Well, it has been a week, hasn’t it WWE fans.
Don’t worry, it’s not over yet. We’ve got all the info from this week’s SmackDown taping in Indianapolis, Indiana, complete with results and spoilers on what’s to come.
Of course, Roman Reigns is going to have to deal with the fallout of his RAW battle with Triple H. While the feud between Dean Ambrose and Brock Lesnar is hitting its stride as well. The road to WrestleMania is in front of us and things are only going to get better from here.
Read on for all the results from this week’s SmackDown, including a confirmation that The Undertaker will appear on next week’s RAW. Here we go:
- Triple H opens the show, walking to a podium in the ring and quoting “Sympathy for the Devil” by the Rolling Stones. He brags a bit about his absolute beatdown of Roman Reigns on RAW and proclaims that he’s going to win at WrestleMania.
- Sheamus, Rusev, King Barrett and Alberto Del Rio defeat Neville, Dolph Ziggler, Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto. That’s right, King Barrett got time in the ring and was even carried off on the shoulders of his League of Nations teammates as a post-match celebration.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens stages a backstage interview with Renee Young. He offers Dean Ambrose a rematch and boasts that he beats everyone he challenges. Big Show makes an appearance and says he hasn’t beaten him yet. Owens taunts him with retirement jokes. They set up a match for later.
- D-Von Duddly took down Jimmy Uso in one minute after Bubba Ray Dudley interfered.
- Mark Henry joins forces with AJ Styles and Chris Jericho as part of a three-man tag team.
- Kevin Owens does end up defeating the Big Show by count out.
- In the Divas division, Natalya defeated Becky Lynch by DQ when Naomi and Tamina Snuka run down. Tamina superkicked Natalya and Sasha Banks then joins the fray, helping Lynch. Then, WWE Divas Champion Charlotte appears (flanked by her father Ric Flair) and announces Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks for RAW next week.
- R-Truth defeated Heath Slater, but only with some help from Goldust.
- AJ Styles, Chris Jericho and Mark Henry defeat The New Day after another strong performance from Styles. He pulled the Calf Crusher to force Xavier Woods to tap out. The new trio mockingly danced to end the show. Naturally.
WWE SmackDown airs at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday on the USA Network.