel’s signature conduction/convection oven. Despite its convenient, portable size, this vaporizer heats up in under three minutes, and delivers consistent heat.
It also comes with a very user-friendly app for your smartphone. You can change the heat settings, and check on the battery level, from your phone. (You can also control the LED light settings and haptic feedback.)
With this vaporizer (unlike a tabletop Volcano vaporizer), you can vaporize liquid concentrates as well as traditional ground herb.
5. Best Volcano Vaporizer GrinderPros:
- Super cheap
- Made by Storz and Bickel
- Designed to make perfect amount of ground fluffy bud to vaporize evenly in your Volcano
- Made from plastic
- Only comes in orange
- Many connoisseurs frown on plastic weed grinders
This Storz and Bickel grinder stands out because it’s designed to grind the perfect amount to fill the herb chamber on a Volcano.
Hundreds of happy Volcano users swear by this tiny plastic grinder. Many of them seem surprised by what its orange plastic teeth can do.
That’s because metal grinders are generally considered superior. (For more information, check out our guide to the best weed grinders available.)
But it grinds the perfect amount, to the perfect consistency, for use with your Volcano vaporizer.
Is every volcano vaporizer a dry herb vaporizer?
Storz and Bickel (the makers of the legendary Volcano) are best known for dry herb vaporizers. (A dry herb vaporizer means you can vape traditional flower, or "bud," instead of just concentrates.)
However, you can also use the "liquid pads" includes in this article to vaporize concentrates as well. If you want to vape your favorite extracts through your volcano, you'll need these pads. Otherwise, the melting concentrates would drip through the mental screen, and screw up your fantastic (and expensive) device.
Disclaimer: Heavy Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs and may receive a commission if you purchase a product via a link on this page.