Putting is one of the more difficult — if not, the most difficult — aspects of golf. It takes hours and hours of practice to become a good putter. Not everyone has the time to get out to the golf club and roll putts. And sometimes the weather doesn’t always cooperate. But indoor putting mats help eliminate those problems.
These mats are a great way to practice your putting. They help you with all aspects of your stroke, including accuracy, firmness, and consistency. Find a spot in your house or office — you’ll probably need upwards of 12 feet — unroll the surface and put away. Indoor putting greens with golf ball returns let you practice as much as you’dd like and not worry about going to retrieve the putt from the cup — the ball return takes care of that. Less time walking, more time putting.
Browse a wider selection of indoor putting greens with golf ball return mechanisms if list doesn’t have what you’re looking. But keep reading below to see some of the most popular and highest-rated indoor putting mats below:
1. SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green With Ball Return
The SKLZ’s Accelerator Pro combines a functional, real feel mat in a compact design. Measuring 9 feet long and 16.25 inches wide, you’ll get a true roll feel on every putt, as the surface is very similar to what you’d find on an actual golf course. Use the three alignment guides at 3, 5, and 7 feet to really hone in on your accuracy and consistency at different distances. The durable putting surface a slight upslope at the cup and an automatic golf ball return.
- Three alignment guides to help with consistency
- Portable at 9 feet long by 16.25 inches wide
- Upslope at the cup and true roll surface
- The hill slope can’t be adjusted
- Left-handers might find the ball return awkward as the golf balls will roll toward your feet
2. RamiVox Golf Putting Green Mat With Ball Return For Home Use Dual-Track ProEdge System
RamiVox Golf Putting Green packs a lot of uses and services into a portable, durable mat. Extra long at 10.5 feet, the mat features 2 holes — in 2 different sizes — to help with accuracy and consistency. The holes are on an upslope and that will force you to hit your putts with a little more authority to prevent leaving them short, which nobody wants to do. The hole with a smaller cup has an alignment guide to help with precision. The surface is much like you’d find on a golf course green, so you’ll be getting a true feel on every putt. And the durable mat can be rolled up for easy storage and transport. It has a convenient hole to store your putter and another nice touch is that 3 golf balls are included.
Price: $59.99 (25 percent off MSRP)
Buy the RamiVox Golf Putting Green Mat With Ball Return For Home Use Dual-Track ProEdge System here.
- Has 2 holes and includes 3 golf balls
- Rolls up for easy storage
- Can be used both indoors or outdoors
- On the pricey side
- Folding the mat time after time might lead to eventual creasing in the mat
Find more RamiVox Golf Putting Green Mat With Ball Return For Home Use Dual-Track ProEdge System information and reviews here.
3. LevelGolf Dual-Track ProEdge Indoor Putting Green
The Dual-Track ProEdge Indoor Putting Green by LevelGolf is designed to improve your accuracy and consistency every time you step on the green. Featuring a two-hole system, the extra long mat (10.5 feet) promotes precision putts. A standard golf hole measures 4.25 inches wide. The LevelGolf putting green’s holes measure 3 and 2 inches wide. Practicing on holes that small will undoubtedly help you when you hit the real green. The two-inch hole has a tracking line to help with accuracy. And there are helpful distance markings at 4, 6, and 8 feet so you can practice those short putts, too. Also, the Adjustable Gravity Ball Return rolls the ball to the specific length of putt you are practicing from. That’s a pretty convenient feature. Lastly, the holes are situated atop a slight ramp, which is designed to aid in preventing leaving your putt short. The durable, true roll turf mat can fold for easy storage.
- Two smaller hole system to promote accuracy
- Distance markings at 4, 6, and 8 feet with a tracking line
- Adjustable Gravity Ball Return rolls the ball to the specific length of putt you are practicing
- Some users experienced issues with the mat creasing, affecting golf ball path
- Narrow width makes the putting green catered to better players
4. Golf Putting Mat — Premium Wooden Putting Green
If you’re willing to spend a little bit more for your putting mat, this premium wooden putting green adds a touch of style and looks most others don’t have, as most are made of plastic. It will look great in either the home or office. The durable mat has the feel of an actual putting green and rolls up simply for easy storage and transport. The two-hole system features two different sized holes (smaller than standard golf holes) to help with accuracy and consistency. The entire device measures 110.5 inches long with a putting surface of just under 9 feet and it’s 11.5 inches wide. The Premium Wooden Putting Green comes with a 100 percent money back guarantee.
- High-quality wooden frame
- Folds up for easy storage
- 100 percent money back guarantee
- On the pricey side
- No distance markings
5. Jef World Of Golf Hazard Deluxe Putting Mat
If you’re looking for a little something different, the Jef World Of Golf Hazard Deluxe Putting Mat features a “sand trap” and “water hazard” to help you work on your accuracy. Don’t worry, it’s not real sand or water, just an illustration. But it just adds a little more fun and challenge to your practice. The cup is a standard 4.25 inch wide hole, the same that can be found on actual golf courses. The non-directional turf provides a real green feel and with the cup being on top of the slight ramp, it will encourage you to develop a firm, solid stroke.
Price: $23.73 (5 percent off MSRP)
- Includes hazards to improve accuracy
- Inclined ramp designed to help prevent leaving putts short
- Features only 1 cup (regulation 4.25 inches wide)
- No alignment aids or distance markers