There are lots of accessories every iPhone owner needs to have in their arsenal. In addition to iPhone cases and chargers, a good selfie stick is a nice addition to your collection of accessories. Selfie sticks, sometimes known as “monopods”, are a simple way to take selfies that capture large groups of friends or panoramic backgrounds. If you’re planning a vacation, or just love to take photos, then a selfie stick is a smart investment. Here are ten selfie sticks that can be used with your iPhone. Many of these selfie sticks are also compatible with Android smartphones. Each one offers a slightly different array of features, with prices starting under $20. You can also check out some iPhone-compatible selfie sticks in our post on the best selfie sticks, or see iPhone 6-specific recommendations for iPhone 6 selfie sticks.
1. Selfie World Orbit Pro II Easy Plug ‘n Play Selfie Stick
The Orbit Pro II selfie stick works with both iPhone and Android devices. It’s a nice choice for the average smartphone owner, thanks to a combination of low price and user-friendly design. More senior smartphone owners may appreciate that there are no apps to download, and no need to check your Bluetooth settings. A small cable connects the stick to your device. Pop the cable into the headphone jack, and the stick is ready to use. All you have to do is press the button on the stick itself.
Whether you own an iPhone 4 or a brand-new iPhone 6 Plus, this selfie stick can accommodate your phone. This stick can be compressed down to nine inches, or extended all the way up to 40 inches.
Price: $14.95 (63 percent off MSRP)
- Compatible with all iOS devices running 5.0 or higher
- Designed to be easy to use, even for technophobes
- Also plays nice with Android devices
- Soft, three-sided mount to securely hold your iPhone
- More advanced users may prefer a selfie stick with Bluetooth connectivity
- Cable could get lost or left behind
- Stick has not been treated to resist damage from fresh or salt water
- Only under warranty for one year
2. URPOWER Pro 2-In-1 Extendable Selfie Stick With Bluetooth Remote Shutter
Available in your choice of black and pink, the URPOWER Pro selfie stick is another nice option to consider. It works with both Android and iOS devices. This selfie stick extends from 9.25 inches to 40 inches.
This selfie stick uses Bluetooth technology to control the shutter, so the stick will need to be charged periodically. In the box, you’ll get the stick, a charging cable, and two phone holders. These two phone holders ensure that you get the best possible fit for your particular phone model, and also give you a little extra wiggle room in the event that you use a very bulky protective case. The two phone holders work with phones 55mm-75mm and 70mm-90mm, and have inner foam lining to cushion your device. This is another selfie stick option that is budget-friendly, making it ideal for those with a tight budget, or those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a selfie stick until they decide whether they like using them on a regular basis.
Price: $14.99 (63 percent off MSRP)
- Fits phones with or without a protective case
- Lifetime warranty
- No remote to keep track of
- Also works with Android devices
- Does need to be recharged periodically
- Somewhat small battery (45mAh)
- Stick takes an hour to fully recharge
- Some Android devices require a little “jiggery-pokery” to work with the stick
Find more URPOWER Pro 2-In-1 Extendable Selfie Stick With Bluetooth Remote Shutter information and reviews here.
3. BenGoo Extendable Selfie Stick With Wired Remote Control Cable
Worried about the battery life of selfie sticks that use Bluetooth? This wired selfie stick may be ideal for your needs. It doesn’t require charging, and you don’t have to deal with the hassle of Bluetooth pairing. It’s a slightly smaller stick, which may appeal to those who need a more compact option. When collapsed, it measures just under eight inches. Extended, it measures 36 inches.
Price: $11.99 (56 percent off MSRP)
- Multiple color options
- Works with iOS, Android, and small digital cameras
- Wrist strap
- 180 degree range of rotation
- Not ideal for recording videos with voice
- Slightly smaller than other options on our list
- Wired design may not appeal to all people
Find more BenGoo Extendable Selfie Stick With Wired Remote Control Cable information and reviews here.
4. Newisland Pro 3-In-1 Bluetooth Extendable Selfie Stick With Built-In Remote Shutter
One of the top-rated selfie sticks on the market today, this model can usually be found online at a deep discount. The head is quite secure, ensuring that your phone should stay tightly in place. The adjustable head makes it easy to experiment with different angles, adding a bit of variety to your photographs. This selfie stick is compatible with a wide range of devices, including older iPhones and Android phone models.
