The iPhone X will be available for pre-order starting on October 27. You’ll want to be online after midnight Eastern because the preorders sell out fast. Historically, the preorder page goes online at 3 a.m. Eastern. When the iPhone 8 was released, preorders on the Apple store app didn’t actually become available until 3:02 a.m. Eastern, so if you open the app and don’t see the phones yet, force quit the app and reopen it.
The Fastest Way to PreOrder
According to customers who have gotten their iPhones on the release date before, the fastest way to preorder your iPhone X is through the Apple Store app. To make this even faster, use the iPhone Upgrade Program and get your order preapproved. See more details below.
Preapproval & Prices
The iPhone X will be officially released on November 3, but it will sell out quickly that day in stores. Many people are preordering to have a better chance of actually getting the phone on November 3.
If you want to be among the first to get the iPhone, then pre-ordering is your best option. If you’re using the iPhone Upgrade Program, you can even get your purchase preapproved online and then just go to the Apple store app and confirm your order at 3 a.m. on October 27. Your phone will already be configured from your preapproval, so you shouldn’t have to go through that process all over again. This is the fastest way to get the iPhone.
The iPhone Upgrade Program uses Citizens One bank in the U.S. and Barclays in the UK. The prices for for the iPhone X through the program (which includes AppleCare+) are:
- $49.91/month for 64GB
- $56.16/month for 256GB
The iPhone Upgrade program works with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T online. If you’re on T-Mobile, you’ll need to go to an Apple Store to use the iPhone Upgrade Program.
You’re eligible for the program once you’ve made 12 payments.
How to Order Your Phone Online or Through the App
- Choose to either have the new iPhone shipped to your home or pick it up in a nearby store.
- If you’re picking up your phone, you may need to make a reservation at the Apple store.
- If you have the phone mailed to you, you’ll also receive a Trade-in Kit so you can mail your old iPhone back to Apple.
- [If you’re using T-Mobile, it looks like you’ll need to reserve at a store, not online.]
- If you’re already part of the upgrade program, you’re eligible for a new phone any time after six months, as long as you’ve made 12 payments on the phone. You can check here to see your upgrade eligibility.
Note: If you’re using the app, force quite the app and reopen it if you check the app and don’t see the iPhone X available yet. The app won’t automatically switch to showing the phones if you open the app too early.
How to Order at an Apple Store
- Visit an Apple store.
- Make sure the data on your old iPhone is backed up.
- Work with a specialist to trade in your old phone for a new one.
- If you’re trading in your phone, make sure your old phone can power on, hold a charge, has no breaks or cracks, and has a working display. Otherwise you’ll need to get your phone fixed with AppleCare+ before you can trade it in.
Additional FAQs About the iPhone Upgrade Program
Here are some other points about the Apple Upgrade program that might be helpful to you:
- Yes, your credit will likely get a hard check when you preorder, because you’re basically getting a new line of credit for the new phone. There’s no specific credit score that you’ll need to know you’ll get approved. You’ll find out if you’re approved after you try to apply.
- You’ll need a credit card for making payments.
- After you’ve paid on your old phone for 12 payments and turn it in, you won’t continue getting bills for your old phone and your new phone. (Whether or not you finished paying off your old phone.)
- The upgrade program has 0 percent APR and includes AppleCare+.
- If you haven’t made the equivalent of 12 payments, you’ll have to catch up on those if you want to pre-order a phone.
Discuss on Facebook