Tonight is the 2017 Super Bowl and fans are gearing up for the biggest game day of the year in football. The Falcons are playing against the Patriots and Lady Gaga is the headlining halftime performer. Get all the details on the location of the Super Bowl this year, along with other game day information.
DATE: February 5, 2017
KICK-OFF TIME: 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT
STADIUM: NRG Stadium, formerly Reliant Stadium
ADDRESS: 1 NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054. The NFL reports the stadium to be located within the Inner Loop of the southern portion of Interstate Loop 610, between Kirby Street and Fannin Street.
UBER DROP-OFF/PICK-UP LOCATION: According to the NFL, the Uber drop-off and pick-up location is in Maroon Lot 14.
TAXI DROP-OFF/PICK-UP LOCATION: Taxis will be able to pick-up and drop-off passengers in the Brown Lot, which is west of the stadium.
COORDINATES: 29°41′5″N 95°24′39″W
SECURITY SCREENING: Leave time for delays when entering the stadium. Gates open and security screening starts at 1 p.m. local tie.
CAPACITY OF STADIUM: 71,795 – 80,000 people
FIRST OPENED DATE: August 24, 2002
SIZE: 1,900,000 square feet with a 97,000 square feet playing surface
PROHIBITED ITEMS INSIDE STADIUM: According to the NRG Stadium official website, the following are prohibited from being brought into the stadium by game day goers:
– Bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags/draw string bags that are not clear or exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, luggage of any kind, computer bags, binocular cases and camera bags, and large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers.
– Alcohol (unless purchased at an NFL venue)
– Animals (except assistive animals)
– Banners or signs
– Beach balls
– Beverage (unless purchased at an NFL venue)
– Containers of any type (aerosol cans, coolers of any size, bottles)
– Food not purchased at an NFL venue
– Illegal substances
– Laptop computers
– Laser lights and pointers
– Mace or pepper spray
– Motorized scooters and skateboards
– Noisemakers and horns
– Poles, sticks and selfie sticks
For additional transportation and local information surrounding the Super Bowl, click here for the NFL’s FAQs.