Price: $12.99 (57 percent off MSRP)
- Works with most iOS and Android devices
- Comes with pad to ensure secure hold
- Articulating mount
- Max load capacity of 500g
- Only under warranty for one year
Find more Newisland Pro 3-In-1 Bluetooth Extendable Selfie Stick With Built-In Remote Shutter information and reviews here.
5. Mpow iSnap Pro 2-in-1 Self-Portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick With Built-In Bluetooth Remote
PCMag reviewed this selfie stick, and found it to be a “solid” choice. While it doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, it is a reliable option. It can extend between 12.5 inches and 38.5 inches. This is another low-cost option that is ideal for the average user, though some might prefer a selfie stick that is a bit more rugged.
Price: $14.99 (58 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Mpow iSnap Pro 2-in-1 Self-Portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick With Built-In Bluetooth Remote here.
- Groove prevents telescopic arm from twisting
- Reasonably priced
- Some worry arm design could damage a device under the wrong conditions
- May not be sturdy enough to support heavy devices
- Phone may move around if stick is moved quickly
Find more Mpow iSnap Pro 2-in-1 Self-Portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick With Built-In Bluetooth Remote information and reviews here.
6. Noot Groupie Selfie Stick
The “Groupie” selfie stick is ideal for people who like to use a monopod to capture group shots with all their friends. This is another battery-free model, which is ideal for people who use selfie sticks outdoors. If frequent recharging isn’t going to be a possibility with your lifestyle, then a battery-free, non-Bluetooth selfie stick is probably the best option for you. If you like colorful, compact designs, this inexpensive selfie stick can be a great “starter stick” for first-time monopod buyers.
Price: $8.99 and up, depending on color selected
- Multiple color options
- Under 24-month warranty
- Can be used for continuous shooting
- No batteries or apps required
- Text here
- 24-month warranty is nice, but not as nice as a lifetime warranty
- Works with GoPro, but GoPro mount is not included
7. DaGou Bluetooth QuickSnap Pro Selfie Stick
This selfie stick is short on accessories, but it’s still a solid option. This model collapses down to 9.3 inches, but can be quickly extended all the way up to 41 inches (about three and a half feet). The mounting head pivots, and contains cushioning to ensure your device stays protected. The head is quite large, and can easily hold an iPhone 6 Plus, even if that device is in a thick case.
Price: $15.99 (47 percent off MSRP)
- Reasonably priced
- Fits and securely holds multiple types of smartphones
- Adjustable, pivoting head
- Comes with a limited number of accessories
- Somewhat limited color options
- Some may require a more rugged selfie stick to meet their needs
8. Smart iReach Bluetooth Enabled Wireless Selfie Device
After a while, all selfie sticks all start to look alike. Looking for a selfie stick that has a little more visual appeal than the average monopod? This is a nice option to consider. It’s quite lightweight, weighing about six ounces. It also collapses down to a nice size, making it compact enough to carry in even a small purse or gear bag.
Price: $49.95 (17 percent off MSRP)
- Made from lightweight carbon fiber, not aluminum
- Great grippy texture on handle
- Some color options to choose from, though not as many as other models
- No assembly required
- More expensive than other options on our list
9. InnoGear Selfie Stick With Remote Shutter & Telescopic Tripod
Extending up to 31.5 inches, this InnoGear selfie stick is a nice choice for those who are looking for a monopod/tripod combo. The battery size for the Bluetooth selfie stick is 120mah, so it can last about six days on standby, or run continuously for about 40 hours. Some users report that this selfie stick is generally quite stable, but devices may sometimes have a tendency to lean forward in the mount. The whole selfie stick kit can fit in the included carrying case.
Price: $22.99 (36 percent off MSRP)
- Can be used as selfie stick or tripod
- Various color options
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Could be more ruggedly designed
- Takes over an hour to charge fully
- Not rated to last over 350 charging cycles
Find more InnoGear Selfie Stick With Remote Shutter & Telescopic Tripod information and reviews here.
10. The Alaska Life Selfie Stick
Looking for a selfie stick that’s built tough? This waterproof option is a great choice, particularly for those who like outdoor living. This selfie stick works with iPhones, as well as waterproof cameras like the GoPro. It also comes with a carabiner so you can attach it to your bag. It can be screwed into tripods for extra height. The stick itself can be extended to 36 inches.
Price: $41.95 (24 percent off MSRP)
- Works with tripods
- A bit heavy
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook