FanDuel Sportsbook is now taking online sports bets in New York State.
FanDuel’s new user promotion is a risk-free first bet up to $1,000. If your first bet on the site loses, your account will be credited the amount you lost in the form of a free bet.
Thursday afternoon, the New York State Gaming Commission confirmed online sports betting will launch on Saturday. This makes New York the 13th state to have FanDuel Sportsbook live online sports betting.
If you’re physically present in any part of New York, you will now be able to legally place online wagers on sporting events.
If you want to get in on the action, keep reading and we’ll let you know all the details on getting started.
First off, you’ll need to download the FanDuel Sportsbook App, which is available for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android users. Both downloads are free.
How to Download the FanDuel Sportsbook App for iOS
Getting the FanDuel Sportsbook app for iOS only takes a couple of minutes. Just do the following:
1) Go to the App Store and search “fanduel sportsbook”
2) Click on the app and hit “download”
3) It will download and install on your device automatically
4) Click the FanDuel icon to open the app
How to Download the FanDuel Sportsbook App for Android
It’s just as easy and quick to get the FanDuel Sportsbook app for Android users. Follow these steps:
1) Go to the Google Play Store and search “fanduel sportsbook”
2) Click on the FanDuel Sportsbook & Casino app
3) Hit “install” and it will download automatically to your device
4) Click “open” or find the icon on your device to enter the app
If you’re going to be using a mobile phone when placing bets, it’s recommended using the FanDuel app as it’s user-friendly and easy to navigate through.
Create a FanDuel Sportsbook Account
Now that you’ve downloaded the FanDuel Sportsbook app, it’s time to get an account. The steps are the same for both iOS and Android users and you’ll set up in just a couple of minutes.
FanDuel is running a promotion for new users that offers a risk-free first-time bet of up to $1,000. If your first bet doesn’t win, your account will be credited whatever your losses were in the form of a free-bet. You don’t need to bet $1,000, if can be any amount you’d like, but there is a $5 minimum wager rule.
Also, your first bet can be on any sport, any style available.
1) Go here Create a FanDuel Sportsbook account, then hit the “Bet Now” button. You’ll be asked a few questions in order to verify who you say you are, your age (must be at least 21 years old), and your location (you need to be in a state that has legalized online sports betting). You’ll also need a username and password.
2) Now make your initial deposit of at least $10. FanDuel accepts a number of different payment options, including Venmo, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Online Banking/ACH, and FanDuel Prepaid Cards.
3) Browse the site and decide what bet you want to make first. Again, bets have a $5 minimum.
Sports You Can Bet on With FanDuel Sportsbook
There are currently over 15 sports in which you can place online wagers on with FanDuel. Some are mostly known domestically, but there are also a handful or so of international sports available to bet on, too.
Here are the sports you can bet on right now:
- Aussie Rules Football
- Auto Racing (NASCAR, Formula One, IndyCar)
- Baseball (MLB, international leagues)
- Basketball (NBA, WNBA, NCAA, international leagues)
- Football (NFL, NCAA, CFL)
- Ice Hockey (NHL, international leagues)
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Soccer (MLS, World Cup, UEFA, EPL, other international leagues)
- Table Tennis
- Tennis (ATP, WTP, ITF & Challenger)
As you can see, there are plenty of options when it comes to sports and events. Other major events can also be wagered on when they are in season, including Olympics, World Cup (men’s and women’s) and other soccer tournaments, March Madness NCAA Basketball Tournaments, and much more.
FanDuel Sportsbook even took wagers on the 2020 Presidential election.
Is FanDuel Sportsbook legal in New York? Find out here.
As you can see, you won’t have a problem finding a sporting — or non-sporting — event to bet on.
Types of Bets Offered by FanDuel Sportsbook
If you can think of a bet, you can likely wager on it with FanDuel Sportsbook (probably).
While different sports have different kinds of bets, there are some of the “basic” bets that all sports have in common.
These are some of them:
(Point) Spread: A bet on the margin of victory. You take the favorite, team with (-) sign next to it or the underdog (+).
Moneylines: A straight up bet on the winner of the game.
Total (Over/Under}: A bet on the total points scored in a game — you take the over (above the set number) or under (below the number).
Parlays: A combination of multiple bets to increase your odds.
Props: Unique bets on either individual players or teams in a particular game.
In-Game Bets: Bets placed after a particular game has already started.
Futures: Bets placed on future contests (examples: winner of the 2022 Masters or 2022 World Series).
Same Game Parlay: This new features allows you to combine multiple bets from one matchup or team into a single parlay.
These are just some of the most popular bets. When you do pick the particular event or game you want to bet on, you’ll see a “More wagers” button. Click on that and it’ll open the door to plenty of more betting options for that event/sport.
How to Make a Withdrawal With FanDuel Sportsbook
So you’ve fattened up your FanDuel account after some big wins and you want to take some of that money out. You can withdraw money a number of ways, including PayPal, FanDuel Prepaid Card, Check, Venmo, and Online Banking.
Just follow these steps:
1) Log in to your account.
2) Click “Withdraw” and choose the amount you want to receive.
3) Then choose one of the withdrawal options.
There are different waiting periods for each option:
- PayPal or Venmo can take up to 48 hours to be approved, but once it is, you’ll get your money in an hour.
- Prepaid Cards also can take up to 48 to be approved, but once it is, you get your funds immediately.
- Online Banking process takes 3 to 5 business days to be approved and credited.
- If you want a check, it should arrive between 7-10 business days after approval.
What Other States Have FanDuel Sportsbook Legalized Online Sports Betting?
New York will become the 13th state to have launched the FanDuel Sportsbook for legalized online betting.
The other dozen are Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. And more are on the way.
You must be physically present in one of these states to make online wagers.